A.J

MY Visa Journey Sucks #### !!!!

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

So I sent My Affidavit of Support Form and the Original civil documents On December 22nd 2012.

January 10 -2013 I got an Email saying to resend 2 civil documents and 2 passport size photo of my hubby

- I sent them January 21- 2013 -

I have Not Heard anything From the NVC - and So I called to day and Guess what No answer becuz of a Snow Storm Fucken REALLY- Really Snow ####### - Ive Been thr HELL My Dad Died in JULY - My sister did not want to Help me with the Affidavit of Support - then My sister did Finley help me in Nov -

In Not Joules of the people getting INTERVIEW Im Happy - they Get to Move on ans Be Really Happy --its just what about me and it Dont help with my hubby telling me to go Home - and Be with my family and My son YEs I do miss them But I dont want to Leave him again for the 3 time.

what is taking so Long - its been One Year sents I started this Visa Journey - and we have are good and bad day but Now Im just worryed.

i KNOW I Sound Crazy i just want to know how my case is going, but i have to wait.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is good to vent your frustration. But we are dealing with the government and they are swamped and also slow. Hang in their. Your relationship will be highly valued because of your patience. Waiting sucks big time

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

First my condolences for your loss, from looking at your timeline you took over 15 months after your wedding to file and you were approved at USCIS since Jul 12 why has it taken so long for you to submit the paperwork? It took me 1 month and I closed out all requirements with NVC and then waited two months for the interview just to be placed on AP for an additional 2 months. I get it it bites to wait so long, we all did the waiting game 13 months before my hubby came home but you cannot be mad at the system for not being prepared. I think you are blessed that your sister found it in the kindness of her heart to sponsor him. It is not her responsibility to take on it is yours the delay is your responsibility for not being abled and prepared to take this journey. I calculated at least 18 months of lost time on your clock and now you are mad because people cannot make it to work to take your call because of a storm?

I am not trying to be mean, just stating the facts sit back reflect and really think what you could have done to speed up the process. So at this point you are either more irritated by my comments or can relate to the facts. It is not an easy process but realize you are almost done frustrations will only get the best of you and yield no results in getting your hubby home quicker.

Good luck and God bless....

Timeline

Thanks Mr Smiley -I guess I did need to vent - Everyone has there Days ---

MIBEN -Thanks -- But there More to what You know -- when we got approved with the USCIS -- My dad ask my sister to Help me and she said Yes - but after he pass everything when down hill - july 3rd we found out he got cancer july 25th we lost him - so My sister put me on hold from July to November - to help my mom out My dad paid the bills and other stuff - he did it all and we where Blind sited- - Anyways Me and My hubby got married In Oct 2011 and then Dec I when home them I filled for the Visa in Jan 2012-- I was prepared I had all the paper word Ready to send -I did not count on My dad dieing - Or resend the NVC 2 civil documents and 2 passport size photo - I know they where in the paper work. but it could of been the Date was over do and it last for a couple of months, Yes You are Right It is not an easy process. Im just sad and frustrated and Scared.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from Effects of Major Changes to CR-1 case progress subforum as a more appropriate location for this topic. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

its good you got it out your chest and you are open to corrections too :thumbs: . It can be nerve wracking , this whole process. some of us have it smoother than others but I pray we all get there and that our flames of love continue to burn. occupy yourself this weekend and give it till tuesday at least cos read someone saying they wnt open monday either due to federal holiday :wacko: . I thought the holiday was tuesday 12th and then next monday 18th? anyway..its just couple more hours of waiting into next week :)

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

its good you got it out your chest and you are open to corrections too :thumbs: . It can be nerve wracking , this whole process. some of us have it smoother than others but I pray we all get there and that our flames of love continue to burn. occupy yourself this weekend and give it till tuesday at least cos read someone saying they wnt open monday either due to federal holiday :wacko: . I thought the holiday was tuesday 12th and then next monday 18th? anyway..its just couple more hours of waiting into next week :)

yeah bad timing for us since our file was just sent out to NVC yesterday!! But my husband has a bad cold and I need a day or two to study up on what to do next, so we are seeing it as a breathing space, just.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

There is no federal holiday this coming Monday. The next federal holiday is the 18th, Presidents' Day/Washington's Birthday.

To the original poster, vent away! This whole process sucks and people should not be telling you that it's your fault that things didn't happen timely. We do not walk in everyone else's shoes, we only walk in our own. People don't know the individual circumstances around why we chose to wait a few months to file or not. I'm disappointed in the number of people I've seen in these forums bashing each other when they're low or sad because something seems frightening. I was under the impression that these forums were for information, and possibly support.

