Bill and Tanya

Why would a Russian be denied K1 visa at interview?

76 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Which is why I recommend she stop reading those posts, and gave her a link to the Embassy Reviews here on VJ smile.png

Yep. My wife also was reading those bad immigration stories forums when we were waiting for the K-1 and it took all I could to persuade her that the horror stories were just not true and not the norm.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

ah, so we're all on the same boat :P

i have to keep reassuring my fiancee that she won't be denied a visa (there is very little reason for her to be denied). i mean, we're the same age, come from the same ethnic background, so what if she's a commie and i'm a yankee. if the embassy was concerned, they would just need to contact the NSA and listen to all my phone conversations with her.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

ah, so we're all on the same boat tongue.png

i have to keep reassuring my fiancee that she won't be denied a visa (there is very little reason for her to be denied). i mean, we're the same age, come from the same ethnic background, so what if she's a commie and i'm a yankee. if the embassy was concerned, they would just need to contact the NSA and listen to all my phone conversations with her.

Hahaha good one about the NSA!

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

That's nothing, just wait until she/they get here and start reading the 'unhappy RUBette Cinderellas in Amerika' forums!

they have a branch of this in this zaokeanom one, already reading it. biggrin.png

Stories like: "7 years into the relationship i found out he's 54 and not 43 as he was telling me (makes him 24 years older than the lady), he used loans to come over, lives with his parents in some woodland area, has a son he doesn't care for at all, says i should cook the meal after he obliged me with buying the chicken" and 10 pages of discussions - will she ditch him or not? Should he be given another chance? Oooh, the suspense!

They combine unhappy Cinderellas and Cinderellas that didn't make it in this one.

Edited by Hollyday

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

they have a branch of this in this zaokeanom one, already reading it. biggrin.png

Stories like: "7 years into the relationship i found out he's 54 and not 43 as he was telling me (makes him 24 years older than the lady), he used loans to come over, lives with his parents in some woodland area, has a son he doesn't care for at all, says i should cook the meal after he obliged me with buying the chicken" and 10 pages of discussions - will she ditch him or not? Should he be given another chance? Oooh, the suspense!

They combine unhappy Cinderellas and Cinderellas that didn't make it in this one.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/07/mail-order-bride_n_3232779.html

jest.gif

Timeline

Yuck! And she was cute (when she said 'Oh, heavens' i laughed). I mean, seriously, getting married just for a green card is so sad. And another thing puzzles me: how can you get married when you can't even communicate to each other??

I'm the beneficiary.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

That's nothing, just wait until she/they get here and start reading the 'unhappy RUBette Cinderellas in Amerika' forums!

Too late in my case, she's already read some of these. Being that she has never been to the states either, her only sources are me and the internet, and the internet has way more sources than I do. I tell her everything you read will be different than you experience it, but everything I tell you is a cold stone hard fact. The good thing is she has at least traveled, and believes me more but sometimes those damn internet stories kick up some irritating dust.

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Yuck! And she was cute (when she said 'Oh, heavens' i laughed). I mean, seriously, getting married just for a green card is so sad. And another thing puzzles me: how can you get married when you can't even communicate to each other??

I watched this not to long ago too, and was surprised she decided to come here. You at least need to be able to talk to one another to really understand what the other person thinks and feels. I lucked out and my fiancée speaks great english, part of her love for languages, but this hasn't stopping me from learning hers. I never intended to go out and find myself a RUB girl, it just kind of happened, and I couldn't be happier it did. Though It's important to me to learn Russian even if that damn ы gives me so much trouble! I'll get it one of these days!!!

“Even the smallest act of caring for another person is like a drop of water -it will make ripples throughout the entire pond...”

― Jessy and Bryan Matteo

Timeline

I watched this not to long ago too, and was surprised she decided to come here. You at least need to be able to talk to one another to really understand what the other person thinks and feels. I lucked out and my fiancée speaks great english, part of her love for languages, but this hasn't stopping me from learning hers. I never intended to go out and find myself a RUB girl, it just kind of happened, and I couldn't be happier it did. Though It's important to me to learn Russian even if that damn ы gives me so much trouble! I'll get it one of these days!!!

