kiwicat83

So many Philipinos

117 posts in this topic

I suspect the large number of Filipina marriage-based immigrants is due to the common language and the country's long history with the U.S.

No comment on the 'sorry American women you suck I need a servant but no offense' type comments. I don't think that's representative of most Filipina-American relationships.

AOS

-

Filed: 8/1/07

NOA1:9/7/07

Biometrics: 9/28/07

EAD/AP: 10/17/07

EAD card ordered again (who knows, maybe we got the two-fer deal): 10/23/-7

Transferred to CSC: 10/26/07

Approved: 11/21/07

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There seems to be a lot more Philopino immigrants (women) than those from other Asian countries....

Are they more attractive to American mem or what??

Very curious :whistle:

My Thai wife is worried about me finding a Filipino girl and running off with her. She says they have magic powers :)

I went to the Philippines and Thailand back while I was in the Navy but returned to Thailand after I got out to visit a friend that retired there. The rest is history.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There seems to be a lot more Philopino immigrants (women) than those from other Asian countries....

My Thai wife is worried about me finding a Filipino girl and running off with her. She says they have magic powers :)

I went to the Philippines and Thailand back while I was in the Navy but returned to Thailand after I got out to visit a friend that retired there. The rest is history.

What the heck is that magic power you are talking about? :lol::lol::lol:

OUR JOURNEY

K-1/K-2

04-04-2006 - NOA1

09-04-2006 - NOA2

09-16-2006 - NVC received

09-26-2006 - Received in MANILA EMBASSY

01-18-2007 - INTERVIEW - -APPROVED

02-02-2007 Zeraline and Zeahne Arrived in Hawaii

AOS

09-18-2008 - Sent AOS Application

09-25-2008 - NOA Received

What the heck is that magic power you are talking about? :lol::lol::lol:

See!!! Stop that!! ;)

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Timeline

No offense to American women but filipinas are much better. They are more honest caring loving than most American women and more intelligent.They sure know how to make lumpia.

[/quot

Speaking for myself; I find the filipino women to be warm, sincere, ,loving, DEVOTED and HOT.

I have never met a woman like my fiancee....the difference between her and women that I have

dated/married is night and day. NO, she is not subservient, she is NOT poor, she lives at a higher

standard of living than most middle class Americans, professionally she is a medical executive,

beautiful home with american standard amenities PLUS a tight car to boot. My point is; she is not dying to get here....she is just one GREAT filipina.

Filed: Timeline
Large supply of single woman, low standard of living, most speak English and government documents are in English, so it's pretty much a perfect storm for finding someone willing to come here. Plus one of the countries with the most visa fraud.

Plus older men can definetly land a wife from there. Usually no questions asked.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Large supply of single woman, low standard of living, most speak English and government documents are in English, so it's pretty much a perfect storm for finding someone willing to come here. Plus one of the countries with the most visa fraud.

Plus older men can definetly land a wife from there. Usually no questions asked.

Older men can 'definetly' land a wife there and usually no qs asked? Are you speaking from personal experience?

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I'm also at FBI

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

To move the topic a little to the side. This is a comment on non-western women in general. I think that it is just plain hard to find American women who 'fit'. I wish I had a better word then that. I am 31 and middle class. Good job, good education, likes to cook, etc. The women I have dated who are American just haven't clicked for whatever reason. Often they don't want to get married, don't want a family, prefer career above anything else. That last one isn't a bad thing, but the side to that is then they don't want their husband to stay home to raise children. There is an expectaion for an 'equal' in the boardroom as well as the bedroom.

The best words I can find is that I was not fortunate enough to find an American who could find balance between life goals, me, and family. I DID find that in Ukraine. :-)

Joel

Edited by Joel Halfwassen

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Joel, I'm not criticizing your POV, but what do you mean about there being an expectation of equality that makes it so they don't want a husband to stay at home? I just didn't quite get that.

