masha2012

Fiance Letter of Intent

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

gary maybe you need do some reading and stay the heck off my back this from vj site for ukraine embassy ( TRANSLATIONS: Documents in English, Ukrainian or Russian do not need to be translated. )

Please stop answering Ron. the RFE is from USCIS, NOT the consulate. She is not even at the consulate phase, she is at the petition phase. ALL documents sent to USCIS for ANY reason MUST be English or with an English translation. Period. Why would you quote instructions from the Ukrainian embassy when the OP is answering an RFE from the Vermont Service Center of USCIS? THIS is why Sveta is having so much trouble and is so upset.

I WILL correct incorrect information where I can as that is the purpose of public forums.

When YOU have been corrected the proper response is "Sorry, I stand corrected". The proper response is NOT to try and defend the gobbletygook and further confuse the member asking advice.

ALL documents submitted to USCIS (where this RFE is going) MUST be in English. The sample letters are in English, why would anyone complicate matters?

Copy it, add the name in it, sign it, send it. DONE.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

gary maybe you need do some reading and stay the heck off my back this from vj site for ukraine embassy ( TRANSLATIONS: Documents in English, Ukrainian or Russian do not need to be translated. )

the RFE is from the USCIS NOT the embassy, therefore the letter must be in English!!! Gary did read, you did not

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would do it in English, but each embassy has its own quirks.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

can someone give me an example of Fiance Letter of Intent!! please that was my FRE

If it's a RFE then the USCIS sent it, your documents should be in English, even the "Fiance Letter of Intent".

If you are going to take "Fiance Letter of Intent" to your consulate interview, languages accepted are English and those of that country, I don't think these are necessary but maybe helpful.

Just look for "Example Forms" on this community and you'll find an example, you can copy exactly what it says (just change the names) and sign, you should be good.

:)

Edited by ArRo

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

ok if the letter in eglish does he have to sing it in english too???

:yes:

K1 PROCESS

183.gif I-129F Sent - 05/29/2012

183.gif NOA1 - 06/01/2012

183.gif NOA 2 - 12/06/2012 Approved!

No RFE's

183.gif Received by NVC - 12/10/2012

183.gif Received by Consulate - 01/04/2013

183.gif Received instructions - 01/09/2013

183.gif Scheduled interview / paid MRV fee - 02/14/2013

183.gif Interview Date - 03/14/2013 Approved!!

183.gifVisa in hand - 3/25/2013

183.gifPOE : Laredo, TX - July 2013

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

It just has to be her legal signature, the one she uses for everything, then print/type her name under the signature.

My husband's signature is not his name. He uses some characters in his signature. That is his signature and he signs everything that way unless instructed to specifically sign out his actual name. All the papers for immigration that needed signing by him were done the way he normally signs everything. We have had no problems.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I don't think it has to be long. Write a couple of sentences that briefly say how you met. I would include the specific date you initially became acquainted (in person or online), and the specific dates that you met in person.

The examples should show an outline of a letter. Some examples have an old address. Send it to the United States Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, 2501 South State Highway 121 Business, Suite 400, Lewisville, TX 75067.

The following statement is important. Put it in there:

I, Masha2012 (put your full legal name here), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (put the full legal name of your fiance here), and intent to do so within 90 days of my arrival in the U.S. using the K-1 visa.

Keep in mind the purpose of this letter. It is to declare your intent to marry as per the conditions of the K-1 visa. A long letter going into the details of your relationship only serves to distract from that purpose. Imagine some busy USCIS employee in some office building going through your application, tired in the middle of a long day at work, going through a checklist to see that all the necessary documents are included. Make it easy for that person to quickly determine "Yes, there is a Fiancee Letter of Intent included in this package". This USCIS worker is not going to want to read through a bunch of romantic fluff, for the 597'th time today, to get to it. Your relationship (specifically, the proof you met within the last 2 years) will be described elsewhere, with the photos, with your answer to question 18 on the I-129F, etc.

Don't forget to sign and date it. Send the original letter, signed with an ink pen, not a copy. Some people say a copy is fine, and some people say they get RFEs because they did that, so I wouldn't risk trusting that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Here is what I used as a format. Hope it helps.

I had parents and friends fill it out also even though they only met her on Skype.

K-1 Petitioner Fiancee\' AFFIDAVIT-2. doc.doc

K-1 Relative Friend AFFIDAVIT. doc.doc

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Oops, a small typo. Replace "intent" with "intend".

I, Masha2012 (put your full legal name here), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (put the full legal name of your fiance here), and intend to do so within 90 days of my arrival in the U.S. using the K-1 visa.

Timeline

Signatures have no "language" Masha, they are SIGNATURES. Alla's signature looks kind of like this...&- what language is THAT?????????? :lol:

He should apply his signature as he does to any other document.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

It just has to be her legal signature, the one she uses for everything, then print/type her name under the signature.

My husband's signature is not his name. He uses some characters in his signature. That is his signature and he signs everything that way unless instructed to specifically sign out his actual name. All the papers for immigration that needed signing by him were done the way he normally signs everything. We have had no problems.

Correct. Incidentally, Alla uses the exact same "scribble" for her signature after she changed her name

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.