Well that's the toughest letter for everyone. :) I hope my husband learns some Russian eventually - not for my benefit but mostly for my mother's so they can communicate some without me. Currently he's in the 'you'll come here, speak Russian and i'll pick it up in no time' mode. Heh.

I'm the beneficiary.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Mine thinks everything we eat is genetically modified food and says we will have to grow our own vegetables!

Yep, you have some misinformation to overcome. It can be very entertaining, though...My wife likes to tell the stroy of how there was a story in the Russian press that said the US had a secret weapon that causes earthquakes and set off the tsunami of 2004...

Well that's the toughest letter for everyone. smile.png I hope my husband learns some Russian eventually - not for my benefit but mostly for my mother's so they can communicate some without me. Currently he's in the 'you'll come here, speak Russian and i'll pick it up in no time' mode. Heh.

I knew more Russian before we got married...cry.gif

Edited by Tanya and Barry

I-129F Sent : 2010-01-16
Visa Approved!!: 2010-04-20
Visa Received: 2010-04-28
POE Chicago: 2010-05-01
Married: 2010-06-30
AOS filed: 2011-01-25
AOS Approved: 2011-03-25

ROC Approved 06-2013

Citizen 09-14

Timeline

Yep, you have some misinformation to overcome. It can be very entertaining, though...My wife likes to tell the stroy of how there was a story in the Russian press that said the US had a secret weapon that causes earthquakes and set off the tsunami of 2004...

I knew more Russian before we got married...cry.gif

OMG you mean you don't have that weapon?? :D

And good job on that too. I only know one person studying it on their own free will - and only because he works here.

I'm the beneficiary.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

wow! DEEEERAILED! but what a great thread this turned into! I haven't been very active on this forum, but I value all your advice. In June we decided to meet again, not for purpose of a second meeting, we both just missed each other, and I had the means to do it again. We had such a wonderful time together, and after the trip was over, I realized I had spent too much time listening to rumors and worrying about facets of this process I had no control over. Long since, I had decided to sit back and just let everything happen, while making sure we were both prepared for each step of the process - and there are a lot of steps. After only a record 100 days, we received NOA2, and now a lot closer to the pot-o-gold!

I agree with several of your posts that skype has been invaluable for this process. since earlier this year we basically live together on skype, and spend 24 hours a day with each other. I connect her to my computer at work, then again when I get home, and we do everything together. Eat, sleep, cook (she taught me how to make Щи), and even watch TV - her latest obsession is a Russian show called House 2 (Дом 2). And here I thought USA had monopoly on the uselessness that is reality TV!

ü Met online - Oct 31, 2012

ü Met in Mexico - Jan 21, 2013 Q

ü Expedited removal and 5 year ban vacated - Mar 21, 2013

ü I129F sent - Apr 16, 2013 +

ü I129F confirmed received - Apr 19, 2013

ü USCIS Acceptance Confirmation (NOA1) - Apr 25, 2013 +

ü Met in Mexico - Jun 21, 2013 Q

ü Email, petition transferred to another office - Jul 10, 2013

ü Hard copy, petition confirmed transferred to Texas - Jul 14, 2013 +

ü Email notification of NOA2 - Approved!!! (100 days) - Jul 28, 2013

ü Hard copy NOA2 - Sep 21, 2013 +

ü NVC case number - Sep 9, 2013 (

ü Hard copy NVC case number - Sep 15, 2013 +

ü Interview scheduled for Oct 4. 2013 - Approved!!!!

ü Visas received!!! - Oct 23, 2013 +

ü Port of entry - Nov 12, 2013 Q

ü Married - Dec 24, 2013

ü AOJ Interview - Jul 1, 2014

ü Green Cards Received - Jul 14, 2014 +

ü 1st anniversary -  Dec 24, 2014 

ü 2nd anniversary -  Dec 24, 2015 

ü Applied for removal of conditions - Jul 14, 2016 +

ü 3rd anniversary -  Dec 24, 2016 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.