AlphaMale

Is this a I-751 filing request?

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

post-115296-0-27959300-1361761951_thumb.jpg

Hi guys! Not to mention that our whole K-1 experience has been a nightmare, We are now once again facing another immigration barrier, at least we have now completed a great level of personal happiness.. Yohooo! :D We are finally married and living happily, but... We've received a notice for an interview at a local ASC... and were told that they needed extra photos of myself (USC) with wife's family...and extra joint documents, and we need to send them within 90 days, so we did it, but we had to sign this document (see document attached) and i ask the officer if we have to to do what the document said... "You must file form I-751, within a 90 days period" blah, blah, and she said - No, you guys just would have to send what we are requesting here... Extra photos and join documents

I am concerned that we don't have any attorney, and might have misunderstood what she said, please see the document attached and tell us what you think... has anybody gone thru this?

thanks

I-751 is a required step. But it is unclear in your post where you are in the process. Please elucidate what you have done in immigration so far.

It sounds to me like you recently had an interview for a GC (for AOS from K-1) and were given a RFE there, for more photos and proof, is that true?

Edited by Harpa Timsah

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You must file I-751 within 90 days from the expiration of your new GC...until then, just kick back and have fun. But don't forget about it...you must submit the I-751 within the 90 day window, or your GC will expire and will be in the country illegally.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

"But it is unclear in your post where you are in the process" Please elucidate what you have done in immigration so far.

We have been thru almost everything by now... you can also check my personal "timeline"... She has been appointed for biometrics on August last year, Employment Authorization issued already (K1 visa issued overseas) of course, arrival to US on April/2012 (almost a year now) Ufff! pretty much almost done, just waiting on I-485 to come to an end

Our first K1 process was revoked, but that's a long story, but yes, that's why i wouldn't trust them, because the whole department is outdated when it comes to rules and regulations, 1st interview overseas was revoked and I was present, the CO didn't wanted talk to me, so i went for nothing, 2nd interview I wasn't and they asked where was I? so, she called me and I have to rush there... isn't that crazy?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to AOS/Family-Based case progress subforum -- OP is past the K-1 process stage. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.