Apalis

Need help obtaining the Singaporean Police Certificate

69 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Hi,

Indonesian police clearance is not needed as stated in the checklist from the US Embassy Jakarta.

And you read it correctly from their website as well.

She should have no issues in obtaining the Singapore PCC, the PCC will be mailed directly to the requesting authority which is the US Embassy. Just call them vigorously to update her status on the PCC.

Let me know if you have any other question.

Blooms

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

We just got our Singapore COC by following the advice in this thread. Just don't be in a hurry and don't believe the 10 days. First it takes 5 extra days for the "appeal", and then it takes at least a week for your mailing to make it from their mail room to someone's desk. Altogether it took ours 50 days. The system does work; just don't expect it to work as fast as they claim.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

hi apalis,

I recently applied for the COC from Singapore Police force, it takes more than 10 business days from approval and finally reaching the requesting authority. I had to appeal because of the requirement stated on packet 3 for K1 visa interview. Though they said COC is not applicable for non-citizens, we can appeal and once the appeal is successful, they will send it out to the requesting authority. First fill out the documents provided on the links below with your particulars.

http://www.spf.gov.sg/faqs/doc/coc_appform.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2011/341-appeal-e.pdf

Since the statutory declaration of no criminal conduct is not acceptable by USEM, you have to fill out this form below and state your case number and name of applicant. This letter from IV unit is required by the SPF which requires COC as part of the visa process and that statutory of declaration is not acceptable.

http://travel.state.gov/pdf/Request%20Letter%20for%20Singapore%20COC.pdf

I didn't come personally to apply for the COC, so here's the documents I submitted:

1. Appeal forms

2. Letter from IV unit

3. Photograph (2) size: 3x4 cm with white background (get the recent ones)

4. Original fingerprint impressions taken by the national police (in my case, the Indonesian national police)

5. Proofs that you have resided in Singapore for more than 6 months such as passport endorsement, employer/school testimonial, your permanent resident card or FIN card copy. Please refer to the requirements on the appeal forms.

6. Bank draft of S$50 addressed to 'HEAD CRIMINAL RECORDS CID'. As long as your local bank is affiliated with SINGAPORE BASED BANK such as OCBC, UOB, DBS, the SPF will accept it. Check and confirm with your local bank first.

7. Copy of valid passport(bio page)

8. Copy of my Indonesian ID

9. NVC checklist stating that COC is required.

Sent the papers through DHL here's my timeline:

Shipped: March 18, 2013

Receipt date: March 20

Approval: April 5

Sent out to USEM: April 11

Call CID +6564358277 or +6564350000 and ask them after 10 business days whether it has been approved and when they will ship it to USEM.

I emailed them and called quite frequently after 10 days, they are very helpful so don't worry as long as you provide complete papers. Once it is approved, they will inform you the COC REFERENCE NUMBER COC/XXXX/XX

SPF only sends through registered airmail by SINGPOST, the CID will inform you the airwaybill as well so you can track the document http://www.singpost.com/index.php?quickTool=TrackItem#Quick

Airmail takes 5-8 days to arrive at the destination. So I will update you again on this.

Hope this helps! good luck for us!

Hi blooms, we are in a similar situation now as your description above. What is the letter from the IV unit? The link you wrote is not found.

Thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

The immigrant visa unit at the embassy will send your fiance an instruction how to apply the visa including specific documents required during the interview such as medical exam and police clearance.

You will have to print this email and presented to COC in able to acknowledge the requesting authority for the clearance.

Check this out.

http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/types/family/fiance-k-1.html#5

Dunno what happened to the link they must have updated it afterall, it has been a year now since the post.

Blooms

• 4 weeks later...

Hello,

We brought the confirmation email to the CoC department and picked up the CoC on the 10th business day. No complications, no questions.

Then.... we received the checklist from NVC asking for the CoC and in the instructions, it asks for a set of 10 fingerprints.

Is this part of the requirements to obtain the CoC from the Singapore police or does NVC require fingerprints?

Has anyone from Singapore submitted fingerprints?

Please advise!

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

We brought the confirmation email to the CoC department and picked up the CoC on the 10th business day. No complications, no questions.

Then.... we received the checklist from NVC asking for the CoC and in the instructions, it asks for a set of 10 fingerprints.

Is this part of the requirements to obtain the CoC from the Singapore police or does NVC require fingerprints?

Please advise!

Thanks!

Apparently you are in Singapore. That is a big plus with speed. We had to do it by remote control from Hong Kong and New York. Took us 80 days total.

• 1 month later...

Just went to get my CoC in person today - I used the very first letter from NVC (IV fees not available to be paid yet so needless to say I do not have a checklist to submit). I did not have to fill out any appeal form. It was straightforward, no questions asked. Pick up date is Sept 11th. I was 10-fingerprinted.

Do you mean NVC is now asking for your fingerprints? Or you got Singapore CoC without getting fingerprinted at the police complex and now they are asking for it?

Hello,

Please advise!

Thanks!

I should have been more specific and note that I am not a citizen or PR here.

Just went to get my CoC in person today - I used the very first letter from NVC (IV fees not available to be paid yet so needless to say I do not have a checklist to submit). I did not have to fill out any appeal form. It was straightforward, no questions asked. Pick up date is Sept 11th. I was 10-fingerprinted.

Do you mean NVC is now asking for your fingerprints? Or you got Singapore CoC without getting fingerprinted at the police complex and now they are asking for it?

Hi,can my wife who is from the Philippines but worked in Singapore for a few years just go back to Singapore in person and ask for the COC cuz right now we're at the IV stage of our journey and since NVC is so backlogged it will take us into next year if we have to wait on them processing out stuff so if someone could be of help it will be greatly appreciated so thanks in advance

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hi guys im from the philippines.. my fiance and i was already applied for k1 visa and were already in NOA1 at this moment. but we want to be ready to get the COC from singapore as early as we can to prepare before the interview. i juat want to ask if can i apply for the COC in singapore without the checklist from embassy?or nvc? just those appeal from and application letter? pls help. thank you

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

hi guys im from the philippines.. my fiance and i was already applied for k1 visa and were already in NOA1 at this moment. but we want to be ready to get the COC from singapore as early as we can to prepare before the interview. i juat want to ask if can i apply for the COC in singapore without the checklist from embassy?or nvc? just those appeal from and application letter? pls help. thank you

You will probably have to wait until you have a case number which you will receive after NOA2. SG will need a letter from the embassy explaining why you need it. As soon as your case number, email the embassy and tell them you need "The Singapore Letter".

My fiancee now lives in Indonesia but had to get a COC from Singapore. We went in person to turn in the application last Thursday and they mailed it on Tuesday. You should get it pretty quick as long as you have the letter from the embassy

Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.