Jude and Fiorella

NOA2... A little overwhelmed

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello, I posted a while ago looking for tips on the NOA2, but i didnt get any replies :/

Heres another try: The NOA2 doesnt tell me what to send to the embassy or the nvc (i dont know what that is, but everyone mentions it) ..it just says that theyre sending stuff to the consulate in Peru...do I just wait?? is there really nothing that i have to send them? i'm aware that i should send the affidavit of support to my fiancee..but do i have to send anything to the government? Also, it says that the NOA2 expires in june...what if they dont contact me? Ughhh please help

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello, I posted a while ago looking for tips on the NOA2, but i didnt get any replies :/

Heres another try: The NOA2 doesnt tell me what to send to the embassy or the nvc (i dont know what that is, but everyone mentions it) ..it just says that theyre sending stuff to the consulate in Peru...do I just wait?? is there really nothing that i have to send them? i'm aware that i should send the affidavit of support to my fiancee..but do i have to send anything to the government? Also, it says that the NOA2 expires in june...what if they dont contact me? Ughhh please help

Did you look at this http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1flow ?

Or this http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

We had our interview on the 23rd of January and we did not send anything to the Embassy, until AFTER the interview since we were missing the medical results. We brought our paperwork in hand on the day of the interview i.e proof of ongoing relationship(pictures, skype history, emails, hotel and other receipts), current letter of intent to marry one from each of us, copy of my paystubs for the previous 2.5 months, copies of my tax returns for the past 2+ years,i-134, DS156, DS156k forms... As the other poster replied look at the guide, flowchart and FAQs those helped me.

Take a few DEEP breaths and "enjoy" the final steps of this process, you are almost there.

Timeline

Okay. Thanks so much for your reply! So ill send the i-134 and all that jazz to my fiancee. She should have her birth certificate, police record, and court documents translated into english right? Is that necessary? Also, you BOTH attended the interview? Is that necessary? Or can she go alone? (Im in Peru at the moment, and another trip down might not be feasible) thanks so much!

Timeline

We had our interview on the 23rd of January and we did not send anything to the Embassy, until AFTER the interview since we were missing the medical results. We brought our paperwork in hand on the day of the interview i.e proof of ongoing relationship(pictures, skype history, emails, hotel and other receipts), current letter of intent to marry one from each of us, copy of my paystubs for the previous 2.5 months, copies of my tax returns for the past 2+ years,i-134, DS156, DS156k forms... As the other poster replied look at the guide, flowchart and FAQs those helped me.

Take a few DEEP breaths and "enjoy" the final steps of this process, you are almost there.

Also, where did you get copies of police records/court documents? And where in Lima can they be certified translated into English?? Did you send original paystubs? Or copies? And the same for the taxes? Ugh so many questionss..thanks again! Te debo un ceviche!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Okay. Thanks so much for your reply! So ill send the i-134 and all that jazz to my fiancee. She should have her birth certificate, police record, and court documents translated into english right? Is that necessary? Also, you BOTH attended the interview? Is that necessary? Or can she go alone? (Im in Peru at the moment, and another trip down might not be feasible) thanks so much!

If it's in Spanish, it doesn't need to be translated for the consulate in Lima. The fiancee can go to the interview alone, though you are also allowed to accompany her. Sometimes, if you have some red flags, it's advisable to accompany the fiancee. If you think it's a straightforward case, it may not be necessary for you to get there. In rare circumstances, they will make a request that the US citizen show up to a second interview before visa issuance.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Also, where did you get copies of police records/court documents? And where in Lima can they be certified translated into English?? Did you send original paystubs? Or copies? And the same for the taxes? Ugh so many questionss..thanks again! Te debo un ceviche!

You'll get an appointment letter with all the details on this. No need for translations from Spanish.

Police records can be obtained at the nearest police station where your fiancee lives. Penal records are found at the Poder Judicial on Avenida Abancay in Lima. Judicial records can be gotten at the Poder Judicial on Av. Abancay as well. If memory serves me right, the penal records are no longer needed. You'll want to confirm this, though.

For the I-134 documentation you can send copies of the supporting documents.

Edited by yachachiq12

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Try looking up the consulate information on this site, it is very helpful. Your fiancee will also need to make sure she has all her vaccinations done with records etc. Try looking around in the Peru forums also for tips, every consulate is different!

For myself, a week after we got the NOA2, I contacted NVC to get a case number. A few days after that I contacted the consulate by e-mail with my case number to ask for my "packet 3". They replied they hadn't received my case files yet, but the next day they did and e-mailed me my packet 3 that contained instructions on all the documents I need to get together. Once I e-mailed them back with my packet 3, they e-mailed me packet 4. Every consulate is different though, that's why I recommend to research Peru's.

