DeniseD

AFTER 238 DAYS OF WAITING...I RECIEVE AN RFE!! (Thanks Vermont!!)

24 posts in this topic

So here it is.....

I do not know whether to be happy or sad. I am so confused?? I sent a huge packet with so many information of our relationship :(

On February 8, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
06/18/2012- 129-F Application Received at Texas Lockbox
06/21/2012- Email and Text of NOA1
06/25/2012- Hardcopy I-797 received (Vermont it is)
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received
03/25/2013- NOA 2 (Finally)
04/08/2013- CASE # Assigned and sent to Consulate
05/16/2013- Interview- Approved!!!!!

Broke off relationship sometime late 2013

Placed on AP for 10 months and then withdrew the petition 02/2014….

Living my life day by day….no stress smile.png

It isn't Vermont's fault. A huge packet is great, but all it takes is a missing signature or box not being ticked to get an RFE. Don't panic. Wait until you know what it's for, fix it, then send it back asap.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So here it is.....

I do not know whether to be happy or sad. I am so confused?? I sent a huge packet with so many information of our relationship :(

On February 8, 2013, we mailed a notice requesting evidence/information for this case to you or your representative. Please follow the instructions on the notice to submit the material requested. This case will be held in suspense until we either receive the evidence/information or the opportunity to submit it expires. A new processing period will begin when we receive your response. You or your representative will be notified by that office of a decision or if any further information or action is needed from you. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address.

i got the same thing on february 8th... so you are not alone!! we just have to wait and see what they want... but the good thing they looked at our case so after we will send them what they need we will be approve in couple weeks... hang on there!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Really????

Yes, an RFE indicates you case has been assigned to an adjudicator and they have reviewed you case. Answer the RFE and if all goes well, you will be approved in a couple weeks, well at least the NOA2 approval

Edited by moosescape

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Well not to get ur hopes too high..but ..a lot of people who wait as long as you actually end up getting approved right after the RFE...like uscis is getting together the last problems with your case, then if you send it in correctly they give you the approval:D

September 5th, 2010: Met
July 26th 2012: Engaged
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I-129F Sent: December 14th, 2012
December 18th 2012: I-129f received at dallas po box
DECEMBER 20th: NOA1 (only found out once hardcopy came in the mail)
December 21st, 2012: Check cashed
Dec 27, 2012: Fiances alien registration number was changed. Proven.
December 29th 2012: Received Noa1 Hard-copy(no txt or email was sent)
Jan. 10th 2013: Happy birthday to my Sweety, first birthday apart in years!
January 15 2013: "mailing adress was changed" (touched?)
May-20-2013 NOA2!!! Exactly 5 months!
May-23-2013 Noa2 hard copy recieved!
June-05-2013 Called NVC, casre recieved, forwared to Ankara

June-10-2013-Ankara revieved packet! *signed by MEHMET* THANKS MEHMET!

June-10-2013-Recieve NVC letter
June-13-2013 Email(Packet) recieved from embassy!!
00-00-2013 Sent packet back to embassy
00-00-13 Interview date set (00-00-13 INTERVIEW,)
00-00-2013 Medical
00-00-2013 Interview(...........!)
00-00-2013 Visa Approved
00-00-2013 US Entry

NEXT STEPS IN US....
00-00-13 Wedding
00-00-13 SSN
00-00-13 AOS packet sent out
event.png event.png <p>

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

So it only means that Vermont, include the recent Holidays, has a 237 day backlog of cases.....all in front of yours....it only takes on average 15 minutes to adjucate a case.

Edited by baron555

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Thank you everyone for your response. I am actually happy that I have more of a possibility of getting approved. Hopefully it's something simple :) I will keep everyone Posted!

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your response. I am actually happy that I have more of a possibility of getting approved. Hopefully it's something simple :) I will keep everyone Posted!

When you look over that copy of the entire petition package that you made prior to mailing it out....can you find the RFE?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

When you look over that copy of the entire petition package that you made prior to mailing it out....can you find the RFE?

HmmmI actually haven't checked. Thank you so much! I will do that right now :)

USCIS
06/15/2012- Sent 129-F
02/08/2013- RFE sad.png
02/25/2013- RFE Received

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs: :thumbs: you'll be approved soon.. :dance:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That stinks, sorry to hear that. At least you will know soon exactly what they need and you can provide it to them and get your NOA2 soon. It would be nice if they would let you know exactly what they need immediately instead of having to wait for a hard copy to find out. These service centers could make the process a lot better if they update some of their procedures.

I Looooooove my baby Lyn.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

So here it is.....

The problem is that they do not NEED information about your relationship and you did not send what they NEED. NO information regarding relationship is needed for the petition and sending a truckload of it will not make up for NOT sending ONE item they do need. You DO need to send proof that you have met in person within two years of filing, nothing else regarding a relationship is needed or serves any purpose for the petition.

As mentioned here a thousand times, your petition sits in a BOX until they take it out and adjudicate it. You then get an approval if you did it right or an RFE if you did not.

Read carefully, interpret literally and send what they NEED. Ultimately whether you succed or not is up to you, it is not the fault of VSC or anyone else. Follow the instructions and everything goes smoothly and as quick as possible.

You will get a RFE which explains what you need to send, follow it and your petition will be approved.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

So here it is.....

I don't worry to much about, take a look at your pkg the (I-129F) see if you can find maybe a little error or something that you may have left out... if not hang in there you may rec'd your RFE by the ending of this wk to next wk. Good Luck with everything.

~* GodsGift225*~

Atleast you know its coming, dont worry, just wait and see whats missing and send it and u will be approved :)

Our Journey

06/12/12 - K-1 Sent

06/19/12 - NOA1

12/15/12 - NOA 2

02/11/2013 - Interview - APPROVED!!!!!!!

"Complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind." - Philippians 2:2

tumblr-love-quotes_large.jpg

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.