N-o-l-a

Jaded I-130 Waiters

229 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Nola- that certainly would make it difficult. Do you have access to an international or American school where you are? I taught in one, and they are often very multicultural and the kiddos more open-minded.

Sorry to keep at this- just trying to help.

This was at the only international school, within probably 2 hours.

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

I love Ontario. Alberta & Saskatchewan are not my first choice for ideal places to live. Really, I didn't realize how good I had it in ON. But FL is even better, IMO. I love it there. The only thing I don't like about America is no universal health care. But I think we'll manage.

Personally if we hadn't decided to move to the USA, I'd be moving back to BC. I really don't like Alberta either, the only reason I moved out here originally was because of the employment rate in BC. For a young adult in my area there wasn't much available. But as I'm older and have a lot more work experience under my belt, I probably wouldn't have as hard of a time. Colorado reminds me of Alberta. At least the southern parts of Alberta by like Calgary. My husband is quite typically American in his attitude too. Occasionally he puts Canada down, most as a tease, but it irritates me to the end where I would like to just hang up on him. Yeah it can be cold. Yeah we have snow. Yeah the summer is like 4 months long (especially here it's more like 2.) Yeah we don't have a bunch of people running around up here, maybe for those reasons.... I don't wanna hear about it!

I love BC where I grew up. It's beautiful. The mountains give a sense of grandeur to the world. The air feels cleaner. I don't think life is the same without snowmen or snowball fights or a white winter Christmas.

It's what I know and it's who I am. I am Canadian. I will always be Canadian. I love being Canadian.

I am a Canadian who loves an American. I love him so much that I'm willing to give up living here because being by his side, no matter where, feels like where I'm supposed to be. C'est la vie.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Actually, it would be tolerable if not for my daughter...the getting beaten and teased practically every day in school was ridiculous. She is also just not cut out for Denmark and when she begin to pee and poop herself constantly because of it, screamed and cried herself to sleep every night talking about the Danish kids hitting her and having no friends, and refused to approach Danish children... well our solution was filing the I-130.

Danish kids sound like jerks.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Timeline

Danish kids sound like jerks.

They are in general fine, but the supervision at the schools is really lacking. I'm sure American kids would be the same if the teachers didn't care.

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

They are in general fine, but the supervision at the schools is really lacking. I'm sure American kids would be the same if the teachers didn't care.

I'm surprised you haven't sued the school.

IR-1 Visa Timeline (Service Center: Vermont)

image.png.806852c45242bc72b5f44a862566bdaf.png

N-400 Timeline (Field Office: Orlando, FL) & Voter Registration (Online)

image.png.c85e21010f669e0303f6fafb51f19f82.png

Passport Timeline (Submitted at USPS, Standard Processing, Standard Delivery, Locator number: 51) & SSA Update & Naturalization Certificate Receipt

03/23/2022: Application for passport submitted at USPS facility under standard processing.

04/04/2022: Status changed to “The U.S. Department of State has received your application for your passport book on 04/04/2022. We're now reviewing your application and supporting documents...Your application locator number is 51*******.

04/04/2022: Check for passport cashed.

05/03/2022: Status changed to "The U.S. Department of State approved your application for your passport book. We're now printing your passport book and preparing to give it to you. You should receive your passport book on or around 05/09/2022."

05/05/2022: Passport Received.

05/09/2022: SSA Citizenship Status Updated.

05/25/2022: Naturalization Certificate received in mail.

My Korean kids used to be absolutely brutal to each other, but I was actually (surprisingly) bigger than them, so I just peeled them off each other, got a bit draconian and sent them on their way.

Still, I don't tolerate bullying. It actually fills me with death rage.

I love a guy who looks like he could be on Criminal Minds as either an agent or a killer.

Actually, it would be tolerable if not for my daughter...the getting beaten and teased practically every day in school was ridiculous. She is also just not cut out for Denmark and when she begin to pee and poop herself constantly because of it, screamed and cried herself to sleep every night talking about the Danish kids hitting her and having no friends, and refused to approach Danish children... well our solution was filing the I-130.

oh wow... you know that can happen in the US, too... My goodness, poor kid! Doesn't your husband know anyone with kids her age who can befriend her?

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

I've been waiting for 16months already. NOA2 where are you?... :-(

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Not directly related to the visa process but definitely a jaded topic.

