LPRTierStud

Freaking out about Interview

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I filed on january 8th..got biometrics on 1/28, got in line for interview on 2/1 and received interview letter on 3/4 for next month.

Another question...man i'm really stressing everything. I'm not sure if I filled out AR-11 Change of Address within 10 days at least once or twice moving. I think one time I might have failed to do one or did it few months later. How big of a deal is that? Like I said the more I read the more anxious I get..I should just stop reading and just go into it with all i got and not worry about it...Don't want to get deported after 21 years because I missed AR-11 deadline..

That's more of an issue if they need to contact you and you didn't update it and they couldn't. They could then cause all sorts of trouble for you. Because they know where you live, because they never tried to contact you on those times you forgot to file AR-11 or filed late I doubt you'll hear anything about it (I say "doubt" but I mean I'm 99.9% sure it won't even be mentioned).

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guinea
Timeline

Don't worry.

I had my immigration interview last February (green card holder for 20+ years, finally applied for citizenship). I crammed for the test, and after the immigration officer asked me the 6 easiest question out of all choices, he just chit-chatted with me for a bit about where I came from. At my baffled inquiry "where are my other 4 questions?" (remember, you have to answer 6 out of 10 correctly), he laughed and told me that I passed already and will be sworn in the following week.

Oh yeah, and I had to write and read an english sentence (I think it was something simple like "My name is...")

I understand you're nervous, but I am sure you have nothing to worry about!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well I can understand your worry. I brought this up to an immigration attorney who is very well known. He told me you cant worry about every little thing you filled out. If you did not vote or register to vote, or lie to a border officer or something like that you should be OK. I asked about I-9 form as well he told me if something like that happen to an LPR who did nothing to defraud but just ticked wrong box specially with the old form that had boxes close together. He said there is no intent. What would be the benefit. Just his words not mine.

Is this really how they interpret the false claim to US citizenship law - focus on major things like voting, registering to vote, lying for entry to US, applying for a job that only citizens are eligible for, etc?

How much experience does this lawyer have?

People on VJ atleast seem pretty paranoid about this and DO worry about every little thing they filled out. I tend to be a bit of a worry-wart on these things too so it would be good to know how strict the interpretation is.

Filed: Timeline

Is this really how they interpret the false claim to US citizenship law - focus on major things like voting, registering to vote, lying for entry to US, applying for a job that only citizens are eligible for, etc?

How much experience does this lawyer have?

People on VJ atleast seem pretty paranoid about this and DO worry about every little thing they filled out. I tend to be a bit of a worry-wart on these things too so it would be good to know how strict the interpretation is.

Well I would never do it, just so you don't have to worry about it. But I know of people who have found bank account for example that the bank ticked off USC. Or what if you did do it on a i9 lets say by mistake. Yes I'm talking about the old ones the boxes are right next two each other.

Many don't understand you don't have to show your green card for employment as long as you have a SSC that has no restrictions. You just mark LPR on form and your A number. and some form of ID.

So do I know for sure they don't check every little thing NO! Just going by what the attorney told me.

To answer your last question he is very experienced.

I still would be very careful. The bottom line is don't do it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I've never heard of anyone who filed a late AR-11 getting more than a scolding. It is not considered grounds for deportation. :) I suspect it won't even come up in the interview :no: .

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.