Mmelon

Worried about "proof of ongoing relationship"

22 posts in this topic

I did try sending my fiance lots of cards for different occasions, but none of them ever made it to him. The mail service in Egypt is not very good at all. I'm not sure if Costa Rica is much better.

I sent my hubby a Valentine's Day card and it STILL HASN'T made it to him in Morocco yet! :blink:

But eventually, it should get there cause I've sent him cards for the other holidays and he's received it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

A boarding pass is not all that good a 'proof' of your having gone there. Much better is the stamp in your passport and I am sure you must still have that! That combined with a few photos showing you together will do it. Good luck! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

What part of Costa Rica is he from? Even the most remote areas are connected now a days.I went through the SJO Embassy for our K-1 visa. I brought a stack of phone cards with me to the interview, a couple of emails, pictures from my trips to see him, cards, but in the most important part of our interview was the actual "interview" with the consular. Inbox me, I would be glad to give you some feedback.

1/31/18 I-130 NOA 1 received Nebraska Service Center

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you guys are using Gmail, then he can print it from his end like an email if you guys are using the same reply.

09/27/12- Sent I-129F via UPS10/01/12- 129-F packet arrived in Texas10/03/12- NOA 1 routed to VCS10/09/12 Received hard copy of NOA 104/09/13 Received Rfe04/17/13 Replied to rfe07/16/13 NOA208/15/13 Manila Embassy Interview<p>Met in Memphis, TN

AOS

10/17/13- Sent AOS,EAD,AP

10/21/13- Noa1 (EAD and AP)

10/23/13- Noa1 (Green card)

11/19/13- Biometrics Appointment

12/1413- EAD and AP approved (card in production)

Thanks everyone! I plan on bombarding him with tons of mail :P Lot's of lengthy letters sent by snail mail have to show lots of ongoing love and support, right? I will keep on compiling our few photos and my ATM receipts and San José airport receipts, passport stamps, and some gmail conversations and hope for the best!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

hello all!!

I was worried about that too...proof of ongoing relationship. It is not possible for me to make a trip from now until we get approved, so the only way we communicate is through phone calls, facebook messages, and text messages. We dont write to each other through mail because where he lives it would take days, i dont know maybe even weeks for him to receive a letter. I use a calling card sometimes and theres no way to prove those calls ive made, so the times i have called him directly i take a screen shot from my phone (iphone) and it shows the date, time and how long the call was. I put in my phonebook the number for the calling card that i always use, and take screen shots of those calls. I made sure to keep one of the cards just in case. I also take screen shots from a few messages between us two, just in case I need proof that there is still an ongoing relationship.

Edited by Claudia Y Ramon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a question about how much evidence you need to send in to avoid an RFE. We actually live together now and have done in the US and Australia, so we provided copies of leases with both of us on it, tax office letters with us both at the same address, bank statements with us both at same place and copies of the visas to the US and then Australia, plus about 6 photos of us together in both countries. Is that enough or do you really need to provide more? Like I really dont know how much more evidence you can have that you have met, but it sounds like you need an insane amount of evidence. We will also both be attending the interview come interview time.

AOS+EAD Sent 8-9-13

AOS+EAD Received 8-13-13

EAD NOA1 8-13-13

AOS NOA1 8-15-13

AOS+EAD Biometrics 9-17-2013, Walk-In 8-29-2013

EAD Approved 10-15-13

AOS Interview 12-18-13

E-REQUEST 2-3-14

INFOPASS Appointment 2-12-14

AOS Approved 2-24-2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.