Apalis

Need help obtaining the Singaporean Police Certificate

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

The checklist is all that is needed. A non-citizen doesnt always need the waiver.

My fiance is a filipina working in Singapore as a domestic helper. She went to the SPF with the checklist, her passports and working permit, filled out the paperwork, was fingerprinted and returned a week after to collect the Certificate. We also had concerns about the waiver but it was not needed because the US Embassy checklist.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

The checklist is all that is needed. A non-citizen doesnt always need the waiver.

My fiance is a filipina working in Singapore as a domestic helper. She went to the SPF with the checklist, her passports and working permit, filled out the paperwork, was fingerprinted and returned a week after to collect the Certificate. We also had concerns about the waiver but it was not needed because the US Embassy checklist.

All foreign citizens must fill in the appeal form. It does not need to be sent in advance of the application, nor is there additional waiting time for the outcome of the appeal. She most likely filled out the appeal form on the spot at the COC office.

Flying to Seattle on 6 May 2014!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi

Got confirmation from NVC representatives twice within this week that Singapore police clearance is not required anymore by NVC for Non-Singaporeans.

any others faced such reply? Please reply.

Thank you

Singapore Police Force does not issue COC to Singapore Permanent Residents or non-Singaporeans any more. You shall not need to provide any COC, NVC and the embassy do understand it. Still, You can take a printout of the attachment and send to them / bring with you at the time of interview. I was afraid for the same thing, the delay and NVC would not give me any letter. I contacted SPF and got this notification. I sent it to NVC along with other require documents and that was all. I was not asked for any COC from Singapore after that at any stage. However, I did have to provide them one from my native country.

COC Notification.doc

Married: 12/01/2011
USCIS Stage:
I-130 sent: 12/29/2011 NOA1: 01/03/2012 NOA2: 09/24/2012 (Text and website) - 09/28/2012 (In mail) <265 days to approval from NOA1 date>
I-129F sent: 01/14/2012 NOA1: 01/18/2012 NOA2: 09/27/2012 (Withdrawn)
RFE: 08/13/2012 "Proof of Bona Fide marital relationship". (Took them 7 months, 1 week and 4 days to send an RFE).
RFE Responce received by CSC-USCIS on 09/07/2012.
NVC Stage:
NVC Received: 10/09/2012
NVC issued Case #, IIN and BIN: 10/10/2012
IV Package Received at NVC: 12/03/2012

EMBASSY STAGE:
interview March 20, 2013 : results AP (sent in paperwork for co-sponsor received 4-20-2013)

Issued: September 30, 2013

POE: Raleigh-Durham International Airport, NC @ 10-17-2013 (Easy entry, pleasant experience).

Removal of Conditions on Residence:

Filed: August 14, 2015 - VSC

NOA1: 08/19/2015

Date of Decision: 06-03-2013

Letter of Approval received: 06-09-2016

Green Card received: 07-15-2016

Naturlization N-400:

Filed: September 16, 2019

Biometrics: October 9, 2019

Interview: August 24, 2020

Approval: Approved and received Naturalization Certificate same day.

Timeline

Singapore Police Force does not issue COC to Singapore Permanent Residents or non-Singaporeans any more. You shall not need to provide any COC, NVC and the embassy do understand it. Still, You can take a printout of the attachment and send to them / bring with you at the time of interview. I was afraid for the same thing, the delay and NVC would not give me any letter. I contacted SPF and got this notification. I sent it to NVC along with other require documents and that was all. I was not asked for any COC from Singapore after that at any stage. However, I did have to provide them one from my native country.

They do issue COC to non-citizens, a one-page appeal form needs to be attached to the request, is all. SPF is still accepting the packet 3 instructions from the embassy (for K1s) or NVC checklist (for IR1/CR1s) as proof that the COC is required for non-citizens. Glad to hear your embassy didn't ask to see the COC but there have been others who were not so lucky and were asked to produce the COC before the visa could be issued. Better to play safe and get it rather than face additional delays that could have been avoided.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Query from Thai K-1 petitioner split from this topic and moved to AOS/Family-Based main forum. Topic title is "AOS for Thailand K-1 Entrant? [split topic]." ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

As my case is getting close to be moved to NVC stage, I would like to prepare for all required police certificate.

I did learn however, Singapore COC is (normally) 'not' issued to non-Singaporean anymore.

Is there any VJ members (non Singaporean) who recently completed for IR1 visa processing without submitting Singapore police certificate?

If this document is not required, it would make a whole NVC and interview process faster.

IR1 applied from overseas

NOA1: 18 Sep 13 (NBC)

NOA2: 19 Mar 14 (CSC)

NVC received: 21 Mar 14

NVC case # assigned: 22 Apr 14

NVC case complete: 11 Aug 14

Interview: 2 Sep 14 (Japan)

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day!

