Kat&M

police clearance certificate

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi guys

I had lived in China for about 3years.and I returned to my country. Now how do I get a police certificate ? I am very worried and would welcome any advice or input u guys have.thanks in advance

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I've heard that it is notoriously difficult for non-chinese citizens to obtain a police record.

Do you have any friends or family staying in the district you resided in while you were in China? They can act on your behalf to obtain a "no criminal record" certificate.

Also, this is directly from U.S. department of State:

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a re-education through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose re-education through labor. It is important to distinguish re-education through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses.

Good luck! I hope some China members can offer some more specific information pertaining to your case.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Timeline

I've heard that it is notoriously difficult for non-chinese citizens to obtain a police record.

Do you have any friends or family staying in the district you resided in while you were in China? They can act on your behalf to obtain a "no criminal record" certificate.

Also, this is directly from U.S. department of State:

Police Records

Generally available, reliable. Persons should apply for a certificate of no criminal record at the local Public Security Bureau (PSB) (or certain types of employers such as state owned enterprises), then make application to the notary office for a certificate based on the PSB document. Persons without a criminal record will be able to obtain a certificate to that effect. Certificates for individuals with one or more criminal convictions will list all convictions for which records still exist. The certificates purport to reflect all criminal convictions during residence in China. Police records are generally not available for the period prior to 1949. Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories.

Police records also are not available for those who were in China in diplomatic status including those working for international organizations such as the United Nations. Notarial police certificates are based in part upon records from an individual's employer. If an employer refuses to release records, the notarial office is not able to issue a certificate. This is the case for persons sent abroad for education by the Chinese Government who fail to return to China.

According to a 1957 state council ruling that is still in force, the imposition of a re-education through labor (Lao Dong Jiao Yu) term does not result from a criminal conviction. Administrative organs, rather than courts, impose re-education through labor. It is important to distinguish re-education through labor from labor reform (Lao Dong Gai Zao), which is a sentence meted out for criminal offenses.

Good luck! I hope some China members can offer some more specific information pertaining to your case.

Thank you so much for the input . Good Luck on the journey forward !!!

Any one else has any input on this ? Thanks Guys once again !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

three options, IMO.

1. contact the China Embassy, ask for them to get one for you. once they have it, they can send it to you.

2. contact the China Embassy, ask them to get one for you. They send you a letter stating it is unavailable. Send that letter the NVC.

3. you were in China because of some company or educational institution. The HR person there can obtain one for you - expect to pay some monies for this - so contact that HR person and inquire about it. It will be 'out of their nomal sphere' of things to do, but if it's obtainable by them, they can get it , send it on to you, for some handling charge.

Good Luck !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

three options, IMO.

1. contact the China Embassy, ask for them to get one for you. once they have it, they can send it to you.

2. contact the China Embassy, ask them to get one for you. They send you a letter stating it is unavailable. Send that letter the NVC.

3. you were in China because of some company or educational institution. The HR person there can obtain one for you - expect to pay some monies for this - so contact that HR person and inquire about it. It will be 'out of their nomal sphere' of things to do, but if it's obtainable by them, they can get it , send it on to you, for some handling charge.

Good Luck !

Thanks for the Input . I am willing to try via option 3 but I just need to know for sure that Foreigners in China do get this PCC . Good Luck on your journey and God Bless!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

for sure? No! Nothing is for certain on option 3.

You must make the contact, inquire.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 7 months later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Police Certificates for Foreigners Living in China

If you need a police certificate for any reason from having lived in China, it may be possible to obtain one from the local PSB Entry and Exit Bureau. You will need a Chinese work permit and a letter from your employer. Contact the PSB folks for the details of what they need.

from the British embassy

http://ukinchina.fco...-other-services

If you wish to obtain a criminal record clearance from the Chinese authorities, you will need to apply for a Certificate of No Criminal Record 无犯罪记录证明

