Mark and Anna

I-129f processing , what we all need to do to bring this to someones attention.

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I just wrote a letter to Marco Rubio of florida, I request you all do the same, I told him about the wait time, backlog of 129f's and how it seems to be priority on the dream act visa's . if you also write his office and once he starts getting more and more letters and e-mails he will be most likly check into into it, he is one of the people in congress pushing for imigration so lets make him also look at the people who are doing it legealy also. come on what harm will it do, its better then not doing anything.just type his name and you will find his website and how to contact his office.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

i just got started here, but reading your comment i am wondering are there delays with all the 129f filers in the aug30 2012 timeframe...i saw that they received some 600,000 dream filers .. is that the only known reason? thx

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

i just got started here, but reading your comment i am wondering are there delays with all the 129f filers in the aug30 2012 timeframe...i saw that they received some 600,000 dream filers .. is that the only known reason? thx

That is from what I understood from the lady i talked to on the phone, she told me that the dream filers have priority ! which i find nothing but a bunch of bull, they can wait in line like the rest of us ! they have been here all this time breaking the law ,and now they get priority over the people doing it the right way ! i hope everyone will write mr. Rubio and make him hear our voice ! and not just the undocumented !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

That is from what I understood from the lady i talked to on the phone, she told me that the dream filers have priority ! which i find nothing but a bunch of bull, they can wait in line like the rest of us ! they have been here all this time breaking the law ,and now they get priority over the people doing it the right way ! i hope everyone will write mr. Rubio and make him hear our voice ! and not just the undocumented !

thanks for responding.. i will send a letter to him tonight.. i kind of figured obama put them on a fast track..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to USCIS Service Centers forum -- not a K-1 process issue; destination forum contains similar threads. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I just wrote a letter to Marco Rubio of florida, I request you all do the same, I told him about the wait time, backlog of 129f's and how it seems to be priority on the dream act visa's . if you also write his office and once he starts getting more and more letters and e-mails he will be most likly check into into it, he is one of the people in congress pushing for imigration so lets make him also look at the people who are doing it legealy also. come on what harm will it do, its better then not doing anything.just type his name and you will find his website and how to contact his office.

I wrote him too few days ago, and to senator Graham, I got respond form senator Graham saying that he will not respond personally to me due to large volume on emails and he responds only to NC residents. I hope it my work, Also, I wrote to to California congresswomen Diane Feinstein.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is very common and has been for may years for the service centers to handle one type of petition at a time. "Priority" may be the wrong word, rather "focus" may be more correct. I suggest you read the pinned topic at the topic of the K-1 forum where I had an interview with a director at USCIS VSC. Nothing has changed except possibly the workload. The man is an acquaintance of mine

You are going to learn a lesson in civics that you learned in 8th grade but forgot. It is called "Separation of Powers"

USCIS is an administrative branch department. Obama is the head of this branch ultimately and the cabinet member in charge is the Secretary of Homeland Security. Janet Napolitano

Congress is the legislative branch, they are not "the boss" of USCIS and cannot make them do anything except comply with the laws that congress passed. They are. Rubio can do nothing but make an inquiry, he already has. He can answer your question if he wants or ignore you if he wants but he cannot change anything at USCIS.

It takes as long as it takes. The time it takes varies depending on a lot of factors. As many people that would complain about their K-1 would complain about the CR-1, the I-751s and the I-485s, everyone is more important than the next guy.

The people being processed by USCIS ARE doing it "legally". You are never in line behind "illegal aliens" because if they are illegal they do not go through USCIS.

One should be careful what one asks for as there have been several internal suggestions to speed up processing and they include...

1. Eliminate K-1s and have only CR-1s meaning you can only petition a spouse, not a fiancee.

2. Eliminate RFEs, if you cannot read and follow directions your petition gets denied and you start again, RFEs require the petition to be adjudicated TWICE and that is not fair to those of us that read instructions

Doing this would be easier than hiring new employees and cheaper. Your Senator may just ask USCIS for its suggestions and this may just be the answer.

Bottom line...the person you want to marry requires government action to remove a barrier that the government created and they take their sweet time about it. And this is just the start...you have another four years after the visa, minimum, of dealing with this until they become a citizen

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

It is very common and has been for may years for the service centers to handle one type of petition at a time. "Priority" may be the wrong word, rather "focus" may be more correct. I suggest you read the pinned topic at the topic of the K-1 forum where I had an interview with a director at USCIS VSC. Nothing has changed except possibly the workload. The man is an acquaintance of mine

You are going to learn a lesson in civics that you learned in 8th grade but forgot. It is called "Separation of Powers"

USCIS is an administrative branch department. Obama is the head of this branch ultimately and the cabinet member in charge is the Secretary of Homeland Security. Janet Napolitano

Congress is the legislative branch, they are not "the boss" of USCIS and cannot make them do anything except comply with the laws that congress passed. They are. Rubio can do nothing but make an inquiry, he already has. He can answer your question if he wants or ignore you if he wants but he cannot change anything at USCIS.

It takes as long as it takes. The time it takes varies depending on a lot of factors. As many people that would complain about their K-1 would complain about the CR-1, the I-751s and the I-485s, everyone is more important than the next guy.

The people being processed by USCIS ARE doing it "legally". You are never in line behind "illegal aliens" because if they are illegal they do not go through USCIS.

One should be careful what one asks for as there have been several internal suggestions to speed up processing and they include...

