Sahs

NSO Document Verification?

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day to you all,

My Question is in regards to some threads I've come across now that I'm focusing on the interview at the Manila Embassy.

I have read here and there that the USE in Manila will require documents to undergo a document verification at the NSO and that it's wise to have this done or paid for prior to going to the interview? Can someone with recent experience involving a case from the Philippines enlighten me on this?

Thank you,

Sahs

Good day to you all,

My Question is in regards to some threads I've come across now that I'm focusing on the interview at the Manila Embassy.

I have read here and there that the USE in Manila will require documents to undergo a document verification at the NSO and that it's wise to have this done or paid for prior to going to the interview? Can someone with recent experience involving a case from the Philippines enlighten me on this?

Thank you,

Sahs

The docs that require that are docs like birth cert, marriage docs, and have any letters or docs notarized from your other half that requires witnesses.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Moved from K-1 process to regional forums as the question is about region specific document requirements not a K-1 process question.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Good day to you all,

Thank you,

Sahs

the Embassy will decide if any documents you submit need to be verified. you may have been reading some old threads which mentioned a document verification fee. that is an old requirement which is no longer in existence.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

Only docs you'll need from NSO are birth certificate and CENOMAR. If previously married, then annotated Marriage Certificate and CEMAR (marriage index)

Here's the link to all required forms and documents you'll need for the interview

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Revised%20K1%20Instruction_rtf2_005.pdf

Good luck!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Good day to you all,

Thank you,

Sahs

USEM doesn't do that anymore.

USEM doesn't do that anymore.

as a blanket policy, but probably on as as needed basis. i recall we had an example of that recently.

US Embassy Manila website. bringing your spouse/fiancee to USA

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3204.html

You have been reading outdated threads. Currently, there is nothing that you yourself have to do in regards to document verification. You simply submit the required documents to the Embassy during your interview. If the Embassy is suspicious of one of your documents, they will order their own copy of that document directly from the NSO or the NBI.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

You have been reading outdated threads. Currently, there is nothing that you yourself have to do in regards to document verification. You simply submit the required documents to the Embassy during your interview. If the Embassy is suspicious of one of your documents, they will order their own copy of that document directly from the NSO or the NBI.

Exactly :thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you order your Birth Certificate and Cenomar from the NSO, it will 'come' 'authenticated' with the proper stamp etc. You wont' need to do anything further. Same with NBI. What you get IS the official document.

The ONLY thing we have to have certified was to get Thai Police clearance. The Thai embassy made us take our documents and fingerprints to the DHA I think it was called and get those 'authenticated'.

But the embassy never required anything authenticated except as means that the documents of NBI, Birth Certificate and Cenomar come from the proper agency!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.