Bill and Tanya

Why would a Russian be denied K1 visa at interview?

76 posts in this topic

how can anyone even get the visa without ever meeting in person? I thought the requirement was ONE meeting, so why would you even go thru the process without ever meeting. since it is one of the FEW requirements.

They can't get a visa without meeting in person. I didn't say or imply that they can.

My point was that from time to time, people come on the forum and ask about bringing their bf/gf over, but they have never met. Yet, they are ready to pull the trigger. So they're told that they will actually have to travel to that country to meet in person before they can file the paperwork.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I have something similar to yours. We met once, in her city, I met her parents many times (with pictures of course) and I had been plannign a 2nd trip, but my father got sick, and eventually died this year in April.

So, I sent the death certificate, obituary (which has my name in it) and a letter explaing why we could not meet a 2nd time, and that i was saving my last week of vacation for when Svetlana came, so that we could spend a nice 10 days together here, getting her used to my house, the area i live in, etc..

We dont have a TON of pictueres together, like 20 or so, but they are of us together, and with her parents, and Have 1000s of pages of chats and letters.

As far as I can tell, all of my evidence is fine, and income is fine, and such, but I have this feeling, it depends on the mood of the interviewer.

Thank you!! I feel the exact same way it depends on mood of the interviewer it makes me feel sick!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I always wonder how you can make a decision to marry after one meeting (Skype Shcmype :-) ). Casting no aspersions. Puts a lot of pressure on that 90 day period. If money is the problem with visiting how are you (the general "you" not anyone specific) going to afford to support someone with a child or children who won't be able to contribute financially to the family for some time. Just some thoughts. Good luck to all...

Oh, I oon't know. I paid my $99 for access to email and address, selected my young blond Russian hottie from the online catalog on a website that stated that these woman had signed up to consider marriage beyond their borders. We Skyped and other nearly every day for a month and then agreed to meet in person within two more months. During the meeting we agreed to pursue the K-1 visa (both knowing that the end of that part of the process was to marry). We then went back to our countries and as we waited for the process, we continued to vet each other out and our future lives together. Later the visa was approved and they came over.

We gave each other until day #60 of the 90 days to make a decision. She always had the final say. We married on day #24.

We may be special since we are so compatible and were able to use modern communication means to our advantage and the content of our communications was intense and intensive.

And yes, it amazes me the many many folks (not on RUB forum but in the general K-1 forum) who barely meet or don't meet the poverty levels and they are whining and complaining about it. What about all the future expenses required for the new immigrant(s)?

I understand that some are young and just starting out and some have recently fallen on hard times...but the NEED to pursue the immigration because their love is so supreme and they can't understand why USCIS is so "mean" to them. It's for their own benefit, to possibly wait until better economic times before they immigrate.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline
And yes, it amazes me the many many folks (not on RUB forum but in the general K-1 forum) who barely meet or don't meet the poverty levels and they are whining and complaining about it. What about all the future expenses required for the new immigrant(s)?

I understand that some are young and just starting out and some have recently fallen on hard times...but the NEED to pursue the immigration because their love is so supreme and they can't understand why USCIS is so "mean" to them. It's for their own benefit, to possibly wait until better economic times before they immigrate.

it amazes me too but probably not the fact that people do it but rather the fact that one side is probably using the other as a free ticket to gc and other side just does not get it and believe that that gorgeous person from abroad who they met for like 1 hr somewhere in the third world became madly in love with them even though they have no means to support a family and have no much to talk about because of language barrier... but then some just want to improve their financial situation by sponsoring "fiance" with extra cash on hands

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

apparently there is someone on a forum (http://www.zaokeanom.com/forum/) that my fiancee has been reading that was outright rejected (quite dramatically) at Moscow for her interview. this is causing concern for my fiancee.

unfortunately, i have no idea how to read cyrillic, and the google translation my fiancee has sent me has it sounding dramatic.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I saw what your fiancée is probably talking about and there has to be more to it. A petitioner being rejected for bad grammar and not acting like a true American?

that's the one. something sounded very "off" about the whole story.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

that's the one. something sounded very "off" about the whole story.

Do you have a link? I'd like to read it too.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

Thanks! That just seems so weird.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

apparently there is someone on a forum (http://www.zaokeanom.com/forum/) that my fiancee has been reading that was outright rejected (quite dramatically) at Moscow for her interview. this is causing concern for my fiancee.

unfortunately, i have no idea how to read cyrillic, and the google translation my fiancee has sent me has it sounding dramatic.

Seems they didn't believe the relationship evidence for some reason and thought it wasn't a legitimate relationship.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The part about the girl who had her visa denied because she had applied for a fiancee visa to Germany for a different guy at the same time was interesting. As far as the guy with bad grammar, I'm leaning on the side of there being something else to this story. On the other hand, the explanation that the officer didn't think that her fiance actually wrote it because the grammar was so bad could actually make sense. In any case, any time people face consequences for poor grammar I feel that the world is becoming more just.

Timeline

Ok i've had a look at this forum and i think you're better off here with us, they're still discussing if they should file K-3 there or not simultaneously with I-130. I think this is also the message you should give your lady. Vj is a more veritable source of information by the looks of it.

(o.O)

PS: there was more to the bad grammar story: http://www.zaokeanom.com/forum/post441579.html#441579 - but it looked like they didn't think it was a real thing before they mentioned bad spelling.

Edited by Hollyday

I'm the beneficiary.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Paul you beat me to it! Apparently my Fiancée read this too and then freaked out afterward. She couldn't believe they could deny someone for that reason, and now is worried because she feels they can deny us for anything. I told her that there is more to the story than being told, and that when people are upset they tend to leave out the details. Also that the Embassy's job is to look out for the USC and the RUC, and well if his grammar was that bad perhaps they worried about his educational level. Then I told her she has nothing to worry about because I put our paperwork together and then we went over it together, and so it's as solid as a rock. Though the damage was done and we had to talk about it, I didn't mind because I'd rather her have piece of mind. Which is why I recommend she stop reading those posts, and gave her a link to the Embassy Reviews here on VJ :)

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

Paul you beat me to it! Apparently my Fiancée read this too and then freaked out afterward. She couldn't believe they could deny someone for that reason, and now is worried because she feels they can deny us for anything. I told her that there is more to the story than being told, and that when people are upset they tend to leave out the details. Also that the Embassy's job is to look out for the USC and the RUC, and well if his grammar was that bad perhaps they worried about his educational level. Then I told her she has nothing to worry about because I put our paperwork together and then we went over it together, and so it's as solid as a rock. Though the damage was done and we had to talk about it, I didn't mind because I'd rather her have piece of mind. Which is why I recommend she stop reading those posts, and gave her a link to the Embassy Reviews here on VJ smile.png

Good job! (Seriously this other forum drives me nuts. Lol. I have a low tolerance level for this 'aww sweetie, i hope you get your NOA2 soon, mwah mwah")

I'm the beneficiary.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.