shinzo

CSC seems take longer to process

136 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

People calling this "Just another Rant" are misguided. The figures are concrete. And this is not saying that the Dream act or even DACA is a bad idea. I fully believe that people brought here as children with no say in the matter, who are upstanding members of society deserve a chance to make their status legal. It is how it was forced on USCIS to process them at a truly breakneck pace, at the expense of other visa types, particularly those filed by American Citizens. K-1 visas are about reunification with our significant others. If the AOS part of it were slowed, that would be less detrimental. I have also seen criticizm that these DACA applications are going through so fast there are serious doubts that they are actually verifying the information contained in them unless it brings up an obvious red flag. Politics should not be driving this. USCIS is a fee-based service. There are American citizens who paid back in July last year who are now waiting behind non-citizens who just paid last month. And they keep getting shuttled to the front of the line. That is not right.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I really don't know if DACA is the reason or not. My only bone in this is I am an August CSC K1 filer. But the evidence is compelling.

I would like to see the deniers present evidence to the contrary, to back up their opinions.

I'll wait right here.

Timeline

Here are some numbers for you on this subject.

National Journal Article

USCIS Chart

Now, from what I have read, they are paying $400 + in fees for this process. Good, but they still should fall in line with the rest of the other petitions by date submitted. And to me, it appears that they are working on late September or early October petitions for these cases.

Problem isn't the Dream Act per se. Problem is that it appears to have been an unfunded mandate, with added political pressure to provide performance measures. As a former government employee, I have seen this a lot.

So what you are saying is that the Dream Act is an unfunded mandate. And so, it IS the Dream Act's fault because, it should have been funded by the foreigners/illegals who are applying for the benefits, not the taxpayers.

I am the USC.

--------------

Permanent Resident since December 23, 2013

Filed N-400, February 8, 2017

You've heard incorrectly. People are always looking for something to blame the slowness on. They have been for years even before any Dream Act. Sometimes California is faster, sometimes Vermont is faster. At the end of the day, they're still slow.

The last thing we need is another misguided, misinformed rant about the Dream Act.

This proves it is the Dream Act's fault. It was a good idea, but it should have been funded by the foreigners applying for the benfits instead of by the taxpayers. These are illegals and haven't paid a dime in income tax their whole life. I would have paid $1,000 to have my fiancee here 24 months ago, $10,000 to have her here with my baby in September, even if I had to borrow it and pay it off in 30 years... Immigration has a cost and the money should be coming from the foreign applicants, or the US Citizens inviting the applicant. Unfortunately, USCIS, NVC, and the Embassy would only accept the $340 filing fee up front of the I-129F and then treated us worse than everyone else with a 400 day wait time at no fault of our own.

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

So what you are saying is that the Dream Act is an unfunded mandate. And so, it IS the Dream Act's fault because, it should have been funded by the foreigners/illegals who are applying for the benefits, not the taxpayers.

They are collecting fees to process the applications. The question is whether those fees are actually being used to fund the program. The talk is that USCIS is getting flooded with additional apps but no additional staff. What, then, are the fees for?? So, it appears to be unfunded by anyone.

400 dollars should buy a good day of an FTE. They got, what, 250,000 apps. 100 million dollars in fees. But no staff?? Hmmmmm

Oh. FWIW, everything is pure conjecture on my part.

People calling this "Just another Rant" are misguided. The figures are concrete. And this is not saying that the Dream act or even DACA is a bad idea. I fully believe that people brought here as children with no say in the matter, who are upstanding members of society deserve a chance to make their status legal. It is how it was forced on USCIS to process them at a truly breakneck pace, at the expense of other visa types, particularly those filed by American Citizens. K-1 visas are about reunification with our significant others. If the AOS part of it were slowed, that would be less detrimental. I have also seen criticizm that these DACA applications are going through so fast there are serious doubts that they are actually verifying the information contained in them unless it brings up an obvious red flag. Politics should not be driving this. USCIS is a fee-based service. There are American citizens who paid back in July last year who are now waiting behind non-citizens who just paid last month. And they keep getting shuttled to the front of the line. That is not right.

You hit it on the nose! We should all be first in line to these illegals. I'm not saying it is a bad idea to allow illegals to file. We've been in line and Obama's Dream Act allowed them to cut us all. Point is, I don't care if they are illegals or the President's long lost sister, if we paid the same price, they need to move to the back of the line.

