Parwana

R1 Visa

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Please help me with more information about R1 visa.

My questions are regarding the requirements of R1 visa as described on Department of State website, below:

The applicant must be a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the U.S.

This is about my friends mother who is a teacher in a mosque back home . Here in U.S. a far relative manages\runs a local non profitable small mosque, this relative some times sends charity back home to keep the mosque maintained. The relative sends the charity to my friends mother (teacher back home) and she spends it on a mosque. Is this enough evidence to prove she is indeed '' a member of a religious denomination'' ? If not how someone can prove? when it comes to small mosques they don't have much to prove, the only relationship between 2 Islamic religious mosques can only be charity that is it?

The relative wants to bring her to U.S as a girls teacher for few months, is that enough evidence ?

Please help.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The 'relative' aspect worries me. It sounds like family helping family

someone will offer more advice

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Is there an imam at the mosque abroad? If so, he should write about all the work the mother does for the mosque there, specifically the teaching. If the mother has any training, religious or otherwise, in teaching/ religion etc, she should submit that too.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Is there an imam at the mosque abroad? If so, he should write about all the work the mother does for the mosque there, specifically the teaching. If the mother has any training, religious or otherwise, in teaching/ religion etc, she should submit that too.

I think an Imam is another definition for a teacher or preacher there is nothing much to it. They just talk and teach religion, again the mother of my friend lives in a small village and they don't have too much happening in terms of being a teacher to be a certified person. My question is if this petitioner here in US apply and describe I have this kind of relation with my applicant back home who manage/maintain a mosque and the ONLY relation between the 2 non profitable small religious organization is, That I collect charity and send and she spends it over there is that make the petitioner and the applicant an active member of these 2 organization?

We just want to make sure to get to the point ''how to prove The applicant must be a member of a religious denomination having a bona fide nonprofit religious organization in the U.S.'' because they don't have much budget to apply and spend money on fees and all and at the end the embassy comes up and say you don't have enough evidence to have tie to the organization is US. So is this enough for the applicant to prove she has this type of connection ? Please give us some more details.

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

if the small mosque in the usa has affiliation through a larger islamic group in the USA, then it is straightforward to get the larger islamic group to handle all of the paperwork for that visa.

Otherwise, there's a lot of paperwork and bonafides to handle.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Lately R1 is one of the most visa to get.

You need a solid evidence, also does your friends mom have some special qualification that other muslim women in US do not have.

The petitioner here in US is not affiliated to no big mosque organization . There are few people come together collect charity renting a spot and people come and practice their religion that's all.. Of course they have permission from their city that they are running an non-profitable religious mosque. The petitioner is acting as a leader selected by community that's all.

The applicant (teacher -Imam ) back home has like local certification that she passed to teach girls and women religious material nothing much like she is not a teacher in an Islamic university or recognized national school . Again they live in a small village with maybe few thousand people . what can be done more to make absolute sure that they don't get rejected ? They don't have big budget to spend btw the applicant is over 50 years old. Please give us more thoughts and or ideas of how - what documents they can provide so that can prove they are eligible and the case is strong ... As the member mentioned above '' Otherwise, there's a lot of paperwork and bonafides to handle ''

• 2 weeks later...

Lately R1 is one of the most visa to get.

You need a solid evidence, also does your friends mom have some special qualification that other muslim women in US do not have.

Hi,

please help us here deciding which form to use. we are trying to apply for a R1 visa, confusion is to file form I-129 OR from I-360? what is the difference?

Thank you.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Please take this as intended and not harshly - but -

#1 - You don't have a recognized Mosque/local Islamic association, etc involved in petitioning her: when you say non-profitable do you mean it is at least a not-for-profit? In any way, shape, or form a structured house of worship recognized by the locality it's in? It needs to be...

#2 - You mention a local imam that has a "certificate" that he gives women he's trained. What's the imam's training? If he's some super well-known scholar, that's one thing; if he's just the local village imam, that's something totally different. Are they part of a special sect of Islam that doesn't have a lot of educators available in the US?

#3 - The friend in this picture - is s/he in the US? What is their immigration status? If they are just trying to get mom over quicker than waiting out citizenship to file a proper I130, the CO will see right through that. Has mom tried for a B1/B2 before? You don't want her to be accused of trying to game the system...

You'd be filing an I-129: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a9910b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=a9910b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

There will be a chance of rejection...this isn't a "slam dunk" visa to try for.

Please take this as intended and not harshly - but -

#1 - You don't have a recognized Mosque/local Islamic association, etc involved in petitioning her: when you say non-profitable do you mean it is at least a not-for-profit? In any way, shape, or form a structured house of worship recognized by the locality it's in? It needs to be...

#2 - You mention a local imam that has a "certificate" that he gives women he's trained. What's the imam's training? If he's some super well-known scholar, that's one thing; if he's just the local village imam, that's something totally different. Are they part of a special sect of Islam that doesn't have a lot of educators available in the US?

#3 - The friend in this picture - is s/he in the US? What is their immigration status? If they are just trying to get mom over quicker than waiting out citizenship to file a proper I130, the CO will see right through that. Has mom tried for a B1/B2 before? You don't want her to be accused of trying to game the system...

You'd be filing an I-129: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=a9910b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=a9910b89284a3210VgnVCM100000b92ca60aRCRD

There will be a chance of rejection...this isn't a "slam dunk" visa to try for.

Cool .. Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.