I sincerely wish my husband could come visit me in the U.S. for a change. Why oh why does it have to be such a challenge for an Indian man to get approved for a B-2??? These trips to India are getting so stressful and hard on my body. I've gotten sick on every single trip I've taken to India to visit my husband. I love India but its certainly not gentle on an outsider's immune system. Last trip I was even hospitalized. Who knows? The next trip might do me in for good :rofl:

But seriously, these long processing times only mean more long stressful trips to India since we can't even meet in a third country to shorten the travel time. I want to just move over there to be with him and wait the rest of this process out but my heartless employer has just laid me off :bonk:

Being jobless and husband-less is not a fun combination :angry:

sounds like now would be a great time to go, since you don't have to deal with requesting time off work... just stay away from street food! and don't drink any water without boiling it first

USCIS: 307 days from NOA1 to NOA2 (no RFE's)

15JUN2012 USC married in Côte d'Ivoire
13AUG2012 I-130 sent by FedEx to Chicago
15AUG2012 I-130 packet delivered to mailroom, per FedEx.com
18AUG2012 NOA1, rcvd SMS & email saying case is routed to Vermont Service Center, later rcvd by snail mail
21AUG2012 the date on next I-797C received only by snail mail, says petition transferred to Lee's Summit,MO
28AUG2012 "touch" (website shows case was updated)
03OCT2012 the date casefile was sent to Atlanta, per phone call with ISO
01FEB2013 infopass at Atlanta, casefile has not even been assigned to anyone yet!

21JUN2013 NOA2, email received! USCIS website is updated! No SMS was received.

Letter rcvd later by snail mail from NBC, Lee's Summit, MO; however, I know file was adjudicated in Atlanta.

NVC:

11JUL2013 the date NVC says they received our file

19JUL2013 called and got Case # and IIN #, gave email addresses

22JUL2013 received DS-3032 and AOS invoice by email, mailed DS-3032

Timeline

I'm surprised you haven't sued the school.

Not only did we not sue them, but we paid $1200 for the month she didn't attend. I just wanted it all to be over, so we didn't push it and frankly, I thought it was pretty commonplace here as my SIL had to drop out of school because of the bullying. I did want to file a police report against the little boy who was mainly doing to her, but my husband talked me down because the Danish police wouldn't care and it would create more trouble for us.

My Korean kids used to be absolutely brutal to each other, but I was actually (surprisingly) bigger than them, so I just peeled them off each other, got a bit draconian and sent them on their way.

Still, I don't tolerate bullying. It actually fills me with death rage.

It really pisses me off too. I didn't really see it growing up and everyone was so friendly and nice and sweet in our town in America, so it kind of blindsided me. I don't know anyone personally that has committed suicide from it, but you see about it on the news and such.

oh wow... you know that can happen in the US, too... My goodness, poor kid! Doesn't your husband know anyone with kids her age who can befriend her?

I suppose it could, but it doesn't really happen where we are from and not to 4 year olds. At her school in America the girls would sit around and hug and show each other jewelry... She is a high needs child and very sensitive to little disruptions. I was worried that bullying would break her rather than make her stronger. It is a weird balance you have to make as a parent. Sometimes she will play with kids here on the playground or whatever, but in general, it is hard to get her to play with kids here now which wasn't at all how she was before. I am taking her next week to go play with some kids who speak English. :thumbs: A few of my husband's friends have kids but they are older... and all of the International Mothers seem to only have infants, which is kind of weird.

With the transfer of our case to the Hartford field office (the Atlanta of New England in terms of processing speed), we are looking to go back to America some time between May and August. If it looks like the I-130 is getting approved in the Spring, then the little one and I will move back in May and if it looks to be later, than August. In CT, she comes in before the year end deadline for Kindergarten this upcoming school year, so I think that would be good for her.

Not directly related to the visa process but definitely a jaded topic.

I sincerely wish my husband could come visit me in the U.S. for a change. Why oh why does it have to be such a challenge for an Indian man to get approved for a B-2??? These trips to India are getting so stressful and hard on my body. I've gotten sick on every single trip I've taken to India to visit my husband. I love India but its certainly not gentle on an outsider's immune system. Last trip I was even hospitalized. Who knows? The next trip might do me in for good :rofl:

But seriously, these long processing times only mean more long stressful trips to India since we can't even meet in a third country to shorten the travel time. I want to just move over there to be with him and wait the rest of this process out but my heartless employer has just laid me off :bonk:

Being jobless and husband-less is not a fun combination :angry:

Well, you could move to India, but I could see all the problems with that too. It is a shame that they won't give him a B2 even with having an I-130 on file. :huh:

I get to this "poor me" place and then I have to remind myself that at least we are together and very unlikely to get AP. I'll officially give myself wallowing in self pity permission when we hit 9 months from NOA 1 and there is no NOA 2 yet. :yes:

3/26/18 Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

######, ######, f*ckity, ######.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

16 months??? omg did you open a service request yet at least??

Of course! We exhausted every way we can.

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

######, ######, f*ckity, ######.

I AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I want to slam about and smash wine bottles. I call for blood.

Instead I'll watch Ramsay Behind Bars. :dance:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.