July 09, 2012 - Sent in application for I-129f petition for K1 Visa
Dec. 31, 2012 - NOA2
Feb. 23, 2013 - Visa received
March 31, 2013 - POE
April 12, 2013 - Wedding! (41213 prime!)

May 02, 2013 - Sent off AOS, EAD, AP package

May 04, 2013 - Package arrived at Chicago lockbox

May 22, 2013 - Early walk in Biometrics, Alexandria VA

June 03, 2013 - RFE for AOS

June 17, 2013 - RFE response received

July 05, 2013 - EAD and AP approved

July 10, 2013 - EAD card production

Timeline

You'll get an appointment letter with all the details on this. No need for translations from Spanish.

Police records can be obtained at the nearest police station where your fiancee lives. Penal records are found at the Poder Judicial on Avenida Abancay in Lima. Judicial records can be gotten at the Poder Judicial on Av. Abancay as well. If memory serves me right, the penal records are no longer needed. You'll want to confirm this, though.

For the I-134 documentation you can send copies of the supporting documents.

As others have noted we did not translate any of the documents. I am waiting to verify with my fiancee which document was not needed and the locations we went to. One location was in el centro at the Abancay location and the other just outside of Miraflores I remember we took a taxi to el parque kennedy area than walked like 10-15 minutes towards Surquillo. I will know soon and will post, unless someone else does before.

Timeline

Try looking up the consulate information on this site, it is very helpful. Your fiancee will also need to make sure she has all her vaccinations done with records etc. Try looking around in the Peru forums also for tips, every consulate is different!

For myself, a week after we got the NOA2, I contacted NVC to get a case number. A few days after that I contacted the consulate by e-mail with my case number to ask for my "packet 3". They replied they hadn't received my case files yet, but the next day they did and e-mailed me my packet 3 that contained instructions on all the documents I need to get together. Once I e-mailed them back with my packet 3, they e-mailed me packet 4. Every consulate is different though, that's why I recommend to research Peru's.

Let's not confuse/frustrate the OP more than needed.. I agree the forums, guides, faqs, embassy reviews and searching for previous threads is great info that is what we did. Our NOA2 was on 11/19/2012, the case files left the NVC on 12/3/12, approx two weeks after that I called in to the local embassy(PERU) and confirmed. changed the interview date although we had not received the packet 3. She received the packet 3 in Peru a week later at the most. That packet had all of the requirements and addresses where one goes to retrieve the various documents, bear in mind one has to pay for the national and other records at a local bank and proof of it before going to request the forms also some can be done online and once at the local office the wait process to retrieve them is shorter. I will know the specifics once I chat with my fiancee.

The medical/immunizations are NOT REQUIRED for the interview date, but the approval process is obviously faster. We and others have sent in those documents to the Peru USA embassy after the interview via DHL prepaid by the USA Embassy.

Timeline

Let's not confuse/frustrate the OP more than needed.. I agree the forums, guides, faqs, embassy reviews and searching for previous threads is great info that is what we did. Our NOA2 was on 11/19/2012, the case files left the NVC on 12/3/12, approx two weeks after that I called in to the local embassy(PERU) and confirmed. changed the interview date although we had not received the packet 3. She received the packet 3 in Peru a week later at the most. That packet had all of the requirements and addresses where one goes to retrieve the various documents, bear in mind one has to pay for the national and other records at a local bank and proof of it before going to request the forms also some can be done online and once at the local office the wait process to retrieve them is shorter. I will know the specifics once I chat with my fiancee.

The medical/immunizations are NOT REQUIRED for the interview date, but the approval process is obviously faster. We and others have sent in those documents to the Peru USA embassy after the interview via DHL prepaid by the USA Embassy.

Wow..this is alot to take in...im very grateful for the information..but this changes what id been thinking

I assumed i would get the I-134 in order...and just wait for the embassy to send information/instructions to my fiancee..and go from there....i had no idea i had to actively contact them to keep things going... Okay so in two weeks ill start calling "them" and asking for a case number?

And the vaccinations i thought wouldnt be an issue until AOS? Is this not the case? Will we need them for the interview?

And the embassy(?) will tell us which doctors to go to right?

Timeline

Wow..this is alot to take in...im very grateful for the information..but this changes what id been thinking

I assumed i would get the I-134 in order...and just wait for the embassy to send information/instructions to my fiancee..and go from there....i had no idea i had to actively contact them to keep things going... Okay so in two weeks ill start calling "them" and asking for a case number?

