Q&R

ALMOST IN TEARS

28 posts in this topic

Hold your course... it does seem to take forever, but it's worth it!

K-1
03/09/12 - NoA1
10/04/12 - NoA2 (210 days)

AoS

01/25/13 - NoA1
08/15/13 - NoA2 (199 days)

RoC
05/21/15 - NoA1

11/02/15 - NoA2 (164 days)

N-400

08/18/16 - NoA1
03/14/17 - Interview

03/16/17 - Oath Ceremony (217 days)

US citizen

Total time start to finish: 5 years, 12 days (1,838 days)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is getting close to 8 months now since the NOA1 and I just don't know what to do. I am not in the states, so I can't easily contact with the CSC by phone and I hate being helpless in this situation.

It is also frustrating to see people who, from the same country and service center, have applied after me have received their NOA2 and I still have had no word.

Any suggestions on how to pass the time or to speed up this process???!?!!!!

ALMOST IN TEARS!!!

Thanks in advance

Hun I feel for you...it is an exercise in patience! (which i have none)I kind of put my life on hold while starting this journey but I know the best thing is to keep going..function the best you can...work if you can...be productive like you were before this....I believe that doing the right thing for you resonates with the Universe/g-d) and good will be given back...You are almost there!! Be Confident! Think Confindent! See your NOA2 in the mailbox! And i know it sounds lame to some but enjoy the moment..Next year this time you will forget about this strife! All will be good. Know it!

Edited by ricky and elaine

Apr 11/13...married in Las Vegas
Apr 18/13...filed 1-130
Apr 22/13...received notification Noa1

Nov 26/13...218 days transferred from NBC to CSC

Dec 30/13..Notification of approval NOA2

Jan 9/14....Received by NVC

Feb 10/14...Obtained Case#, IIN,BIN#'s

Feb 10/14...sent OPTIN email..received

Feb 15/14...Confirmation for DS261

Feb 20/14...AOS shows PAID

Feb 20/14...Received Document Cover sheet (bar coded)

Feb 28/14.. received OPTIN approval

Feb 28/14...emailed OAS package

Mar 4/14 paid IV Bill

Mar 6/14 submitted DS260

Apr 14/14 Case Complete NVC

Apr 17/14 Received instructions for appt

Apr 21/14 Case sent electronically to Montreal.

May 30/14 appt in Montreal

May 30/14 APPROVED!!! YIPPEE

June 4/14 Passport with Visa in Hand! (quick eh)
Aug 20/14 POE Detroit Bridge

Aug 26/14 received SSN (card)

May 23/16 Filed 1-751 (California)

Nov 26/16 751 Approved 10 yr card on way.

N400

Dec 27/17   Mailed application

Dec 29/18   Priority Date

Jan 4/18     NOA..Fee pd

Jan 24/18   Biometrics

Feb 9/19    N400 Interview in Las Vegas- Approved!!

Mar 8/19   Oath Ceremony

Mar 8/19   I'm a citizen!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is getting close to 8 months now since the NOA1 and I just don't know what to do. I am not in the states, so I can't easily contact with the CSC by phone and I hate being helpless in this situation.

It is also frustrating to see people who, from the same country and service center, have applied after me have received their NOA2 and I still have had no word.

ALMOST IN TEARS!!!

Thanks in advance

Ya,It's not the end of the world,wait ok please..relax,your immigrating to a new country takes time ok,your not the boss,the country is,just be thankful they let you join your loved one,some countries don't,really pisses me off when people complain and want they're own way when immigrating...can't wait to jump in the water and swim to Mexico...relax ok..

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

processing time has now been updated as of January 31, 2013.. check yours now maybe you're few weeks or days away. keep smiling :)

IR5 FOR DAD & STEPMOM

DAD

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/01/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/01/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/01/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

STEPMOM

12/11/12 Sent I130

12/17/12 NOA1 Received from USCIS

04/29/13 NOA2 Approved

05/03/13 Received NOA2 thru mail (stating that approved petition is being process at NVC and wait within 30 days and if more than we can call Customer Service Hotline)

06/04/13 Received NVC Case Number

06/04/13 Sent DS 3032 thru email

06/04/13 Paid AOS Fee

06/10/13 Resent DS 3032 thru email changing subject line from Case Number to "Supervisor Review"

06/11/13 DS 3032 accepted

06/11/13 AOS filing instructions received

06/12/13 IV (DS230) Fee Invoice received

USEFUL LINKS:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/433472-nvc-filers-june-2013/?p=6263675

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

were also almost 8 months, drives me crazy to see what CSC is (or really isn't ) doing. contacting them is very hit and miss if your looking for results. and if your looking for someone there who cares about you, you have better odds of winning the lotto.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

processing time has now been updated as of January 31, 2013.. check yours now maybe you're few weeks or days away. keep smiling :)

Um...CSC has been processing the same day for a few months, so I think she is likely more than a few weeks away. But, maybe they will begin processing them again.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Q&R - you can contact USCIS via email - they set up a new email account since 15 AUG 2012 - you can email to

ncsc-customerconnect@uscis.dhs.gov

include the receipt # and biodata on the two of you (full name, dob), indicating who is who (Petitioner vs Beneficiary)

and

inquire for casefile status. You might get a response same day, it might be three weeks. I got a reply back in 2 months, but others have gotten a reply back within a week.

Good Luck !

Thanks so much for this! I will email them right away.

And thanks for everyone's comments, I know it isn't 8 months but I guess it just feels like it. It seems to just all blend in. But its good to know there are so many people waiting for the same thing I am.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

I am sorry. I lost my job because I was always sad and not concentrated. Always thinking about visa stuff and my fiance. That is the worst thing that could happen to me. :(

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I sent an email to USCIS, as well as my congressman and both of my senators. Lets just hope one of those goes through and gets something done.

remember, when asking for congressional inquiry, must prepare a signed release form. usually, these forms are on each congressman's web portal.

if you haven't seem them yet, go find them and get them,

then

fill it out, print it, sign it, scan back to PDF, then email in as attachment, in addition to your request for congressional inquiry.

The congressman himself won't act, but inside of each congressman's office is an Immigration Liason Staffer, who will be yer point of contact and is reachable via telephone, fax, and email.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

congratulations on getting your NOA-2 on 2013-04-23.

Can write up a bit, any congressional stuff or service request or email contact?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

ALMOST IN TEARS!!!

Thanks in advance

Just a thought. I was in Lima recently and had to still call in for my morning meetings. Phoning on Skype was great and since I was calling in to a 1-800 number it was completely free. I don't know if that is an option for you in China, but I suggest it just in case. At least then you can call in to USCIS and that proactive stance might make you feel a little better.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.