Bunnyqr

The worst phone call ever

65 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Very sad. My advice is to take the weekend to collect your thoughts and feelings. Perhaps a little time will make future decisions that much more clear.

Don't make any quick decisions that you won't be able to reverse down the road.

Best wishes.....for you both. (F)

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to read what you wrote, but my unsolicited advice follows along the lines of, take a deep breath, get a drink, cry and scream alone and when you are finished doing that, think first before you act. It's all on your timeline now - you are the most important factor here. Whatever you decide is best for you should be the path you take, regardless of how it may seem to anyone else. Very few crimes cannot be forgiven - but only you can decide which those are.

Stay strong.

Mo

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

I feel really sad right now. I know this doesn't help at all, but my heart goes out to you...I know that you love him and he has been your world. I think taking a little time to think everything through would be a good idea. Don't act hastily. (F) I'm really sorry for the pain that you're feeling right now. My heart is sad for you...alicia

Alicia (United States) + Juan Francisco (Nicaragua) = AMOR

Timeline:

06-??-05: Met on mission trip in El Salvador...

07-28-05: Said goodbye...sniff, sniff

05-19-06: He was denied the tourist visa by the Embassy in Managua...

06-15-06: I couldn't wait any longer...flew to see him in Managua...

07-??-06: We got engaged.

07-13-06: I flew back to the U.S.

10-03-06: I-129F sent certified express mail

10-06-06: Notice Left, October 06, 2006, 11:29 am, MESQUITE, TX 75185 (um..maybe tomorrow?!)

10-10-06: Your item was delivered at 6:40 am on October 10, 2006 in MESQUITE, TX 75185 to INS . The item was signed for by M S.

10-16-06: NOA1 date...no email...but this is the date on the official copy that they sent to me (it's so pretty!).

10-19-06: Check posted (online banking).

10-20-06: Received NOA1 snail mail.

01-04-07: NOA2 (93 days)

01-11-07: Received NOA2 snail mail.

01-20-07: Letter from NVC: Case will be on its way to Managua within 1 week. (Date on letter: Jan 16).

01-26-07: Fran receives packet three and INTERVIEW DATE.

03-13-07: Interview date. Visa granted! Gracias a Dios.

03-18-07: We fly back to the U.S.

03-22-07: We get married!

06-??-07: We file I-485.

Hold up b/c notice of biometrics appointment doesn't arrive to our never changed address!

I don't really remember the dates b/c I am filling this in half a year later!

12-24-07: We find out we are expecting a little one!

01-??-08: Fran receives his green card.

So sorry to read this. He should have been honest from the start. We waited almost 3 years to get my husbands final decree....shelved the visa petition and cancelled 2 weddings, but we were lucky that we were already together, but it was very frustrating and changed our plans quite significally.

Take time before making any drastic decisions tho..... (F)

I am so sorry to hear about this. You have my sympathies. I guess I should remind you that both parties have to be able to marry at the time the petition is filed. If you two decide to continue you will have to start over when he gets his final decree. Whatever you decide you need to keep that in mind. I am very sorry to hear about your troubles. Good luck to you.

So very sorry to hear of this, I hope that whichever way you decide to go, that it is the best one for you (F) believe me when I say time is a great healer and one day you will be OK :thumbs::thumbs: You have been given so much good advice, sit back and think, take time and be with friends until you are sure of which way you are going to go.

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Take time to think and make a rational decision before you do anything rash that you may regret later. I am so sorry to hear that he was not totally upfront in the beginning and wanted to let you know I will be remembering you in my thoughts and prayers. (F)

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Sorry to hear your news.

I agree. Take some time to think everything through when you have calmed down a little.

If the worst happens, it does get easier, I have first hand experience. Be strong.

Randomly matched up by a computer as penpals at eleven years old in French Language class (1988)

Letters/Emails/Phonecalls continue for the next 16 years.

Kerri Visits England for a month 25/05/04

We get engaged following a wonderful weekend trip to Brussels as a birthday treat for Kerri.

K1 Petition Received by Nebraska 17/07/04

[10/01/05 Interview in London. Success - K1 Visa Aproved!

28/01/05 Kerri & I get married!!

20/04/05 Mail out AOS & EAD forms 1 day before due!!

07/07/05 EAD Received but returned for incorrect DOB!!

31/08/05 Hurricane Katrina Rolls into New Orleans, we pack up and evacuate to Cordova TNcolor]

25/11/05 Corrected EAD finally received after being mailed to New Orleans the day after Katrina

20/12/05 AOS Approved without interview after transfer to California.

28/04/06 I head back to England for 3 to 4 months whilst my wife completes a training shcool.

07/05/05 Things are looking up!! I get a well paid job. Ive started my driving lessons1

29/05/06 My Wife tells me she is not ready to be married and wants a divorce.

