hawkeyez

Happy Valentines Day

66 posts in this topic

I live in the Bible Belt. Lot of pentecostal wing nuts, Baptist etc call for not celebrating all kind of things especially Halloween.

I was tempted to mention that on an earlier post. Extremism isn't limited to Muslims.

Funny thing about Pentecostals, they'll say no Halloween and then go pray while dancing with poisonous snakes :wacko:

K1 from the Philippines
Arrival : 2011-09-08
Married : 2011-10-15
AOS
Date Card Received : 2012-07-13
EAD
Date Card Received : 2012-02-04

Sent ROC : 4-1-2014
Noa1 : 4-2-2014
Bio Complete : 4-18-2014
Approved : 6-24-2014

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Maybe I'm reading the wrong link, it said they arrested prostitutes and people in hotels, do you think they were just holding hands?

And don't forget the cemeteries. That was my ####### moment reading that article.

And a little google search finds this

http://www.ranker.com/list/top-7-people-caught-having-sex-in-cemeteries/michael-gibson :rofl:

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Maybe I cared. You're the one showing pictures of Muslims celebrating Valentines Day. In one case there appears to be calls to banning celebrating Valentines Day. A celebration of love that has been separated from its pagan roots by close to 2000 years. On the other side is your post of Valentines pictures with what is assumed to be Muslims. Which will win out? In 10 years from now will would it still be possible to see scenes like those pictures in Islamic countries?

You misunderstood my point. Let me make it clearer.

Who cares if some Muslims do or don't celebrate Valentine's Day ? It's a day named in honor of a Christian saint, and it's not a religious, cultural or traditional holiday for many of them.

There are Jews who don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Hindus who don't celebrate Thanksgiving, etc. etc. Are we in for threads about that, too ?

Some people seem to have the idea that 1.6 billion Muslims all over the world are some kind of monolithic mass of lemings who all pay heed to some obscure imam out of Saudi Arabia or Pakistan.

Meanwhile, there are some Christian and Jewish groups who eschew Valentine's Day, as well as some Hindus, and many others. Who cares ?

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

On the other side is your post of Valentines pictures with what is assumed to be Muslims.

Hehe.

The black & white keffiyehs and the unmistakeably Palestinian dresses, the Arabic writing on the signs, the women in hijab, etc. might have been a tiny clue that you were looking at real live Muslim Palestinian peeps in their natural habitat... but to be specific: the photos were all taken in Palestine, both in Ramallah 2011 and Gaza 2013.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Hehe.

The black & white keffiyehs and the unmistakeably Palestinian dresses, the Arabic writing on the signs, the women in hijab, etc. might have been a tiny clue that you were looking at real live Muslim Palestinian peeps in their natural habitat... but to be specific: the photos were all taken in Palestine, both in Ramallah 2011 and Gaza 2013.

I'm not all that familiar with the clothing styles in Palestine. The Arabic writing was a big hint though :whistle:

I didn't notice any black and white keffiyehs. In truth truth, I had to look up the word to know what you meant

Edited by Caryh

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

I was responding to you saying we celebrate the death of christ, and I am a muslim

I was talking about JW not Muslim..

I was talking about JW not Muslim..

Just saw what JW means, I stand corrected.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Timeline

I'm not all that familiar with the clothing styles in Palestine. The Arabic writing was a big hint though :whistle:

I didn't notice any black and white keffiyehs. In truth truth, I had to look up the word to know what you meant

OK no problem... I am here to broaden your horizons :)

Here I've marked the black and white keffiyeh, as well as the traditional embroidered dresses which are distinctive to Palestine:

2yoso0n.jpg

33mx74k.jpg

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

OK no problem... I am here to broaden your horizons :)

Here I've marked the black and white keffiyeh, as well as the traditional embroidered dresses which are distinctive to Palestine:

2yoso0n.jpg

33mx74k.jpg

Cool, I learned something new today. I'll be watching for it in the future IRL.

K1 from the Philippines
AOS
EAD

N-400 sent 2-13-2016
Bio Complete 3-14-2016
Interview
Oath Taking

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

http://english.alarabiya.net/articles/2013/02/15/266334.html

And if the Pope said this ?

celebrating Valentine ’s Day or selling items related to the event are “committing a sin and will burn in hell”.

In an online video posted Wednesday, Ahmad Mahmoud Abdullah, known as “Abu Islam” and owner of the private television channel of “al-Ummah,”referred to February 14 as ‘adultery day’.

“February 14th,we celebrate “adultery” day. The Christian church will surely celebrate this day but I urge all Muslims and those who fear God, not to use anything tinted in red. Even al-Ahli team will not wear its red jersey” he said referring to the Egyptian national football team.

Abu Islam added that women going out to celebrate this day are considered ‘adultery and prostitution’.

“We [Muslims] do not have fornicators, we do not commit sins. Valentine’s Day represents for the Christians, a celebration for adultery and prostitution, and those who go out on this day are prostitutes. Each prostitute would choose a guy with whom she will spend her day and night” he said.

Abu Islam then further decided to ban all Muslim females in the Arab world from enjoying this day and indulging in what the celebrations has to offer.

“That was only the beginning, because they celebrate each and every saint’s day. They spend their life in celebration and “promiscuity”. What does love mean for them? Adultery, prostitution and obscenity” the preacher added.

The preacher has previously been accused of the defamation of religion. The Public Prosecution has received several notifications accusing him of defaming Christianity through statements he had made to the “Tahrir” newspaper.

He and his son also previously tore and burnt a bible in front of the U.S. Embassy in Egypt during last year’s protest against a U.S.-made film mocking Islam’s founder.