JD & Coconut

I just wrote a letter to the LA TImes

28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I wrote to two senators and a congressman a week ago. Still waiting on a response. Glad you wrote to the media, maybe if they are placed in the spot light, they'll pull out the thousands of I129F from the toilet that they are apparently having plumbing problems with. Your profile picture is beautiful by the way, you two make a very good looking couple!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I wrote to two senators and a congressman a week ago. Still waiting on a response. Glad you wrote to the media, maybe if they are placed in the spot light, they'll pull out the thousands of I129F from the toilet that they are apparently having plumbing problems with. Your profile picture is beautiful by the way, you two make a very good looking couple!

Thank you from both of us!

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

any chance to call the editor's desk, have a convo over the phone with a human that picks up the phone ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I just wrote a letter to the LA Times to have them investigate and write about the massive delays currently occurring at the CSC with I-129F petitions. I will continue to write to the various papers and media outlets around the country every day until the CSC starts spitting out approvals. When I see they are still working on July and it is almost April and many people are still waiting for a response after receiving their NOA1 in July and August, it does not exactly fill me with hope that my fiance will be here this year. If you would like to help, I propose that you do the same, contact your congress person, contact media outlets by phone or write to them and let them know about this intolerable situation that is going on with fiance approvals at the CSC.

Very cool. Thank you man :)

Timeline

I just wrote a letter to the LA Times to have them investigate and write about the massive delays currently occurring at the CSC with I-129F petitions. I will continue to write to the various papers and media outlets around the country every day until the CSC starts spitting out approvals. When I see they are still working on July and it is almost April and many people are still waiting for a response after receiving their NOA1 in July and August, it does not exactly fill me with hope that my fiance will be here this year. If you would like to help, I propose that you do the same, contact your congress person, contact media outlets by phone or write to them and let them know about this intolerable situation that is going on with fiance approvals at the CSC.

I was thinking of the same thing. I actually was looking at tv shows like 60 minutes to see how to submit a story idea. I'll keep looking into that angle. What did the letter look like? Can you post it on here?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Thanks JD for your action! :thumbs:

My fiance in California will definitely make action to media too.

I read on a blog that a radio helped to create a buzz about a difficult K-1 case, which led a congress person to give support and she finally received NOA2.

So newspapers, radios and TVs could be our choice.

I hear Mark Zuckerberg is starting a political advocacy group on immigration reform. How about presenting the super-effective K-1 procedure to the Facebook CEO?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887324105204578384781088854740.html?mod=WSJ_hp_LEFTWhatsNewsCollection

Edited by Sheepwalk

K-1 Timeline
• Feb 22, 2013 – I-129F mailed via FedEx
• Feb 25, 2013 – USCIS Dallas Lockbox received
• Feb 27, 2013 – NOA1 date (CSC)
• Mar 04, 2013 – NOA1 hardcopy in mail

• Aug 07, 2013 – NOA2 (161 days)

• Aug 10, 2013 – NOA2 hardcopy in mail

• Sep 04, 2013 – file sent out from CSC

• Sep 12, 2013 – NVC assigned TKY case #

• Sep 13, 2013 – file in transit to TKY from NVC

• Sep 16, 2013 – CEAC site case status "READY"

• Oct 21, 2013 – Interview at Tokyo Embassy, approved in 3 minutes (236 days since NOA1)

• Oct 21, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Administrative Processing"

• Oct 22, 2013 – CEAC site case status "Issued"

• Oct 23, 2013 – K-1 visa delivered at around noon

j3sWp9.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Finding out about all these delays is really disappointing, and there is growing talk about contacting you congress people or the media.

I'm all for this and I think it might be useful to have a simple and direct cut/paste letter for congressmen, and/or the media. We may not have much of a voting bloc, but perhaps we have enough numbers on the site to make a dent if we can get enough letters out there.

I'd be happy to throw in my suggestions, but if anyone has something they've already written, perhaps it can be posted as a template.

There are some tips here: http://usgovinfo.about.com/od/uscongress/a/letterscongress.htm

If you need to find your representatives, you can use this:

House - http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/

Senate - http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We hoping for a successful resolutions and speedy processing for all. Just lucky we are on the back end at ROC.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

+1, good job. When my 5 month anniversary hits next Friday I'm turning into a bulldog. Going to write my elected officials and newspapers/TV outlets to get our story heard.

event.png

Timeline

Maybe your wait is because of problems with your file. It is confusing that you use CSC, live in Ohio and field office is New York. You could have probably sent it to Vermont instead would have been a bit sooner maybe. It is normal for offices to have different times, when I filed in August the VSC was much longer wait than CSC. There is an article everyday how poorly the new health system is going,like daca it was not well thought out, this was caused mainly by the president so we just have to live with it for 3.5 years. It sucks waiting but I think unless you get a politician to do something you just have to wait. I hope you all get approved soon!

Timeline

You are awesome!good.gifgood.gifgood.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Thank you so much, Bless you!! - from all of usheart.gifbiggrin.gif

K1 VISA
I-129F Sent: 2012-10-25
I-129F NOA1: 2012-10-29
I-129F RFE 1st Email notice: 2013-04-24
I-129F RFE 2nd Email notice: 2013-04-29
I-129F RFE 3rd Email and text notice: 2013-05-09 (saying we have an RFE on 2013-04-24 again, LOL!!)

I-129F RFE 4th Email notice: 2013-05-23

I-129F NOA2: 2012-06-07

Timeline

We could post a change.org petition and see if that makes a dent. I think we could get plenty of signatures if we have someone make it that is good with the written word.

That is a good idea about the petition, also thanks for the courage to alert media outlets.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

That is a good idea about the petition, also thanks for the courage to alert media outlets.

I know also that the whitehouse.gove has a petition are to create one I am not sure if it goes to Change.org.

I also posted this in the contac the whitehouse

Mr. Obama,

I just started into a K1 Visa with my Fiancé from Thailand, a country that we have strong ties with. I have joined a few websites where people talk about this process, the timeline and what needs to be done. I wanted to bring it to your attention that in your reform of the Immigration laws that while the K1 visa is a double intent visa it is important to treat them like Family also. The DACA’s have all but stopped the process at the CSC and for the last 3 months K1 Visas have not gone though. The date has shown July as the processing dates they are doing and has not changed. I am writing this for all the people waiting on their fiancé to join them, and finding out our 5 month wait for the faster visa is now going to take as long, or longer then the Married Visas. Please look closely at this or have your board look and address these issues. It is hard for us to get seen or known because when our Fiancé is accepted we forget and move forward with our lives and this act causes everyone else to continue moving. As I said I have just started and I do not see this fully affecting me and my wife to be. I see this affecting people who filed back in July, Aug and Sept and watch nothing move forward. It is sad to see families’ held back and stopped from continuing their lives. I see some every day try in vain to contact a congressman or a political party to just be told to wait. This makes me fear the future for me and my Fiancé in America and worry I will not see her for up to a year.

Please if you look at any of these letters that come to you. Please look at this one and know that family’s were already being delayed and are now at a standstill.

Thank you

If everyone else writes something and it has a tie together im sure it would get noticed.

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.