I have worries in getting COC in Singapore they are slow in registering my request. I emailed them on March 15th 2014 and emailed again but no reply at all. I mailed my documents thru FedEx from cebu to Singapore and received on the 19th of March 2014. The FedEx staff called me and said my documents has been sent and signed by ___. I called COC and was able to spoke to the one who received it. I asked her if they've got my documents and it seems that everything is hanging coz they can't even say " yes your documents are here however it was not yet entered or etc". She told me to wait coz it was just being sent to them but when I called again a week after their answer is still uncertain. I am too worried coz all my documents are there including my demand draft. When I called this morning she answered my call and asked me to call back coz the system was down. And when I called back nobody answers and my phone credit goes zero coz it goes to mailbox. Every time I called they put on hold for too long and so my phone credit is over. I am so worried. I don't know what to do. I am worried if they misplaced my documents.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

COC is a must for any nationality who resided in Singapore more than 6 months. I got checklist for Singapore COC last month and NVC very particular about reviewing that certificate.

I recently applied and got the certificate in 4 weeks. make sure the documents you submitted are all as per their listed requirement, especially the NVC or Embassy checklist very important. without proper document, application may be on hold. We need to call again and again to track it, no other choice from my experience. I applied like almost similar to your experience above. Suggest call them Singapore time 8.30 to 9.30 am.

Edited by sing_us

Vermont received 3/14/16

Bio-metrics 4/12/16

i-751 Approved 2/28/17 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the response. . They already shipped it to my local address and now I'm waiting for it.. may I ask a question if I will send the coc to manila embassy aling with my passport to whom should I address my documents? Or should I just pust immigrant visa IV unit? Can you help me please..thank you.

we just sent AOS and IV packets to NVC and it is under review. but i am pretty sure that we are required to submit a singapore police clearance since my husband worked there for 2 years. now my question is how can my husband obtain singapore police clearance? i appreciate anyone's reply and help. thanks in advance.

Timeline

we just sent AOS and IV packets to NVC and it is under review. but i am pretty sure that we are required to submit a singapore police clearance since my husband worked there for 2 years. now my question is how can my husband obtain singapore police clearance? i appreciate anyone's reply and help. thanks in advance.

He needs:

1. COC application form - found here: http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/cert_issued.htm

2. Appeal form for non Singaporean citizens - found here: http://www.mfa.gov.sg/content/mfa/overseasmission/canberra/consular_services/certificate_of_clearance.html

3. Copy of his passport bio page

4. 2 recent passport-sized photographs

5. Copy/Printout of the NVC checklist

6. A set of fingerprints from the local Police authority in his country

7. Proof of his time in Singapore (can be in the form of tax returns filed, copy of work permit or employment pass, etc)

8. Bank draft in Singapore dollars for SGD$60 made payable to "Head Criminal Records CID" (if he has an account with BPI, I believe it's something along the lines of a US$5 fee on top of the actual amount. HSBC also works but charges more.)

Looks like the fee has recently changed from $45 to $55 in April this year. With the $5 postage fee that makes $60 for those applying from overseas.

Timeline

Oops. Post got cut off.

Send 1-8 through post to the address in the link in item number 1. Use registered mail so you can be sure it has been received - SPF sometimes refuses to confirm receipt, which can be frustrating. It takes about 3-4 weeks from the date they receive it to them sending it out, provided all the documents are in order. You can contact them by phone (+65 6557 3985) before 12 noon, Mondays - Fridays to get the Singpost tracking number once it has been sent out.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Query from Manila petitioner split from this thread, moved to Philippines regional forum, and titled "221g Documents - Manila [split topic]." ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

Thanks for all the info here. We are a bit confuse now regarding the police certificate. My fiancee is a Singaporean PR and an Indonesian citizen. She's lived in both of the country after the age of 16.

Is it sufficient to only submit the COC from Singapore (with the appeal & nvc checklist) or does she need both COC from Singapore AND Indonesia?

Not sure if this is related, but I've also read that the US embassy in Jakarta does not require a police certificate:

http://jakarta.usembassy.gov/visa/fiance_k1_visa.html

Please help

Timeline

hi apalis,

I recently applied for the COC from Singapore Police force, it takes more than 10 business days from approval and finally reaching the requesting authority. I had to appeal because of the requirement stated on packet 3 for K1 visa interview. Though they said COC is not applicable for non-citizens, we can appeal and once the appeal is successful, they will send it out to the requesting authority. First fill out the documents provided on the links below with your particulars.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/341-appeal-e.pdf

Since the statutory declaration of no criminal conduct is not acceptable by USEM, you have to fill out this form below and state your case number and name of applicant. This letter from IV unit is required by the SPF which requires COC as part of the visa process and that statutory of declaration is not acceptable.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Request%20Letter%20for%20Singapore%20COC.pdf

I didn't come personally to apply for the COC, so here's the documents I submitted:

1. Appeal forms

2. Letter from IV unit

3. Photograph (2) size: 3x4 cm with white background (get the recent ones)

4. Original fingerprint impressions taken by the national police (in my case, the Indonesian national police)

5. Proofs that you have resided in Singapore for more than 6 months such as passport endorsement, employer/school testimonial, your permanent resident card or FIN card copy. Please refer to the requirements on the appeal forms.

6. Bank draft of S$50 addressed to 'HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS CID'. As long as your local bank is affiliated with SINGAPORE BASED BANK such as OCBC, UOB, DBS, the SPF will accept it. Check and confirm with your local bank first.

7. Copy of valid passport(bio page)

8. Copy of my Indonesian ID

9. NVC checklist stating that COC is required.

Hi blooms, I noticed that you are an Indonesian citizen too. Did you have to get a Police Clearance from Indonesia as well? If so, what is the process?

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.