Matt & Freche

Whats up with Immigration doing their jobs??

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What seems to be the reason that the fiancee visas are being held up?? I have filed yet i believe its too early for us -yet my future sister in law has been waiting for almost 9 months for the approval? Whats is going on with immigration? What suggestions do we have for getting things speeded up with all? write senators & congressmen?? Who is a controlling agency for the total immigration we can contact? whats the best ways ?/

This =Isnt My 1st =RODEO!!

The amount of time for processing a petition is based on the service center's workload. Here is a link that might give you a good idea of how long it will take, https://egov.uscis.gov/cris/processTimesDisplayInit.do;jsessionid=abcEBIdrYkPVpc3YecS1t. Please keep in mind that some people have better luck than others when it comes to quicker and slower processing times. If your sister-in-laws petition processing time has fallen out of the processing window listed on the website I provide to you, then it might be beneficial to call the 800 and inquire about the status of the petition. Otherwise, just the rest of us... it is a waiting game.

Hope this helps.

CSC is really moving slow these days. I've seen people getting approved by Vermont and most of them are August-September filer.

We're September filer under CSC and we're still in the waiting stage. Hopefully they'll approve K1 as soon as possible.

Proverbs 3:5-6

Trust in the Lord with all your heart

and lean not on your own understanding;

in all your ways submit to Him,
and He will make your paths straight.

In GOD we trust. † = ♥

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

What seems to be the reason that the fiancee visas are being held up?? I have filed yet i believe its too early for us -yet my future sister in law has been waiting for almost 9 months for the approval? Whats is going on with immigration? What suggestions do we have for getting things speeded up with all? write senators & congressmen?? Who is a controlling agency for the total immigration we can contact? The US Department of Homeland Security (DHS). whats the best ways ?/ See the link below.

Welcome to the forum.

http://www.dhs.gov

DHS is a cabinet-level agency of the executive branch of the Federal government. The head of the executive branch is President Barack Obama, you can contact him at:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/old

Good luck. :thumbs:

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanx for that - i was aware = many years back - i brought a foreign wife here to usa -took 10 months -was before computers. Im seeing what i believe is a hold up =for us citizens that are trying to bring a wife or fiancee here thru legal functions. This "Dream Act" seems to have overloaded the system & that should take last priority!! Citizens legally filing for another should take 1st priority!! I actually -years back wrote my senator & congressman -with details on why is was taking so long to get a wife from another country? Within a month - all was approved!!!!!!!! There seems to me -there should be some type avenue?? to get someone / group of politicians on the band wagon to look into all this =time lines? I just do not know how or where i can go to get a process like this looked into?? any suggestions?

This =Isnt My 1st =RODEO!!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanx for that - i was aware = many years back - i brought a foreign wife here to usa -took 10 months -was before computers. Im seeing what i believe is a hold up =for us citizens that are trying to bring a wife or fiancee here thru legal functions. This "Dream Act" seems to have overloaded the system & that should take last priority!! Citizens legally filing for another should take 1st priority!! I actually -years back wrote my senator & congressman -with details on why is was taking so long to get a wife from another country? Within a month - all was approved!!!!!!!! There seems to me -there should be some type avenue?? to get someone / group of politicians on the band wagon to look into all this =time lines? I just do not know how or where i can go to get a process like this looked into?? any suggestions?

If you read the forums and/or do a search you will find countless suggestions to help you and theories as to why things are slow.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Use the forums for information, of which you'll find plenty, but not consolation. Most here are resigned to desperate optimism. If possible, go to where she is and enjoy your lives together while waiting for the interview. Beats waiting for a bunch of paper pushers to do their bloody job.

Use these forums for information, not consolation.

Edited by Ighaepero

Timeline

Use the forums for information, of which you'll find plenty, but not consolation. Most here are resigned to desperate optimism. If possible, go to where she is and enjoy your lives together while waiting for the interview. Beats waiting for a bunch of paper pushers to do their bloody job.

Use these forums for information, not consolation.

:thumbs:Look on the bright side you are ahead of all the applications behind you, except for the dream act applications.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

CSC is really moving slow these days. I've seen people getting approved by Vermont and most of them are August-September filer.

We're September filer under CSC and we're still in the waiting stage. Hopefully they'll approve K1 as soon as possible.

Last year CSC was faster than CSC - this year the opposite seems true.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

http://www.dhs.gov

DHS is a cabinet-level agency of the executive branch of the Federal government. The head of the executive branch is President Barack Obama, you can contact him at:

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/old

Good luck. :thumbs:

:thumbs: LOL

.. so all else failing, this helped.... (even if it wasn't meant to be funny).

Mar 2011 - After 5mths denied for lost docs - Attempts to follow up failed. Mar 18 2012 - I-129F sent - No sign of NOA1 but they have banked the check...Jul 24 - Update - USCIS has located our file
Infopass Apt - they sorted through everything - our 2011 and 2012 file keep getting mixed up - getting us a Case# (still waiting) Dec- Infopass Appt- expecting to get a case # in about a week ..Still no Case number

Mar 2013 Infopass - advised file was in a box somewhere,and it would be quicker for us to refile. Life gets in the way... New petition submitted July 2014 .
I-129F Sent : Jul 28 2014
TSC received: Aug 04 2014
I-129F NOA1 : Aug 06 2014
I-129F NOA2 : Feb 25 2015 (NOA2 copy rcd: Mar 02)

Sent to NVC: Mar 09 / Left NVC Apr 1 / Arr Embassy Apr 7 / Pkt 3 Rcd Apr 15 / Medical Apr 17 / Pkt 3 sent May 1 / Interview May 12

Left NZ May 15

Married Aug 10

Timeline

:thumbs: LOL

.. so all else failing, this helped.... (even if it wasn't meant to be funny).

It was certainly tongue in cheek (if nothing else) … :lol: . :devil:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.