And the vaccinations i thought wouldnt be an issue until AOS? Is this not the case? Will we need them for the interview?

And the embassy(?) will tell us which doctors to go to right?

Most people call and check since we are antsy, impatient and to certain extent the government system is not very efficient at times. In our case I called cause we had the interview date and I was going to be in Peru the week before. I wanted to change it so I could be present, which is not a requirement either. Had I not called in we had the interview letter date were ready and she could have gone by herself. As for the vaccination requirement some say it is not required until the AOS, but I do not know. We had them done as a "why wait for later" stance. I suppose if they are required or not similar to the medical results if they ARE REQUIRED the consular officer will tell you and give you instructions to send them in via DHL, but again maybe others can reply to that.

Yes, the packet 3 has the pre-interview requirements, the authorized/approved doctors(which are only two) and other information.

Edited by RS_0812

Most people call and check since we are antsy, impatient and to certain extent the government system is not very efficient at times. In our case I called cause we had the interview date and I was going to be in Peru the week before. I wanted to change it so I could be present, which is not a requirement either. Had I not called in we had the interview letter date were ready and she could have gone by herself. As for the vaccination requirement some say it is not required until the AOS, but I do not know. We had them done as a "why wait for later" stance. I suppose if they are required or not similar to the medical results if they ARE REQUIRED the consular officer will tell you and give you instructions to send them in via DHL, but again maybe others can reply to that.

Yes, the packet 3 has the pre-interview requirements, the authorized/approved doctors(which are only two) and other information.

You want to do the vaccines (that ones needed that is, they follow CDC's rules), they will be more expensive in the US. Normally, you would go tthe medical exam with records of vaccinations and they would then apply/re-apply the ones that are needed depending on age of the person. In some cases, CDC recommends multiple applications. You can get the CDC rules at their site (CDC-Center for Disease COntrol).

Also, I would translate the birth certificate into English, you never know when you would need it. BTW, you can translate it yourself, not need to have a 'certified' translation.

Timeline

You want to do the vaccines (that ones needed that is, they follow CDC's rules), they will be more expensive in the US. Normally, you would go tthe medical exam with records of vaccinations and they would then apply/re-apply the ones that are needed depending on age of the person. In some cases, CDC recommends multiple applications. You can get the CDC rules at their site (CDC-Center for Disease COntrol).

Also, I would translate the birth certificate into English, you never know when you would need it. BTW, you can translate it yourself, not need to have a 'certified' translation.

G&T...there is no need to translate any of the Official, Original Peruvian documents we did not, our interview was on Jan 23rd, 2013, and others I have read up through this site have not as well. Please let's not make it harder than it has to be.

Timeline

Ok this is what I have after checking with my enamorada..again our interview was on Jan 23rd,2013 so this is all recent info.

I contacted the NVC approx 1 week after I had received the NOA2 and was given the Lima case#LMAxxxxxx. The NVC packet to the Peru Embassy was sent and logged by the Embassy in Peru approximately 10 days after it left the NVC. Exact dates I do not recall. The reason I was contacting the NVC than Embassy was because I wanted to check/change the interview date if it did not happen while I was in Lima. Luckily, I was able to change it.

The packet 3 she received had the interview date, the approved doctors for the medical check, the list of required documents and other instructions to be completed before the interview. Those instructions lead one to believe that one MUST do the medical check and have the report before the interview, but that is not REQUIRED for the interview. My fiancee ended up going to the medical check AFTER the interview and sent in the results via DHL as instructed by the consular officer.

The acta de nacimiento must be certified somehow and it is done at the same location that you go to request it. Sandra(my fiancee)told them she needed it for a visa/USA embassy and they certified/notorized it for her. You must pay for the antecedentes penales, antecedantes judiciales a nivel nacional and the policial at the Banco de La Nacion and have the receipt when you go to request those forms. Of those forms the policial was not taken by the consular officer the day of our interview, although it is listed in the instructions as required. Also for the antecedentes judiciales you can go to a website and request them, than just go to the location and retrieve them - it makes the wait time for the letter much shorter. We had been waiting for at least 90 minutes the day we went and noticed there was a website line, found out the website address requested the form thru my smartphone, got a ticket for the people that already had requested the form thru the web and not even 20 minutes later had the letter and left..

These documents do not need translation. I think that is all..ooh yes the day of the interview get there very early. We arrived around at least 1 hour before our scheduled interview time and the line was rather long, it took us almost 30 minutes just to get in the building. Some say that regardless the time you have the interview they take people in the order they arrive so plan on going there at least 90 minutes before the embassy opens, I think that is at 8am.

I hope that helps and good luck with everything!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.