Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2013

2,135 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

The PCC will be sent with the other documents to the embassy after an interview date is assigned, so the embassy will have it for the interview.

Glad it's finally working!

Definitely don't listen no0pb.gif Call back again tomorrow!

I'm betting they reviewed and accepted your AOS package! Call up asap to confirm. They're still open for another 30 minutes!

The interview can be assigned any time between 7am to midnight while they're open! If you're waiting on an email notification though, you can receive this at any time (24 hours a day) and any day of the week since emails are delayed. My interview was scheduled on a Friday yet I only received notification around 6am on Saturday.

Thanks Saylin on the notification

okaaay. We just got another checklist.

This one is asking for Immigrant Visa Application Part 1.

WTH?? I filed my DS-260 on-line and it reads completed and has for a while now.

I'm glad hubby has taken over calling them. They are driving me crazy.

Is Ben & Jerry's considered calorie free if you eat it during immigrant visa processing?

I'm thinking they reviewed (and accepted) either the DS-260 or the IV package for your case. I'd suggest calling up though to find out. Got less than 2 hours!

Yup, got it and paid!! :)

Woohoo! good.gif

hi everyone! we're just confused about our AOS. since my husband has zero income on his last 3 years, we got our joint sponsor, his parents. they filled up 1 i-864a since they have joint income in itr also their w2s. My father inlaw as our household member sponsor with my mother and father nlaw's signature on it. Are we doing it right? thank you

Husband = I-864

Main joint sponsor = I-864

Joint sponsor's spouse = I-864A

You need to choose one or the other for the main joint sponsor. They'll fill out the I-864. It should probably be the one who earns more. Then, the spouse will fill out an I-864A. You can't submit one form for two people. That's not how it works.

Waiting on interview date, do we need to submit 2012 transcript at the time of the interview again? I snailed mailed income tax last month and am waiting for IRS to process before requesting transcript.

What exactly do you mean by 'again'?

I'm thinking they reviewed (and accepted) either the DS-260 or the IV package for your case. I'd suggest calling up though to find out. Got less than 2 hours!

Woohoo! good.gif

Husband = I-864

Main joint sponsor = I-864

Joint sponsor's spouse = I-864A

You need to choose one or the other for the main joint sponsor. They'll fill out the I-864. It should probably be the one who earns more. Then, the spouse will fill out an I-864A. You can't submit one form for two people. That's not how it works.

***thanks saylin but my husband & his parents are n the same house. then is it okay to have 2 joint sponsors when i am only the intending immigrant? since their income wont be separated....

What exactly do you mean by 'again'?

Lord God You Know All Things, You Can Do All Things. We Trust You So Much!
THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING!!!

Angeljay, yes it's okay to have 2 joint sponsors. Lots of people do that when they have the petitioner's parents help out. And since the parents are together and file taxes together, then the second sponsor fills out an I-864A, like I listed above. You just need to decide who will be the main joint sponsor and go from there.

Don't forget, you need to include documents from both of them, as well as your husband.

Angeljay, yes it's okay to have 2 joint sponsors. Lots of people do that when they have the petitioner's parents help out. And since the parents are together and file taxes together, then the second sponsor fills out an I-864A, like I listed above. You just need to decide who will be the main joint sponsor and go from there.

Don't forget, you need to include documents from both of them, as well as your husband.

so my father n law is the main sponsor, he will still file i-864 even though they live in same house with my husband? or the main sponsor and the spouse will fill up i-864a each? sorry saylin just want to clarify things bit so confused.

Edited by Angeljay

so my father n law is the main sponsor, he will still file i-864 even though they live in same house with my husband? or the main sponsor and the spouse will fill up i-864a each? sorry saylin just want to clarify things bit so confused.

Read the list I wrote above, doesn't matter if the petitioner and main joint sponsor live together or not.

Read the list I wrote above, doesn't matter if the petitioner and main joint sponsor live together or not.

thank u saylin thank u2x ;-)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Case number generated on the 16th... still not invoiced for AOS fee.... grrr!

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Case number generated on the 16th... still not invoiced for AOS fee.... grrr!

Hopefully this upcoming week! Remember, it can still be invoiced over the weekend, so keep an eye out on the payment portal! ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just realized. Since I have a case number, I can like do things now right?

I don't have an IIN yet, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can do the Electronic opt-in and choice of agent?

oldlady.gif

I just realized. Since I have a case number, I can like do things now right?

I don't have an IIN yet, but if I'm understanding correctly, I can do the Electronic opt-in and choice of agent?

You can definitely send in the OPTIN email for EP yes.gif But the DS-261 (Choice of Agent) you need to login to the Immigrant Visa portal and to do that you do need the IIN.

*See ABOUT ME for complete Visa Journey Timeline*

~~~ROC~~~

04/12/15- Eligible to apply for removal of conditions

05/16/15- I-175 Mailed to VSC

05/19/15- NOA (received 05/23)

06/16/15- Biometrics Appointment

03/07/16- ROC Decision Date - Approved

03/11/16- Text and Email Received 'New Card in Production'

03/12/16- Approval Letter Received in the Mail

03/??/16- 10 Year Greencard in Hand

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

You can definitely send in the OPTIN email for EP yes.gif But the DS-261 (Choice of Agent) you need to login to the Immigrant Visa portal and to do that you do need the IIN.

ok cool ty!

oldlady.gif

I am also in the same page 38 days and waiting. Can you please advise if your I-130 was processed by National Benefits center?

Yes, ours was transferred to local field office by the National Benefits center. My husband called the USCIS, spoke to tier 2 and a service request was made. After 15 days, we got a mail from NVC informing us that they received our papers.

A tax transcript won't be ready until the IRS has processed and accepted the return. If you don't include transcripts, then you need to include the ENTIRE tax return. This means the 1040, W2s, 1099s, schedules, worksheets, etc. Basically, everything that was sent to the IRS has to be sent to NVC. You'll need to include a letter as to why he did not file in 2010 and 2011 (NVC doesn't care about the earlier dates as there's no questions on the I-864 about those years; only the last 3 years).

Thank you very much Saylin. You are an angel sent from above to answer our questions. May God bless you more.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.