28 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

we are in our 7month now and my fiancee called them had a service request and just yesterday she called again and they told her to wait 72hours they gonna call her dont know which news they gonna give us just hoping for the best. it is crazy the wait and everything i pray csc makes us happy soon

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So my fiance called today again and they are still on 18th July. They said to him that even if he called the senator, that would slow down our process. They said he can only file for a service request when our date is past due. Like when they start working on 6th August and after.

This whole slowing down is so depressing. I cannot concentrate at work.. I cry the whole time.. I mean, right now I would be married and enjoying my love. Most of my vj friends got approved within 2-4 months.

Sigh......

The 18 July is the date as of the update for Feb. However, I have noticed a couple of Aug NOA1s approved from CSC here recently. So keep the faith and maybe tomorrow will be your day. I hope so, that way they are getting closer to Oct for me and my sweetheart.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

So my fiance called today again and they are still on 18th July. They said to him that even if he called the senator, that would slow down our process. They said he can only file for a service request when our date is past due. Like when they start working on 6th August and after.

This whole slowing down is so depressing. I cannot concentrate at work.. I cry the whole time.. I mean, right now I would be married and enjoying my love. Most of my vj friends got approved within 2-4 months.

Sigh......

I do the same :crying::crying::crying:

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Sigh......

This was my wife a month ago. She was distraught that it was taking so long to process our I-130 with an NOA1 of August 2, 2012. The truth is that things are just moving slowly now but they are moving. I would also point out that dates they give can be misleading--I'm not sure how they even calculate it because the truth is that there is a spread of dates several weeks wide being approved in any given week. (Once I was even given a clearly wrong date that was for another service center.)

Someone gave me a link to the this stats page which might make you feel a little more hopeful. It looks like right now they are completing processing on I-129Fs filed from late July to mid-August. You can check it every few days and see the new approvals roll in and get an idea how it is progressing.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

Based on that, you could get approved today or a few weeks from now, but probably not much longer than that.

By the way, I didn't have much trouble getting Tier 1 agents to transfer me to Tier 2. Just firmly state "I want to talk to a Tier 2 agent." They may try to ask if there is anything they can to do help, at which time you should be clear to them that you want the details of the case that they don't have access to, so they can't help.

The specific thing you want to ask the Tier 2 agent is whether or not your case has been "touched". Yes, your case has just been sitting in a stack of papers for months. It isn't until it is "touched" that anyone is working on it. The good thing is that once it is "touched" it usually doesn't take long, maybe a week or two, for processing to complete. (At least for I-130, I doubt I-129 takes longer but you can ask the Tier 2.)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Wow great!!! Thank you for your answer! :) Makes me feel better

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I got the letter today the status is the service request! So pretty much it said that they have longer processing time now. And it's said If ur form if129 f remains pending 120 days or more from the date of this response you may call Uscis! So that's mean after waitting 6 months and now u have to wait 4 more months!!! That's crazy.....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
:bonk: :bonk: this is so silly.

Our K-1 journey * I am the beneficiary *

08/03/2012 sent I-129F

06/27/2013 Interview at Frankfurt Consulate = Approved.

08/09/2013 Wedding!

AOS

09/03/2013 Sent AOS + EAD + AP

12/30/2013 PR card in hand.

ROC

09/29/2015 Sent I-751

10/30/15 Biometrics

05/19/16 Approved

N-400

10/04/2016 Send Package

10/15/2016 NOA

11/04/2016 Biometrics

02/01/2017 Interview

02/23/2017 Oath!

Timeline

Someone gave me a link to the this stats page which might make you feel a little more hopeful. It looks like right now they are completing processing on I-129Fs filed from late July to mid-August. You can check it every few days and see the new approvals roll in and get an idea how it is progressing.

http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/monthly_filers.php?form=1&visa=1&scenter=1&option=3&sortby=2

Based on that, you could get approved today or a few weeks from now, but probably not much longer than that.

The thing is, these are only a few Noa2s in the last week or so, only about 10% of the noa1s filed in the same time frame (late July-August). I know, I've been watching them closely. They are just barely trickling in. To say they look to be completing processing of the 129F's in this time frame is a stretch.

And believe me, I wish they would be processing them now as an August filer myself, but the number of reported Noa2's is not indicating this as of this moment. Perhaps they will soon be completing the applications, and we'll see a flood of NOA2's comming out, but I am not holding my breath.

Edited by Bayareaguy

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Here's a little DACA info, only through Nov 12. But you can see how it was already impacting. http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/Static_files/2012-1116%20DACA%20Monthly%20Report.pdf

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Here's a little DACA info, only through Nov 12. But you can see how it was already impacting. http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS/Resources/Reports%20and%20Studies/Immigration%20Forms%20Data/Static_files/2012-1116%20DACA%20Monthly%20Report.pdf

Here it is through Jan. 17th. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410227-real-numbers-of-deferred-action/

They put out an update around the 15th every month, so I'd expect the next one by the 19th.

NOA1 - 8/24/2012

NOA2 - 3/18/2013 Only took 207 days at CSC

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Here it is through Jan. 17th. http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/410227-real-numbers-of-deferred-action/

They put out an update around the 15th every month, so I'd expect the next one by the 19th.

Thanks for the info! Not that I'm happy to see it.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The thing is, these are only a few Noa2s in the last week or so, only about 10% of the noa1s filed in the same time frame (late July-August). I know, I've been watching them closely. They are just barely trickling in. To say they look to be completing processing of the 129F's in this time frame is a stretch.

And believe me, I wish they would be processing them now as an August filer myself, but the number of reported Noa2's is not indicating this as of this moment. Perhaps they will soon be completing the applications, and we'll see a flood of NOA2's comming out, but I am not holding my breath.

Hmmm, I looked at the data and you're right that something strange is happening with the I-129Fs. The I-130s seem to be getting processed at roughly the rate they are being submitted, but there are about twice as many I-129Fs yet fewer of them are being completed. It is not that they have completely stopped, though. Perhaps some offices have been diverted to other work, but a few are still working the I-129Fs. I thought that both I-130s and I-129Fs were in the preferred category when submitted by US Citizens--it seems strange that only one type would experience the slowdown.

I think the original poster should definitely call and talk to a Tier 2 agent and ask if they have any information as to what is going on with the I-129Fs. Anyone out there already ask this question to the Tier 2 agents?

Timeline

I think the original poster should definitely call and talk to a Tier 2 agent and ask if they have any information as to what is going on with the I-129Fs. Anyone out there already ask this question to the Tier 2 agents?

The reason appears to be the I-129F filers are feeling the DACA "shaft".

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/414397-csc-seems-take-longer-to-process/page__view__getnewpost__fromsearch__1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.