18/06/05 My wife officially starts divorce proceedings.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Everyone here who has been following the divorce decree ordeal is as sad to read this as I am, I'm sure. I hope however you resolve this has a happy outcome in the end. (F)

Filed: Timeline
Last night my fiance called me to tell me two things.

First how much he loved me.

Second, that he lied to me when he said he sent his final divorce decree in the mail 2 weeks ago.

All this time, all the opportunities he could have told me face to face and he chose not to.

TRUST!?!?!?!!

The foundation of a relationship crumbled!

If he had told me in the beginning, I never would have started the Visa process. I don't know what I would have done, probably stuck with him and waited it out till it was finalized.

To all of you, good luck and may your true loves be with you soon.

B

First I'm sorry to hear of your pain, but there's a couple of things that need to be said.

If he lied to you about this, who knows what other lies he's told or is capable of.

As you said... TRUST... the foundation of the relationship...

my ex-spouse looked me squarely in the eyes and lied to me about several things, where I knew the truth differently... how could I even begin to trust her in anything else after that??

Now for the good news... as painful as this is for you to find out NOW... imagine if he had come here, you had gotten married, and then... and then what??

Leopards do not change their spots. If he lied once, he'll lie to you again, when it serves his purpose to do so...

Her lies to me made me question the entire motivation of the relationship... and of course at this point, it's between her and the USCIS if her marriage to me was "fraudulent" or not...

But as I said... if they lie once, they'll lie again...

As painful as things are right now for you... you are MUCH better off knowing the TRUTH, regardless of what it is... as well as learning the truth that he has lied to you.. better to learn this NOW than after you take your wedding vows...

-- Dan, wishing you only good things moving forward...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Dear Bunny,

Please stay strong, and don't lose your faith in love. You will love again. (F)

It is true that he should have told you the truth from the begining and things would have been handled differently; but he chose to hide it by maybe trusting that the time will allow him to have the papers. Maybe he really wanted to leave you out of all the bitterness of his divorce problems? But the result came in the form of a lie and that hurts even more...

Please Relax, go out with friends or for a walk, or shopping? ;) And think about the positive side of what happened from this process (like not being married to an already married person) and all the people that you have around that loves you.

Life is beautiful and the truth always comes out, sooner or later. I know this is a painful stage but please stay strong on this healing process. And like other VJers said, think about it and don't do something you might later regret because the heat of the moment and the pain.

Hang in there!

Edi

Our AOS Journey

July 18, 07: AOS/EAD sent to Chicago

Aug 03, 07: Received Biometrics appt. letter

Aug 23, 07: Biometrics

Aug 30, 07: Transfer to CSC letter dated 8/27

Sept 19, 07: EAD Approval email

Sept 29, 07: EAD card Received

Oct 09, 07: AOS Approved

Oct 13, 07: Green Card in hand

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I truly feel sorry for both of you.He should of MANED up by now. I can say this with great experience since I just went thru the same with a woman I had thought I was married to for 18 years. I shieled my sweet Salve from as much as I could but I knew if she was not told the truth this k8ind of thing could have happen to me. I waited almost 14 months before everthing was final and really did not trust till i recieved documents from court.

This is not the end of the world for you. It may be very hard to earn trust back but if you two love each other truly GIVE IT A CHANCE. Give each other a little time apart and then discuss it out and if you cannot work it out it then will be for the best.

I Pray for both of you MAY GOD BLESS

Met online 7-23-05

Met in Manila 2-2-2006> I could not wait any longer I asked her to marry me.

NOA1 June,12 2006

touched Sept.22,2006

Email Sept. 30,2006(RFI)

Recieved RFI Oct. 6, 2006

Mailed Express Oct. 10,2006

Email Notification of RFI recieved Oct. 18,2006

touched Oct. 19,2006

NOA2 10/18/2006 no email noticfication!

Recieved 2nd NOA 2 dated 11/2/2006

Sent I-134 and supporting documents to Salve 11-2-06

Recieved letter from NVC 11-9-06 got case number

Called NVC told them sent to wrong country 11-13-06 8:31am

Called US Embassy in Taiwan 6-13-06 5:01 pm Pacfic Time

Salve Going to Tiapei, Taiwan US Embassy to request transfer from Manila to Taipei 11-15-06

Salve's 2nd trip to Embassy in Tiapei. Our case has been requested to be transferred to Taiwan 11-16-06

11/23/06 I contacted 2 California and 1 Tennessee Senators concerning case in Manila

12/6/06 Case is sent from Manila to Taiwan.

12/27/06 Salved recieved call from Taiwan Embassy case is in office and packet in mail.

Interview 1-19-07

Medical 1-11-07

APPROVED January 24, 2007

Leave for USA Febuary 1, 2007

Married March 3, 2007 in the Smokey Mountains

INTERVIEW 6/12/07 AND APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mailed completed I-751 package 3.12.07

Recieved Notice of Action for Biometrics to be done 4.17.09 in Charlotte, NC.

9.4.09-- 10 year green card approved

Waiting now for citizenship