* To apply for a certificate while you are resident in China, you should apply to your local Public Security Bureau.
* To obtain a certificate after you have left China you should contact the local PSB. However you can also try service companies that offer services to help foreign residents.
* In Shanghai's district (Including municipality of Shanghai, provinces of Jiangsu, Anhui and Zhejiang), the local Notary Public is responsible for issuing such a certificate.
* In Guangzhou and Shenzhen, the local Notary Public is responsible for issuing such a certificate.
* In Chongqing's district (Including municipality of Chongqing, provinces of Sichuan, Yunan and Guizhou), the nearest police station (to be visited first) and the local Notary Public are both responsible for issuing such a certificate.
* In Beijing, the Shuang Xiong company offers this service for current or former residents of Beijing

Their contact details are:

No.3 Dongdajie (100m east of Public Security Bureau), Andingmen, Dong Cheng District
Tel: +86 10 6402 7616 / 6402 7596; Fax: +86 10 6402 7596
Email: shuangxiong516@sina.com

玉林,桂 resident
Feb 23, 2005 ........ Mailed I-129F to TSC . . . . . . . . .March 8th ............. P1 from CSC
April 11 ................. P2 from CSC . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .April 25 ................ NVC sends packet to GUZ
June 22 ................ P3 received . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Nov 22 ................. PASSED Interview
Dec 2 ................... Made it! . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 16 .................. Married
May 23, 2006 ..... TDL, EAD, AP received. . . . . . . . . June 16, 2006 ........ AOS interview - wait for FBI bkgrnd check
Apr 19, 2007 .... EAD # 2. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Oct 7, 2008 ......... 10-year green card
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - K2 (son) - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Dec 2 ..................... AOS/EAD filed . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Dec 17 ................... 21st birthday
Jan 4, 2007 .......... transferred to CSC . . . . . . . . . . . Feb 6, 2007 ............ transferred to MSC
Feb 23 .................... EAD card . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Apr 16 .................... AOS denied (over 21)
Jul 26 .................... Master Calendar hearing . . . . . . Nov 15 ...................... Removal hearing
Jan 29, 2008 ........ Voluntary departure

• 2 months later...

three options, IMO.

Good Luck !

I'm having the same problem ... I left China in March 2009. I'm living Indonesia. And how to get this?? Especially option number 2.

I really appreciate any replies. Thank you.

I'm from Indonesia (the beneficiary), and my husband is a USC.

USCIS

06/04/2011: Got married in Surabaya, Indonesia

03/10/2013: (Some time at these dates) Filed I-130 through a lawyer

03/25/2013: Priority date, NOA1

11/08/2013: Case was transferred to Texas Service Center

11/16/2013: Case update: "was transferred and is now being processed at a USCIS office."

11/25/2013: NOA2. Post Decision Activity: APPROVED (by Texas Service Center)

12/05/2013: Received NOA2 in the mail.

12/19/2013: "Shipped this approved or re-affirmed case to the Department of State for visa processing."

NVC

01/03/2014: NVC received our case work.

03/26/2014: Called NVC and they said that there's an error on the affidavit support and they didn't get copy of my passport. This case, I blame our lawyer.

Timeline

well, to utilise #2, you'd have to find the China Embassy in your Country . Start with the finding bits, report back when yer able.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi there !!!

I am new to this forum and seek help regarding a query on getting a Police Certificate. Going through the forum i read that Chinese Govt does not provide Police Clearance Certificates for people having visited china on L or F type visas. To be exact this was the statement:

"Certificates are available for those in the J-1, Z, and X categories. The GOC does not issue police records for temporary residents of China in L or F visa categories".

Can I get a link where I can get this statement verified. I have seen few links like the following:-

http://travel.state....ocity_3537.html

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9015

But both of them give an error. Can somebody please give reference of some chinese website or Govt webpage whose print out can be sent to the Immigration officers.

Thanks and looking forward to a reply..........

• 1 year later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Prior to this past Wednesday, the last reply to the OP was over 1.5 years ago, the last post in this thread was over 1 year ago (with the exception of a spam post {and reference to} that have been removed. The last time the OP logged in was over 2 years ago. Old thread closed to additional discussion.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.