JonandMarie

Wife's Passport biographic page DS230 IV Package

16 posts in this topic

My wife's visa will be for her married name Holmes. We just applied for a Philippines passport renewal using Holmes. My understanding is that she needs a Visa and Passport in the same name (Holmes) so that they admit her at the POE.

Today her passport is Guillero. The NVC knows about her maiden and married name. They don't provide guidance about if they want the biographic page as Guillero or Holmes

So I am sending Guillero... Is this what you did also? Did you send the passport biographic page with the DS230 as the maiden name and not the married name?

U should used ur married name.. Since u filed petition using married name then all the documents to be presented and submit should be on married name..

She wouldn't have any problem at the POE if her passport were in her maiden name and her visa were in her married name.

As part of the process to amend her passport, she'll need to attend the CFO seminar. The DFA will require her to submit the CFO certificate of attendance.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

She wouldn't have any problem at the POE if her passport were in her maiden name and her visa were in her married name.

As part of the process to amend her passport, she'll need to attend the CFO seminar. The DFA will require her to submit the CFO certificate of attendance.

Perhaps she wouldn't have a problem at the POE. It's more likely, they won't issue the visa in the married name without a passport in that same name. Get the passport name changed and send a copy of the new passport. The name change should have been done months ago.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Perhaps she wouldn't have a problem at the POE. It's more likely, they won't issue the visa in the married name without a passport in that same name. Get the passport name changed and send a copy of the new passport. The name change should have been done months ago.

I agree with Tahoma and pushbrk.

When my wife got her passport changed to her married name back in 2008, she had to attend the CFO seminar and submit her certificate of attendance to get a new passport in her married name.

there is no harm if u have her passport changed to her married name. its better to have it when u need it than not having it wen u need it. i had mine changed even if my old passport was still valid for the next 3 years. i got my new one right before my papers reached NVC.

USCIS10/17/2012 - I-130 package sent10/23/2012 - NOA1 text notification (NBC)10/25/2012 - NOA1 mail notification (NBC)02/01/2013 - RFE (beneficiary BC unreadable)02/02/2013 - RFE complied02/06/2013 - NOA2!!!NVC03/11/2013 - NVC Received Packet from USCIS03/12/2013 - Case Number Assigned03/12/2013- Choice of Agent and Address sent via email03/18/2013 - NVC confirms assigned choice of agent and address04/01/2013 - AOS bill generated04/04/2013 - IV bill generated04/12/2013 - Paid AOS and IV04/16/2013 - Shows PAID both AOS and IV04/18/2013 - Receive instruction package gor AOS and IV05/26/2013- Sent AOS and IV Package06/26/2013 - AOS Checklist<p>06/28/2013 - AOS Re-sent07/02/2013 - NVC got the checklisted AOS07/24/2013 - Case CompleteUS EMBASSY MANILA07/29/2013 - St. Lukes Medical exam (PASSED!!!!)09/04/2013 - INTERVIEW!!!! APPROVED!!!(US EMBASSY MANILA)09/09/2013 - CFO Sticker<p>xx/xx/xxxx - Immigrant Visa fee (165usd)xx/xx/xxxx - POE ( SFO)

My wife's visa will be for her married name Holmes. We just applied for a Philippines passport renewal using Holmes. My understanding is that she needs a Visa and Passport in the same name (Holmes) so that they admit her at the POE.

Today her passport is Guillero. The NVC knows about her maiden and married name. They don't provide guidance about if they want the biographic page as Guillero or Holmes

So I am sending Guillero... Is this what you did also? Did you send the passport biographic page with the DS230 as the maiden name and not the married name?

Just send them your current passport at the time. If her new passport comes they will still give you her old one with the visa in it so no problem either way

Timeline

Just send them your current passport at the time. If her new passport comes they will still give you her old one with the visa in it so no problem either way

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to say. A person only has one valid passport from a given country at any given time.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Like pushbrk stated:

I'm not sure I'm understanding what you're trying to say. A person only has one valid passport from a given country at any given time.

When my wife got new passports they would not release a new passport until after they had defaced the old passport. To the best of my memory the DFA punched holes in the old one causing it to be unusable.

Like pushbrk stated:

When my wife got new passports they would not release a new passport until after they had defaced the old passport. To the best of my memory the DFA punched holes in the old one causing it to be unusable.

What I tried to say was to use the passport that you have even if it is in her maiden name. If she gets a new passport in her married name later then just use both passports. The old passport may be punched and rendered not usable but the visa inside is still valid and will be needed to get through your POE. Just because a passport is no longer valid doesn't mean that the visa's inside aren't.

Has any spouse here at VJ used their maiden name on their passport without any problems??? all the way to POE that is...

I wanted my wife to update her passport also, but she was told she couldn't by DFA because her's wasn't near expiring yet. Still good for 2plus years.

This is in Cebu, which I've come to learn has a bug up their ####### about almost everything. DFA was a pain, CFO, the airport when we went to Hong Kong, NSO still can't get her son's father's death certificate a year after he died. She's gone back and forth so many times it's ridiculous.

I plan to send the copy of her maiden name passport with her DS-230. We still have time to get a new passport if we have to, but is it required??

She told DFA why she needed it changed but I know some people working in those offices don't know squat and give bad information.

I'll feel better if someone has used their maiden name the whole way through without any problems.

Thanks

Gonna try again.

USS Liberty - Not Forgotten

Timeline

Has any spouse here at VJ used their maiden name on their passport without any problems??? all the way to POE that is...

I wanted my wife to update her passport also, but she was told she couldn't by DFA because her's wasn't near expiring yet. Still good for 2plus years.

This is in Cebu, which I've come to learn has a bug up their ####### about almost everything. DFA was a pain, CFO, the airport when we went to Hong Kong, NSO still can't get her son's father's death certificate a year after he died. She's gone back and forth so many times it's ridiculous.

I plan to send the copy of her maiden name passport with her DS-230. We still have time to get a new passport if we have to, but is it required??

She told DFA why she needed it changed but I know some people working in those offices don't know squat and give bad information.

I'll feel better if someone has used their maiden name the whole way through without any problems.

Thanks

Changing a name because of marriage is a choice. You just use the same name all the way through and the visa is issued in the passport name. Pretty much all China cases work that way. You can do a name change later if you want, it's just a bit more complicated that way. Of course, if you can't accomplish it now, you'll need to wait.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

my passport is also in my maiden name and i've read in the USEM site that it is okay to use it even if i am already married. but i'm quite confused, in DS-230 what name should I use? maiden name or married name?

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

my passport is also in my maiden name and i've read in the USEM site that it is okay to use it even if i am already married. but i'm quite confused, in DS-230 what name should I use? maiden name or married name?

What name did you use on your i-130? You use the same name on your DS-230.

If in all the immigration forms you used your maiden name, passport under maiden name then visa and GC will also be in your maiden name.

Edited by apple21

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.