Salamat_sa_Diyos

Filipina in Singapore

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi...! I'm an August 2012 filer and I just got a packet from the US Embassy here in Singapore. I've read the instructions but I'm confused. It says complete the DS 230 I immediately and return it to the US Embassy.

Then towards the end of the instructions it says: As soon as you have obtained all of the documents that applies in your case...mail the checklist...DS 230 and payment receipt.

That does mean,I have to complete all my requirements first (police report, medical, CENOMAR) before I pay the visa at Standard Chartered?

I would love to hear from any one who is/was working in Singapore and is processing/has processed his/her K1 visa.

Thanks a lot.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to K1 Process & Procedures.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Timeline

Just send the DS230 and receipt as soon as you think you are ready with the requirements. After you send them, it may take 30 days to schedule your interview. Can take more days or less. It depends on the embassy if they have a lot of appointments.

So if you think you can be ready with the requirements within 30 days or less, send the DS230 back to the embassy already. Good luck!

Hi...! I'm an August 2012 filer and I just got a packet from the US Embassy here in Singapore. I've read the instructions but I'm confused. It says complete the DS 230 I immediately and return it to the US Embassy.

Then towards the end of the instructions it says: As soon as you have obtained all of the documents that applies in your case...mail the checklist...DS 230 and payment receipt.

That does mean,I have to complete all my requirements first (police report, medical, CENOMAR) before I pay the visa at Standard Chartered?

I would love to hear from any one who is/was working in Singapore and is processing/has processed his/her K1 visa.

Thanks a lot.

You can pay for the visa at the SC bank anytime but the earlier the better coz you need to send it with the DS230.

Timeline

Just send the DS230 and receipt as soon as you think you are ready with the requirements. After you send them, it may take 30 days to schedule your interview. Can take more days or less. It depends on the embassy if they have a lot of appointments.

So if you think you can be ready with the requirements within 30 days or less, send the DS230 back to the embassy already. Good luck!

You can pay for the visa at the SC bank anytime but the earlier the better coz you need to send it with the DS230.

Thank you so much, KyleAndrea! I don't know how to manage the messages and I didn't see your reply. I hope you continue to be my guardian angel for a little bit longer! Have a great weekend!

• 2 months later...
Filed: Country: Singapore
Timeline

Thanks a lot.

Did you need to have the Singapore Police Clearance [CoC], the Philippines NBI report and the CENOMAR sent directly to the United States Embassy in Singapore IV unit or did you do something else? What did the instructions say?

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

Hi just wanna ask regarding the NBI certificate. I was confused what address should be reflected is it my current Singapore address or my Philippine address. And if " no record on file" is enough? Thank you

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Revived thread moved from K-1 Process forum to Philippines regional subforum for country-specific input. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi just wanna ask regarding the NBI certificate. I was confused what address should be reflected is it my current Singapore address or my Philippine address. And if " no record on file" is enough? Thank you

For NBI I would use your address in the Philippines.

You for sure want the NBI to say "no record on file"... that is a good thing.

Are you planning to fly from Singapore to the USA or will you be flying back to the Phils before? I only ask because if you are in the Phils you may have to get CFO completed to exit again (sort of depends on if the visa is in your passport or not at that time)

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hello I'm also FILIPINA working here in SG , and I'm having my interview today at 1:30 pm ..whole night I'm wide a wake I can't sleep . My problem is I don't receive my packet 4. I know that I have interview bcoz we have someone in states helping us to expedite our case ..to have my interview early . And then yesterday, we call the consulate here in SG and asking my schedule of timing for my interview. That's why I know that my interview is 1:30pm today! I'm worried of what the intrucstion of packet 4 . I just want to ask if the photos required of the embassy have a special place to take or you can go anywhere as long as its for USA VISA photos ?

JAN 15, 2014 AOS FORMS FILED , send to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

JAN 23, 2014 USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION notice on email / received I-797C NOA1

JAN 28, 2014 APPOINTMENT NOTICE for BIOMETRICS ,RECIEVED I-797C NOA2 (FEB.18, 2014)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

almost any place that makes passport photos knows how to make the right size for USA passports, so that's a plus.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hello I'm also FILIPINA working here in SG , and I'm having my interview today at 1:30 pm ..whole night I'm wide a wake I can't sleep . My problem is I don't receive my packet 4. I know that I have interview bcoz we have someone in states helping us to expedite our case ..to have my interview early . And then yesterday, we call the consulate here in SG and asking my schedule of timing for my interview. That's why I know that my interview is 1:30pm today! I'm worried of what the intrucstion of packet 4 . I just want to ask if the photos required of the embassy have a special place to take or you can go anywhere as long as its for USA VISA photos ?

Hi mine is 12juky. I got my interview appointment with the mail they sent me. U have to do your medical

Timeline

Are you planning to fly from Singapore to the USA or will you be flying back to the Phils before? I only ask because if you are in the Phils you may have to get CFO completed to exit again (sort of depends on if the visa is in your passport or not at that time)

Not sure where to fly out.I called the Philippine embassy here regarding the nbi they said my address should be the represent

Timeline

I called the phils embassy here they said it should be in your present address

Timeline

• photo-thumb-160441.jpg?_r=1370008677
  • bullet_black.pngbullet_black.pngbullet_black.png
  • email_open.png

Posted Today, 12:27 AM

sheinagwapa2012, on 28 Jun 2013 - 04:27 AM, said:snapback.png

Hi mine is 12juky. I got my interview appointment with the mail they sent me. U have to do your medical
  • rep_up.png

IM interview is done today! wow..but its not approve yet. coz there asking ORIGINAL AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT and also divorce decree of my fiance. And also they ask me another police clearance..since my coc is only indicated last year til this year , they need my previos record as well. so i need to apply COC again. Then i wil send it to them after that ill wait for there instruction to send my passport for visa may be. :( stress..

JAN 15, 2014 AOS FORMS FILED , send to CHICAGO LOCKBOX

JAN 23, 2014 USCIS ACCEPTANCE CONFIRMATION notice on email / received I-797C NOA1

JAN 28, 2014 APPOINTMENT NOTICE for BIOMETRICS ,RECIEVED I-797C NOA2 (FEB.18, 2014)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Not sure where to fly out.I called the Philippine embassy here regarding the nbi they said my address should be the represent

Interesting.

Well if you fly out of the Philippines make sure to attend CFO.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.