10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I've been waiting over 4 weeks to pay my IV fee. I have been checking in the website to see if they've invoiced me but they haven't. We don't want our police certificate to expire. So can we just send the DS230 forms without the invoice? Someone said i could do this, and pay the IV fee at the embassy. Us this correct? We've emailed the choice of agent form 2 weeks Ago it doesn't seem like it takes that long from the timelines I've observed. Any suggestions, I'm confused and at a stands still.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I've been waiting over 4 weeks to pay my IV fee. I have been checking in the website to see if they've invoiced me but they haven't. We don't want our police certificate to expire. So can we just send the DS230 forms without the invoice? Someone said i could do this, and pay the IV fee at the embassy. Us this correct? We've emailed the choice of agent form 2 weeks Ago it doesn't seem like it takes that long from the timelines I've observed. Any suggestions, I'm confused and at a stands still.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

if you emailed the choice of agent form two week, then that is when you should start counting your wait time( which means you are still within acceptable time frame). Give it till end of this week for the IV bill to be invoiced as NVC has been kind of slow lately with such. They need the IV bill payment to process your DS 230 application., Its best to sort this things at NVC stage.

You could resend the chcoice of agent and add "supervisor review 2nd time sending" after the case number on the subject line.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

Hi, just a.little on my expirience with sending in.paperwork . When I got invoiced my 88 for aos. I send in my aos and iv package together without paying my,iv bill. By the time they get to your paperwork your iv bill will be invoicrd and youll save,some time. My cousin used to work in nvc and she,said that they dont care if you send your packages before your bill is invoiced. So its realky up to you. Hope everything goes well foryou on your journey

Hi, just a.little on my expirience with sending in.paperwork . When I got invoiced my 88 for aos. I send in my aos and iv package together without paying my,iv bill. By the time they get to your paperwork your iv bill will be invoicrd and youll save,some time. My cousin used to work in nvc and she,said that they dont care if you send your packages before your bill is invoiced. So its realky up to you. Hope everything goes well foryou on your journey

How does this work then? You will not have the barcoded cover sheet for the IV package?

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

How does this work then? You will not have the barcoded cover sheet for the IV package?

no, I used the one from my aos payment. Its the same barcode. As long as it has a barcode sheet on top of the package its ok . You dont need 2. I send it like that and they except it. I went by what my cousin told me since she worked in nvc for some time. But please,do whatever we orks for you.

I email and do online forms. I couldn't do the ds-260 until the IV bill showed paid. But I did notice my two cover sheets look different. Bar code does look the same though.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if you've waited for 4 weeks for pay the IV fee bill,

but have only sent in the DS-3032 2 weeks ago,

I say something is off with your calendar math. I checked your timeline as well, and I'm even more confused.

Regardless, use a telephone, call into NVC, see what's up with the DS-3032, as

it's the DS-3032, the adding of it to the casefile, that triggers the IV invoicing.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.