Timeline
:yes::thumbs:

Jinky's parents recently visited her two sisters who are working abroad in Ireland as RN's - they've been there now about 6 years. Her sister Jennith's fiance who is Irish said one morning as he was ironing his shirt, the father looked at him like he was wearing women's underwear. :P The father then called out to his wife to come and iron the shirt. Jinky and I just laugh about it. I think all cultures go through their own timeline of progress - Jinky's generation is much less into such rigid roles. What I find a bit ironic is that the Philippines have now had 2 women Presidents and they're democracy is much younger than ours (USA).

Yeah...When were at my wife's parent's house. Her father did the same thing when I was ironing! :-)

Joel

I'll have to ask the hubby when he gets back from his camping trip but I'm certainly not the "traditional" mold of a Filipina wife, I guess as I was raised in Oz.

I don't really cook and one time I did do laundry...I flooded the basement floor lol.

And I'll only vacuum when Sears make a ride-on one ;) jk

Well...hmmm....does your hubby do the vacuuming?

If so then it would appear that you already have the ride-on vacuum. :devil:

:whistle:

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

Timeline
Joel, I'm not criticizing your POV, but what do you mean about there being an expectation of equality that makes it so they don't want a husband to stay at home? I just didn't quite get that.

Yeah...that came out poorly becuase I am finding it hard to put my experiance into words...let me give you an example of one women I dated. She was an exceutive at a local bank. She wouldn't mind having kids, but was instantant that her husband would not be the one to take care of them nor would she be willing to drop her career track. She wanted her husband to be on the same type of high level career track that she was on. As for the kids...well that is what nannies are for. And I didn't find her opinion that uncommon, assuming the woman wanted to have kids at all.

Does that make a little more sense? Maybe what I should take out of this is that I should have stopped dating the bankers and lawyers! :lol:

Anyways...*I* want a family. I also want both of us to have a career, but not at the expense of the family. I am willing (and would enjoy) being the one to slow down my career for focus on the kids, but I would like one of use to at least.

Finding someone with that balance was hard for me.

Joel

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Well, I don't know that Joel said that.

And we probably are fatter, but probably not so self-absorbed as all that.

The guys who are happier with subservient chicks have got problems though. If you date a woman who doesn't speak English natively or even well, you are automatically the one in power. If you date a woman half your age, same thing. That's what they like. Barf.

I find those people a little gross, TBTH.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

I'll have to ask the hubby when he gets back from his camping trip but I'm certainly not the "traditional" mold of a Filipina wife, I guess as I was raised in Oz.

I don't really cook and one time I did do laundry...I flooded the basement floor lol.

And I'll only vacuum when Sears make a ride-on one ;) jk

Well...hmmm....does your hubby do the vacuuming?

If so then it would appear that you already have the ride-on vacuum. :devil:

:whistle:

Tis was a joke :) Hubby & I split the housework fairly even. I like doing dishes, so I do that. When he does the laundry, I fold it. I do the vacuuming, he does the yard work.

He's my ride-on in other ways *ahem*

I just detest the generalization that the Philippines' biggest export is their women, like we have some kind of wife farm where Western men can have a browse & women are easy for the picking. The potrayal of Filipinas as nothing more than a glorified housemaid...just doesn't sit right me.

I-130

09/06/06: Sent I-130 to VSC via MP - sig confirm, 09/08/06 Mail arrived @ VSC

09/11/06: NOA1

09/18/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

09/19/06: Touched

09/20/06: Touched

I-129F

09/23/06: Sent I-129F (new form) to Chi P.O Box via MP - certified mail w/ return receipt

09/25/06: Mail arrived @ Chi

09/27/06: NOA1

09/28/06: Touched (no status change) - check $

09/29/06: Received NOA1 in the mail

10/03/06: Touched

10/04/06: Touched

10/26/06: Touched - case transferred Chi to VSC

10/27/06: Touched

11/04/06: Touched - VSC received case on 11/3

11/07/06: Touched

11/08/06: Touched

11/09/06: Touched - case now pending 11/18