1. Eliminate K-1s and have only CR-1s meaning you can only petition a spouse, not a fiancee.

2. Eliminate RFEs, if you cannot read and follow directions your petition gets denied and you start again, RFEs require the petition to be adjudicated TWICE and that is not fair to those of us that read instructions

Doing this would be easier than hiring new employees and cheaper. Your Senator may just ask USCIS for its suggestions and this may just be the answer.

Bottom line...the person you want to marry requires government action to remove a barrier that the government created and they take their sweet time about it. And this is just the start...you have another four years after the visa, minimum, of dealing with this until they become a citizen

There is such a thing as congressional oversight. And pressure from elected officials does have an impact on administrative agencies. I have worked for administrative agencies and know this first hand.

You are incorrect about them complying with law. K1 visa type established under the LIFE act was to avoid family separation. They are not in compliance with this aspect of the law.

On your final point about this only being the beginning: WHO CARE??? The two of you are together. You are living your lives. So, the process is long and annoying... WHO CARES? The problem is this stage where undue separation is being imposed on families of US citizens, arbitrarily. Whether that arbitrariness is law or prioritization or what have you, the separation is outside of K1 filers hands (and CR1 filers, and K3 filers, etc). These statements about this only being the beginning, are straw men.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Korea
Timeline

1. The current slowdown in I-129F processing is statistically aberrant from previous batch processing patterns over the last two years. It is more severe than previous slowdowns, both in terms of degree and duration.

2. The current I-129F slowdown is being done for the sole benefit of a newly contrived class of petitioner--those filing the I-821D. This is a class that was created solely by DHS's own internal procedures, without the mandate of any specific statutory change. Even accepting that DHS does have the power within its mandate to make this particular class, that does not mean they have carte blanche to implement it to the detriment of others seeking immigration benefits to which they are lawfully entitled.

3. You should probably have kept studying civics past 8th grade because the interplay between Congress and the federal agencies they establish to carry out the laws they create is extremely complex. Congress does, in fact, have the authority to oversee the operations of the DHS and its constituent agencies. They can do this in a number of ways, including requesting information or action from the DHS Inspector General, using their subpoena power to obtain information or sworn testimony, empowering independent auditors to review DHS practices, referring suspected cases of malfeasance or illegality to the Justice Department, and explicitly changing the law to either narrow or broaden DHS's discretion in a given area. None of these powers is trivial at all. And, when there is evidence that the USCIS is deliberately screwing over a class of petitioner that has been explicitly statutorily mandated in order to implement its own internally-mandated, discretionary, experimental program, I expect those in Congress to use one or more of the above means to hold DHS accountable and seek systemic fixes on behalf of the statutorily mandated class.

4. It's silly to assert that people should not complain about the current USCIS paradigm out of fear that legislators responding to those complaints will only make it worse. Yes, that's always a possibility, but the other possibility is that they make it better. It's our job to educate our legislators on the ways they can make it better so as to push them towards that result. The current problem is the DACA program implementation, not the K-1 visa. No one is going to conclude based on complaint about DACA that the K-1 visa must be eliminated. If someone wants to get rid of the K-1, that's a separate issue.

Edited by I & B

:no:

Our Story AoS
[March 2012] Met online on Christian Mingle [November 27th 2013] AoS sent
[June 25th 2012] Met in Person in London!
[August 2012] Steve visits me again in the Uk for our second meeting for just one weekend! [March 6th 2014] AoS Interview - Passed
[september 2012] My first trip to America to visit the love of my life
[November 2012] I travel to America for my first ever thanksgiving with Steves family!
[December 2012] Steve comes to the Uk to spend xmas with my family!
( heart.gif February 15th 2013 heart.gif ) He pops the question in Kensington, London...and I say yes!

K1

[January 15th 2013) I-129f SENT!
[January 24th 2013] NOA1
[July 08th 2013]- NOA2 (
approved 165 Days)
[July 18th 2013] Case forwarded to NVC

[July 26th 2013] We call DoS and are finally given our case # - I book medical immediatly

[July 29th 2013] Case forwarded to US Embassy, London
[August 8th 2013] Packet 3 sent (before received)

[August 9th 2013] Packet 3 received
[August 13th 2013] Medical

[August 16th 2013] CEAC updates - London logs my medical results

[August 20th 2013] - CEAC update - London logs my packet 3

[August 23rd 2013] I call DoS and they tell me my interview date, (2 weeks since I sent ds-2001)

[August 27th 2013 CEAC update - London dispatches packet 4]

[August 29th 2013] Packet 4 received
[september 24th 2013] Interview -
Refused due to passport and birth certificate condition

[september 26th 2013] Emergency appt at HM Passport Office London - New Passport and Birth Certificate in hand
[september 30th 2013] DX collects passport and birth certificate

[October 3rd] - Docs delivered to Embassy

[October 10th] - London Approves and Issues our Visa!!

[October 16th 2013] 4.00pm - Visa in my hand, 11pm POE -Newark

[October 27th 2013] Wedding wub.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I want to suggest another avenue of contacting your representative, the town hall. Now for may Congresspeople the town hall is a very tightly controlled event with questions and questioners pre-screened but for many reps, like mine, it is totally open. If you do have the chance to ask a question directly put it as succinctly as possible ("Rep xxxx, it appears that all other visa processing at the USCIS CSC has been put on hold and DACA filers given priority. I am a US Citizen and fiancee applications like mine are being held so that illegals may be grated visas. Why is this? Do you think it is fair to put illegal immigrants in line before US Citizens?". I would also suggest that you bring a few friends and spread them around the venue to lead "spontaneous" applause. I doubt that this alone will get any traction but if it at least gets the Congressperson to ask their staff "hey, have we received any letters on this subject?" then I think it will have done some good.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.