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

They are collecting fees to process the applications. The question is whether those fees are actually being used to fund the program. The talk is that USCIS is getting flooded with additional apps but no additional staff. What, then, are the fees for?? So, it appears to be unfunded by anyone.

400 dollars should buy a good day of an FTE. They got, what, 250,000 apps. 100 million dollars in fees. But no staff?? Hmmmmm

Well, these are all good guesses. Our citizens will probably never know because the media doesn't concern themselves with helping out the middle class.

Edited by Waiting234

I am the USC.

--------------

Timeline

You hit it on the nose! We should all be first in line to these illegals. I'm not saying it is a bad idea to allow illegals to file. We've been in line and Obama's Dream Act allowed them to cut us all. Point is, I don't care if they are illegals or the President's long lost sister, if we paid the same price, they need to move to the back of the line.

I don't think DACA is a bad idea. I do think they are not handling it well.

http://www.cis.org/north/new-uscis-data-show-how-daca-delays-decisions-other-programs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

More like over 400,000 apps. Well, I think it is a fair bet that a good amount of that will and likely has by now been used to hire more staff and capability. But the volume was pushed in way before there would have been time to do so. Just having the money doesn't make fully trained workers materialize. So even if they are eventually ramped up to a level to process these along with everything else, they will be playing a lot of catch up. Additionally, from their perspective, they have to make a decision on the future. These DACA apps are absolutely flooding them, but in a "few" months they will dry up, and so will the influx of fundage. If they hired too many new people, how then do they keep them on staff? More likely they will only hire additional resourses to the degree that it is absolutely necessary, and accept a level of slow down.

I am also curious if this is affecting Vermont at all. I've only been paying attention to CSC. From what I have read the DACA goes to your own state's center, and there are very very few applications in Vermont, while nearly a third in the nation are in California. I could be wrong on that one though, I forget where I read about them processing in each state.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

It is like this all the time, csc slows down and Vermont seems to be the faster one and everyone wishes their paperwork was with Vermont. Then a few months later its the other way around. That is uscis for you.

I was in the same situation last year, I was an august 2011 filer and it took 200 days to get a noa2 from csc. Then after I got it csc seemed to pick up speed and Vermont was slacking. Welcome to the frustration of immigration..

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

NVC case numbers March 22nd
My sons AOS and IV bill paid March 23rd (status in progress)
My sons AOS and IV bill shows as paid March 26
My IV bill paid March 26
Both packages sent on March 26
My IV bill shows as paid on March 27th
CC on both cases March 30

Current record holder of fastest through the NVC :D

Medical exam in Stockholm April 13th
Interview on May 16th !!!

POE Anchorage July 12th!! 2012

July 2015 n-400 in the mail

September 2015, interview

October 23rd 2015, Oath ceremony!!!!!​​

Timeline

It is like this all the time, csc slows down and Vermont seems to be the faster one and everyone wishes their paperwork was with Vermont. Then a few months later its the other way around. That is uscis for you.

I was in the same situation last year, I was an august 2011 filer and it took 200 days to get a noa2 from csc. Then after I got it csc seemed to pick up speed and Vermont was slacking. Welcome to the frustration of immigration..

But if you look at the data, it is not same situation. CSC is processing 1/10 the K1's now than they were at the same time last year, during the "slow down". Your "slowdown" was processing 90% more I-129F's.

So tell me again how tough you had it.

Timeline

But if you look at the data, it is not same situation. CSC is processing 1/10 the K1's now than they were at the same time last year, during the "slow down". Your "slowdown" was processing 90% more I-129F's.

Well it still took me 200 days to get the noa2 and you are not there yet, you might be faster, plus another 75 days for my interview....so yeah I do know how much it sucks to wait. I'm not saying your wait is easier than anyone else's or that mine was harder...just saying that this is uscis for you

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Alaska2012 wasn't I-129F, but I-130. So comparing the two doesn't work at all.

As far as the DACA affect on Vermont, they had a great October for I-129F, but have been slowing down too since then. Although still making good progress the past few months. For I-130 they have been miserably slow.

Edited by Andreea&Kevin

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Timeline

Alaska2012 wasn't I-129F, but I-130. So comparing the two doesn't work at all.

As far as the DACA affect on Vermont, they had a great October for I-129F, but have been slowing down too since then. Although still making good progress the past few months. For I-130 they have been miserably slow.

Well the wait sucks no matter what approval you are waiting for!

Noa 1 August 15th 2011
Noa 2 March 2nd

My IV bill paid March 26

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.