HunnyBunny

Foreign Police Certificate

31 posts in this topic

My husband lived in Muscat, Oman for many many years before he lived in Jordan. He received his PCC in less than a week, and they sent it to him in Jordan. It does not take 2-4 months. To the OP: In Oman they will request your resident number, a copy of your biographic page from your passport and for 2 passport style photos. To obtain it you go to the police station in Al-Qurum, that is the only place in Oman that issues them. If you are not in Oman a friend or someone in the family can do it for you. My husband's sister who still lives in Oman did it for him last year and it literally took a few days to get it. It is printed in both English and Arabic so you won't need to have it translated. Good luck!!!

yeah i do agree that pcc can be obtain in just few days if you are personally present at the country where you need the pcc or someone you knew from there could help you get it on your behalf...

i got my china one in 3 days after application, coz i did it myself before leaving the country... but with the other 3...took me 2 to 3 months to get them...(that's if you dont have a friend or relative who could do the application for you....) i submitted my application to their embassy here in my country except for Thai pc where application must be submitted directly to the Thai Police service center Bangkok and can only be done by mail if you are not present in the country.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

yeah i do agree that pcc can be obtain in just few days if you are personally present at the country where you need the pcc or someone you knew from there could help you get it on your behalf...

i got my china one in 3 days after application, coz i did it myself before leaving the country... but with the other 3...took me 2 to 3 months to get them...(that's if you dont have a friend or relative who could do the application for you....) i submitted my application to their embassy here in my country except for Thai pc where application must be submitted directly to the Thai Police service center Bangkok and can only be done by mail if you are not present in the country.

In Oman even if you are not in the country you can mail them what they need and they send it back within the same week of receiving it. The only extra time it will take is the time it takes to get the documents to Oman via fedex, maybe an additional 3 or 4 days. Oman is a very small country, they are very fast and efficient.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Yup... Thanks once again!!!!

If you don't have anyone in Oman to help you out I would allow myself a few extra weeks just for mailing time to and from just to be on the safe side. They are pretty efficient.

Edited by mimolicious

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

If you don't have anyone in Oman to help you out I would allow myself a few extra weeks just for mailing time to and from just to be on the safe side. They are pretty efficient.

I already contacted my friend in Muscat. But I think I will wait for NOA2, in the meanwhile I will send all the required documents for getting PCC. I am just repeating the docs required as you told me... 1. Photocopy of my resident card (which I am having) 2. My present passport copies & photos (what's the specified size??). I will also send a copy of my old cancelled passport wherein my visa had been stamped. Is that enough?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Hi...yes its a must for anybody who is applying for a US visa to get police clearance from the country you used to stay for more than 6 months ( whether you stayed for work, studying, visit etc)...you should get one from Oman and it takes time to obtain one...(depending on the country) normally it takes 2- 4 months to get one.

i guess you should start getting information on how to get one from Oman while waiting for your NOA2...see if it possible to apply from their embassy in India.

I applied for Malaysia,Thai,Japan and China...

goodluck to you and hope this helps a bit.

God bless!

Hi, i've worked in Malaysia too, how long is it valid? and are you able to extent the period?

In Oman even if you are not in the country you can mail them what they need and they send it back within the same week of receiving it. The only extra time it will take is the time it takes to get the documents to Oman via fedex, maybe an additional 3 or 4 days. Oman is a very small country, they are very fast and efficient.

Oh thanks for this info...thats good news for hunnybunny then...such a great help! :thumbs:

Hi, i've worked in Malaysia too, how long is it valid? and are you able to extent the period?

in my country, all police certificates are valid for one year according to the US embassy website... im not pretty sure about your next question...extend the period of validity?

i made an online application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia Official Portal on this site http://www.kln.gov.my/ go to e-Consular and then click Certificate of Good Conduct as they call it. you have to register as a new user first before you would be able to use the e-services...and then fill-up an online application form for pcc and once its done print them...together with the other documents needed as stated on the website and id pictures, submit all the documents to the Malaysian embassy in your country, pay a little fee and wait for the approval of your application online which can be found on the same website....once you see that your application has been approved print the page and submit it to the Malaysian embassy, and they will make the certificate for you signed by the consul general. ( Its just a piece of paper that says you have no adverse record with the government of Malaysia )

im not sure if the processing is the same from your country...but thats how i did it and i already got mine... ( Thank God )

hope this info could help you too...God Bless!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

in my country, all police certificates are valid for one year according to the US embassy website... im not pretty sure about your next question...extend the period of validity?