I have nothing but good wishes for everyone going through this process. It's rough, it's tough, and sometimes it's dirty. In no way is it fun or entertaining. When things go wrong, sometimes they just go wrong. Shaming others helps no one.

I am now officially off my soap box.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thanks Mr Smiley -I guess I did need to vent - Everyone has there Days ---

MIBEN -Thanks -- But there More to what You know -- when we got approved with the USCIS -- My dad ask my sister to Help me and she said Yes - but after he pass everything when down hill - july 3rd we found out he got cancer july 25th we lost him - so My sister put me on hold from July to November - to help my mom out My dad paid the bills and other stuff - he did it all and we where Blind sited- - Anyways Me and My hubby got married In Oct 2011 and then Dec I when home them I filled for the Visa in Jan 2012-- I was prepared I had all the paper word Ready to send -I did not count on My dad dieing - Or resend the NVC 2 civil documents and 2 passport size photo - I know they where in the paper work. but it could of been the Date was over do and it last for a couple of months, Yes You are Right It is not an easy process. Im just sad and frustrated and Scared.

My apologies as I was looking at your timeline that states you were married in Oct 2010 and filed in 2012. Everything you said does not sound crazy, we all went through it the sadness the frustrations just hold on a bit and find things to keep you busy (work, hobbies, volunteer). Are you in Morocco? If so that just makes dealing with the NVC process more difficult but look on the bright side if such is the case it will strengthen your case of a bonafide marriage. In a few months it will all be over and you will look back and laugh at what you went through to get him home. As I stated my intent was not to be mean but simply look at the facts objectively and don't let the process get the best of you. I took things one day at a time and tried not to worry (simply tried it didn't always work) we knew we had a bonafide marriage we just underwent a bureaucratic process to get him home.

Again my condolences for your loss and hope you can find the strength to push through the last leg of your journey to get him home.

Good luck

Timeline

Thanks Guys :star: - I did not want to come off as self center - I do want good wishes for everyone going through this process it is Hard and painfull and Long/short for some people -

ErinBeth I too have seen a Lot of People get Rude comments and there Looking for Help - I know there is One lady that all she does is make rude comments its a good thing she did not comment on me ;)

speedwell GOOD LUCK with your process - I allways check my Emails 3 times a Day - so i dont Miss anything - I hope your hubby gets better from his cold.

TBoneTX Thanks but I dont think Thread to moved - would not work for me - I might get bad karma

ndu26 :thumbs: Im happy you got me - Im not the one that say whats on my mind i keep it to my self and just let it be but It was good getting my worrys off my chest

MIBEN its ok there been a couple of time I read something and its wrong or I think its something eles

But Again Thanks Everyone and Good Luck to you All :D

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

So I sent My Affidavit of Support Form and the Original civil documents On December 22nd 2012.

January 10 -2013 I got an Email saying to resend 2 civil documents and 2 passport size photo of my hubby

- I sent them January 21- 2013 -

I have Not Heard anything From the NVC - and So I called to day and Guess what No answer becuz of a Snow Storm Fucken REALLY- Really Snow ####### - Ive Been thr HELL My Dad Died in JULY - My sister did not want to Help me with the Affidavit of Support - then My sister did Finley help me in Nov -

In Not Joules of the people getting INTERVIEW Im Happy - they Get to Move on ans Be Really Happy --its just what about me and it Dont help with my hubby telling me to go Home - and Be with my family and My son YEs I do miss them But I dont want to Leave him again for the 3 time.

what is taking so Long - its been One Year sents I started this Visa Journey - and we have are good and bad day but Now Im just worryed.

i KNOW I Sound Crazy i just want to know how my case is going, but i have to wait.

That is USCIS's favorite word don't you know "WAIT!"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Guys :star: - I did not want to come off as self center - I do want good wishes for everyone going through this process it is Hard and painfull and Long/short for some people -

ErinBeth I too have seen a Lot of People get Rude comments and there Looking for Help - I know there is One lady that all she does is make rude comments its a good thing she did not comment on me ;)

speedwell GOOD LUCK with your process - I allways check my Emails 3 times a Day - so i dont Miss anything - I hope your hubby gets better from his cold.

TBoneTX Thanks but I dont think Thread to moved - would not work for me - I might get bad karma

ndu26 :thumbs: Im happy you got me - Im not the one that say whats on my mind i keep it to my self and just let it be but It was good getting my worrys off my chest

MIBEN its ok there been a couple of time I read something and its wrong or I think its something eles

But Again Thanks Everyone and Good Luck to you All :D

tbone was simply stating that he moved your thread to a different forum that was more appropriate for the content it contained

oldlady.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.