GODISGOODWally

Visa Denied

51 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

We had our interview yesterday they asked us all of question....First they interview me and then they interview my fiance..He was told since i am in the country we should get married.....but they can not approve this fiance visa...I am very sad...we answer all the question right we had pictures and email,phone call long..I dont know what went wrong...But Good is God he will make a way..I have faith

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

did they give you any documents, new documents? if so, what?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So sad to hear. What was they reason for the denial?

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You had a Stokes interview, sad to say. Ecuador filers have had a lot of experience with same.

Were you blindsided by this, or was there an indication beforehand that there might be trouble brewing?

How many visits did you and she have? How long were the visits? What evidence of bona fide relationship did you front-load your I-129F petition with, if any? What evidence did you bring to the interview, and was it looked at before you were interrogated in this way?

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

So sorry to hear that. From what I understand, getting married doesn't automatically solve the problem if they don't believe you have a bona fide relationship. And with the little details you provided, it seems like maybe they don't believe the relationship is real. Why else wouldn't they be able to issue the visa? Can you provide a few more details on your interview? Who interviewed you at the embassy? Was it a man or woman?

Timeline

OMG I am so sorry to hear that. What questions did they ask you guys? Did the CO give any indication of something they did not believe? Keep the faith and pray.

They asked how did we meet.

they asked do i have kids

our the father involved in the kids life

what do i do on my free time'

How do we communicate

how old is has kids

do the kids live with him or there mother

Where do i work

what do i do at work

where do i live

the CO did not give any indication....All she said since i am in the country I should marry him...

God is good... and very thing happen for a reason....

Timeline

did they give you any documents, new documents? if so, what?

They just give him a paper and it said they feel that he is marrying me for the visa....

So sad to hear. What was they reason for the denial?

They just give him a paper and it said they feel that he is marrying me for the visa....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Yemen
Timeline

They asked how did we meet.

they asked do i have kids

our the father involved in the kids life

what do i do on my free time'

How do we communicate

how old is has kids

do the kids live with him or there mother

Where do i work

what do i do at work

where do i live

the CO did not give any indication....All she said since i am in the country I should marry him...

God is good... and very thing happen for a reason....

Ookay... So I guess your answers didn't match? That's a problem for you guys because those questions are very BASIC. You should also look through all your petition evidence and the visa application evidence to see if there are any other "clues" the CO's may have found that look like your fiance's intent was to use you for immigration. This can be things like declaring love or asking to marry you very early in the relationship, not knowing essential things about each other, and other predatory behaviors. You and your fiance may not have even thought you said or did anything wrong but the investigators look at this evidence very closely for subtle clues. I am sorry you guys got denied but if you are determined to make it work then you need to spend a lot more time together in Haiti and do as they suggest - get married and both of you need to integrate each other into your lives. But you should wait a while to get to know each other a lot better before filing for a spouse visa. At least you know now what is expected at the interview, but they will probably be a lot harder on you next time with the past denial.

"If you’re brave enough to say goodbye, life will reward you with a new hello."

- Paulo Coelho

Timeline

You had a Stokes interview, sad to say. Ecuador filers have had a lot of experience with same.

Were you blindsided by this, or was there an indication beforehand that there might be trouble brewing?

How many visits did you and she have? How long were the visits? What evidence of bona fide relationship did you front-load your I-129F petition with, if any? What evidence did you bring to the interview, and was it looked at before you were interrogated in this way?

The CO had just denied someone else a visa fiance....she told him she did not feel that there relationship was real...

Then we seen here looking at our pictures and she put them down and pick them up and look at the back of the picture..

she put them down and look at them again..Like she was looking for something she did not see..I thought we had answer all the question right..I had visited him 6 times...5 and 6 days...On1-129mI give them facebook chats,I give them pictures of us, I give them cards i send him and he send me. at the interview I gave them more pictues, phone call longs,cards...yes it was

Timeline

Ookay... So I guess your answers didn't match? That's a problem for you guys because those questions are very BASIC. You should also look through all your petition evidence and the visa application evidence to see if there are any other "clues" the CO's may have found that look like your fiance's intent was to use you for immigration. This can be things like declaring love or asking to marry you very early in the relationship, not knowing essential things about each other, and other predatory behaviors. You and your fiance may not have even thought you said or did anything wrong but the investigators look at this evidence very closely for subtle clues. I am sorry you guys got denied but if you are determined to make it work then you need to spend a lot more time together in Haiti and do as they suggest - get married and both of you need to integrate each other into your lives. But you should wait a while to get to know each other a lot better before filing for a spouse visa. At least you know now what is expected at the interview, but they will probably be a lot harder on you next time with the past denial.

I have been with him about 2 yrs...I visit him about every 2 to 4 months..we talk every day we chat on facebook very day..I dont know how much more can u get to know the person..

May be they found out something about him that you are unaware of. Sorry to hear about your denial after everything you have gone through. (F) (F)

K1 Visa - Dates in UK format

02/05/2012 I-129F Sent
07/05/2012 I-129F NOA1
02/11/2012 I-129F NOA2
14/11/2012 NVC Left
29/11/2012 Packet 3 Received
07/12/2012 Medical
12/12/2012 Packet 3 Sent
30/01/2013 Packet 4 Received
20/02/2013 Interview Date - Approved!
28/02/2013 Visa Received
03/06/2013 US Entry smile.png

22/06/2013 Marriage (Beautiful day) heart.gifrose.gif

AOS & EAD - Dates in US format

07/29/2013 Filing date

08/06/2013 NOA1

08/28/2013 Biometrics Apt

06/23/2014 Green Card

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi sis, Im so sorry to hear that. Sis, Just asked what are the reasons why you denied and review everything your documents. I know what your felt. Just be strong and keep believe in GOD and the power of his will.

Godbless you

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.