Jude and Fiorella

NOA2... A little overwhelmed

17 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Ok this is what I have after checking with my enamorada..again our interview was on Jan 23rd,2013 so this is all recent info.

I contacted the NVC approx 1 week after I had received the NOA2 and was given the Lima case#LMAxxxxxx. The NVC packet to the Peru Embassy was sent and logged by the Embassy in Peru approximately 10 days after it left the NVC. Exact dates I do not recall. The reason I was contacting the NVC than Embassy was because I wanted to check/change the interview date if it did not happen while I was in Lima. Luckily, I was able to change it.

The packet 3 she received had the interview date, the approved doctors for the medical check, the list of required documents and other instructions to be completed before the interview. Those instructions lead one to believe that one MUST do the medical check and have the report before the interview, but that is not REQUIRED for the interview. My fiancee ended up going to the medical check AFTER the interview and sent in the results via DHL as instructed by the consular officer.

The acta de nacimiento must be certified somehow and it is done at the same location that you go to request it. Sandra(my fiancee)told them she needed it for a visa/USA embassy and they certified/notorized it for her. You must pay for the antecedentes penales, antecedantes judiciales a nivel nacional and the policial at the Banco de La Nacion and have the receipt when you go to request those forms. Of those forms the policial was not taken by the consular officer the day of our interview, although it is listed in the instructions as required. Also for the antecedentes judiciales you can go to a website and request them, than just go to the location and retrieve them - it makes the wait time for the letter much shorter. We had been waiting for at least 90 minutes the day we went and noticed there was a website line, found out the website address requested the form thru my smartphone, got a ticket for the people that already had requested the form thru the web and not even 20 minutes later had the letter and left..

These documents do not need translation. I think that is all..ooh yes the day of the interview get there very early. We arrived around at least 1 hour before our scheduled interview time and the line was rather long, it took us almost 30 minutes just to get in the building. Some say that regardless the time you have the interview they take people in the order they arrive so plan on going there at least 90 minutes before the embassy opens, I think that is at 8am.

I hope that helps and good luck with everything!!

RS, you have been an immense help. Thank you very much, i just have one question. So we go to banco de la nacion and request all of those documents/pay for them there, but go somewhere else with the receipt to pick them up? Also, for the antecedentes judiciales, did you pay via your smart phone? Or how did that work? Did you show them your receipt on the screen of your phone? (id rather do ot this way if the wait is alot shorter) Im sorry, i just want a clear idea of what im doing. Everything else seems good. Thanks so much for your comprehensive walkthrough!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

RS, you have been an immense help. Thank you very much, i just have one question. So we go to banco de la nacion and request all of those documents/pay for them there, but go somewhere else with the receipt to pick them up? Also, for the antecedentes judiciales, did you pay via your smart phone? Or how did that work? Did you show them your receipt on the screen of your phone? (id rather do ot this way if the wait is alot shorter) Im sorry, i just want a clear idea of what im doing. Everything else seems good. Thanks so much for your comprehensive walkthrough!

thanks and de nada! Yes we paid for the fees at the Banco, were given the receipts then we went to each location as noted in the packet 3 instructions to request the forms. There they will ask for proof of payment and you must show them the receipts. For the antecedentes judiciales we already had the receipt and used that to request the form online, there is a section to enter the receipt # online as one requests the form. Online it says to wait one day, but that is not true we were already at the location waiting when we noticed the online option and as I mentioned completed it..saved us a LOT of time!

FYI: The location in el centro only allows people that have a Peruvian id(dni) and need something done to enter, be prepared to sit outside for at least 1hr, hopefully less. The location for the antecedentes judiciales..with the online request form, is a blue building with several tall satellite/other antennas.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.