Misha♥Jeff

Extending NOA2 ( I-797) Approval Expiration Date

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ Family,

I posted a question in a previous topic regarding how to extend the expiration date of our I-129F since Michelle is going through the 6-month course of TB meds. Since the treatment lasts longer than the 4-month expiration of the approved petition, I was worried that we would need to begin the K1 process again after her TB treatment.

Good news from the embassy in Manila about an extension...I sent them an email and here is their response:

"We understand that the applicant is undergoing the recommended Directly Observed Therapy (DOT) for tuberculosis (TB) at St. Luke’s Extension Clinic. We are unable to initiate processing the case until our panel physicians have cleared the applicant for travel to the United States.

As soon as the medical results are available and the applicant is cleared of any infectious pulmonary illness, St. Luke's will advise her regarding the interview scheduling.

We want to assure you that, while an approved I-129F petition is originally valid for four months from the date of approval, it may be revalidated by a consular officer for an additional four months during the applicant’s visa interview. This revalidation is routine as long as the petitioner and beneficiary remain legally free to marry and plan to do so within 90 days after the beneficiary enters the United States."

Just wanted to share this info in case some of you are going through the same process.

M&J

That's nice. At least you don't have to worry about the expiration.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Timeline

Hi Jeff.

I think we will also need to request an extension once we reach the NOA2 status.

I thought that a date for the K1 interview had to be scheduled before the beneficiary could go forward with the medical test, but it seems Michelle took her medical before a date for her K1 interview had been determined. Is this accurate?

Also, I think it is great that you were able to contact the US Consulate in Manila through e mail. Can you give me an e mail address for a contact at the US Embassy who handles the 129-F through K1 processes?

Thanks.

Timeline

Hi Jeff.

I think we will also need to request an extension once we reach the NOA2 status.

I thought that a date for the K1 interview had to be scheduled before the beneficiary could go forward with the medical test, but it seems Michelle took her medical before a date for her K1 interview had been determined. Is this accurate?

Also, I think it is great that you were able to contact the US Consulate in Manila through e mail. Can you give me an e mail address for a contact at the US Embassy who handles the 129-F through K1 processes?

Thanks.

We scheduled the embassy interview online as soon as Michelle paid the visa application fee at BPI and got the reciept #. You will need that # to schedule the embassy appt. Then she preregistered for St. Lukes online, and went at her earliest convenience to get the physical (first come first served). There is definitely an "order of events" for what comes after NOA2. You should refer to the following topics for more details. This is what we used after getting the NOA2:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/383588-fianlly-got-mnl-case-number/

and

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/384991-slmc-required-docs-for-medical-appt/

The email address I used to contact the Embassy in Manila is:

IVManilaReplies@state.gov

Hope this helps.

M&J

The U.S. Embassy Manila can extend the validity of your I-129F petition for up to one year. Just email them at the address that M&J posted.

St. Lukes prefers that you have the Embassy interview scheduled, but it's not required. They will allow you to complete your medical if you submit either a printout of your petition's approval NOA or a printout of your NVC letter.

Timeline

St. Lukes prefers that you have the Embassy interview scheduled, but it's not required. They will allow you to complete your medical if you submit either a printout of your petition's approval NOA or a printout of your NVC letter.

We scheduled the interview with the embassy before Michelle went in for the physical exam. At St. Lukes, initially they didn't ask her about her embassy interview.

However, when her x-ray came up as "suspicious" on the second day, they asked her if her interview was already scheduled and told her she needs to cancel it until the culture results from a sputum test were back (eight weeks out).

Edited by Misha & Jeff

Timeline

Sorry to hear about your delay at St. Lukes.

Thanks. Yeah it sucks, but we are more than 2 months into it. Michelle tests negative now, but will still be on "maintenance" meds until June. Luckily she lives in Metro Manila and didn't need to move from the province for the 6-month treatment. However it is a one-hour commute to St Lukes EVERY day.

• 5 months later...
Timeline

Hello all, my fiance just gave the sputum specimen at St. Lukes and was told to wait 2 months (putting it at Oct.) but the NOA expires Oct. 31. They told her she is negative for TB. I am sooooo praying everything works out and she comes to the US. I hate living here without her. I will email like Jeff stated to try and extend, as many people have stated, it is easy and they understand. Im going to email IVManilaReplies@state.gov now.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Jeff and Michelle. We did not email the embassy yet :( Per, St. Luke's they will report our cases for extension. Did they also said the same thing to Michelle? Thanks for your response. Have a great day!

12/20/2012 - I-129F Sent
12/24/2012 - NOA1 Receipt Date
12/28/2012 - Alien Registration Number Changed
05/13/2013 - NOA2
06/25/2013 - Medical at SLEC; TB Positive
07/18/2013 - Start DOT Treatment at SLEC
01/17/2014 - End of DOT
02/27/2014 - Remedical Done
03/07/2014 - Vaccine Given
03/18/2014 - USEM Interview | Visa Approved!
03/25/2014 - Visa on hand
03/28/2014 - CFO
04/17/2014 - POE Chicago, IL
07/14/2014 - Wedding in Chicago, IL
09/08/2014 - AOS, EAD and AP Package sent to USCIS
10/06/2914 - Biometrics at USCIS Grand Rapids

11/15/2014 - Received my EAD

02/03/2015 - GC Interview in USCIS Detroit, MI --> APPROVED

02/07/2014 - Green Card on Hand

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum -- country-specific discussion. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.