i made an online application to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs Malaysia Official Portal on this site http://www.kln.gov.my/ go to e-Consular and then click Certificate of Good Conduct as they call it. you have to register as a new user first before you would be able to use the e-services...and then fill-up an online application form for pcc and once its done print them...together with the other documents needed as stated on the website and id pictures, submit all the documents to the Malaysian embassy in your country, pay a little fee and wait for the approval of your application online which can be found on the same website....once you see that your application has been approved print the page and submit it to the Malaysian embassy, and they will make the certificate for you signed by the consul general. ( Its just a piece of paper that says you have no adverse record with the government of Malaysia )

im not sure if the processing is the same from your country...but thats how i did it and i already got mine... ( Thank God )

hope this info could help you too...God Bless!

Hi thanks for the reply, I was wondering, let say, if the police report is valid for 3 months and then the visa interview falls on the day outside the validity period, would you be able to ask for a validity extension, meaning extend the validity for another 3 months...or do you need to apply all over again.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Anyone had to get a police Certificate from Lebanon? Was it required at the interview, if the applicant had lived there for more than 6 months in the last 7 years?

Yes...it is mandatory to get PCC if you have lived in that country for more than 6 months.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Try and find a website where you can download the Police clearance forms. complete them, and have a police officer in your area sign it and do your fingerprints. Then mail it back. I had to do that because I lived in the and I received my foreign police clearance within 3 weeks

• 3 years later...
Filed: Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hello.

I was wondering if you could help me. I am a Colombian and are applying for k1 fiancee visa. I currently live in Colombia but I lived in Mexico 11 months and 4 years later 8 months. Do I need a police certificate from this country? How can I get one? In the site https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/fees/reciprocity-by-country/MX.html when typing Mexico I found the following information, but It requires me to be there physically. What should I do? I also contacted the Mexican Embassy and there was no reply.

Police Records – Local Municipality Records

Available. The Municipal Police (Policía Municipal) are responsible for administrative processes (public intoxication, public disorderly conduct, domestic violence without injuries, etc.). A record for a state or federal crime could exist in their database, but only if the detention was made initially by the Municipal Police.

Individuals may obtain a certificate of No Antecedentes Policiacos (no police record) by visiting the local Police Department. This varies according to the Municipality and sometimes you need to visit the District Attorney’s Office in the state capital to obtain this certificate.

Police Records – State Police Records

Available. The State Police (Fiscalia General del Estado de XXX) are responsible for auto theft, burglary, murder, assault (all types), etc. The State Police can provide a Carta or Certificado De No Antecedentes Penales (while titled the same as the certificate provided by the Federal Police, these are two distinct certificates that reflect different police records).

In Mexico the process and the cost of obtaining a Carta/Certificado de no Antecedentes Penales varies by state; however, there are a few items that usually remain constant. In each case the request must be made at the designated government office in person, copies of birth certificate, official ID, and photographs must be presented along with a payment that could vary from 50.00 Mexican pesos to 265.80 Mexican pesos depending on the state.

In the state of Colima the Carta de no Antecedentes Penales is obtained through a government service kiosk. The state of Sinaloa allows the process and the payment to be completed through the Sinaloa.gob web-site; however, the Carta must be picked up in person at an appropriate government office. Veracruz does not provide this letter to incumbents unless the request originates from a competent authority by sending an official request letterhead including letterhead, name, job title, email address, phone number, and seal of office. There is no charge for this service.

Police Records – Federal Police Records

Available. The Federal Police (Procuraduría General de la Republica- PGR) are responsible for piracy, money laundering, drug charges, and weapon charges. The Federal Police can provide a Carta or Certificado De No Antecedentes Penales (while titled the same as the certificate provided by the State Police, these are two distinct certificates that reflect different police records).

In order to obtain information on how to acquire the Carta, subjects should visithttp://www.pgr.gob.mx/.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm confused now if I have to get police clearance too since I work in Japan for 6 months... Exactly 6 months I left Japan ... It's stated more than 6 months staying in foreign country need police clearance ...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I'm confused now if I have to get police clearance too since I work in Japan for 6 months... Exactly 6 months I left Japan ... It's stated more than 6 months staying in foreign country need police clearance ...

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Indonesia
Timeline

I'm trying to find out how to get a police certificate from Hyogo Prefecture in Kobe Japan. I see how to get if you lived in Tokyo, but nothing I can find outside of Tokyo. Can anyone help me find who I should request the certificate?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.