zeke2507

What is the average length of a K1 visa process?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

Hello all, I just filed my i129f on January 28th, and was curious as to what the average time period is from i129f to Visa? considering there are no hiccups(fingers crossed). Thanks in advance!!!

Hi!

Mine took around 5 months and 2 weeks to the interview. For around 8 months from filling to have the visa in hands. I filled in January 23,2012 and the interview was on September 6. Is a long process but you need to be PATIENT. Good luck on your journey :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Mine took a bit over 6 months at VSC

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Timeline

Hi!

Mine took around 5 months and 2 weeks to the interview. For around 8 months from filling to have the visa in hands. I filled in January 23,2012 and the interview was on September 6. Is a long process but you need to be PATIENT. Good luck on your journey :)

Congratulations :)......Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Hello all, I just filed my i129f on January 28th, and was curious as to what the average time period is from i129f to Visa? considering there are no hiccups(fingers crossed). Thanks in advance!!!

Figure 10 months....then you won't be so worried or anxious.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

My fiancee received her visa about 4 1/2 months after I mailed the initial I-129f petition. The time to get the visa depends on how fast your service center is processing (CSC at the time was processing very fast), and how fast or efficient the embassy is.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Expect 8 to 10 months. Less than 5 months for me was really fast and doesnt happen very often. Dont want you to get discouraged if it isnt the same for you because your case will vary. Just make sure you have everything in order.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

it's hard to say every case is different.right now things seem to be backed up a little it used to be 5 to 6 months, but now who knows.just wait and be patience.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Your application will end up at CSC. at the moment they are hardly touching k1's. I wouldn't bother to check the timelines for the first couple of months, they will depress you. Hopefully they will start to speed up soon.

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I would plan on 10 months. If you are really lucky, maybe faster and if unlucky, maybe slower. Typically, NOA1 in one week, NOA2 in 6-7 months, NVC a couple weeks and interview-a couple months. The process is difficult but it is the price we all pay for being law abiding citizens and to be with our significant other.

Timeline

Patience is a virtue! My future wife, and I have a 3month old daughter. I may try to apply for an expedite once I get the notification of my i29f being received...I know that a child does not fit the criteria, but I've heard every now & then it works!!! Praying for a speedy process!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

Patience is a virtue! My future wife, and I have a 3month old daughter. I may try to apply for an expedite once I get the notification of my i29f being received...I know that a child does not fit the criteria, but I've heard every now & then it works!!! Praying for a speedy process!!!

Lots of people applying for visas have children. People wasting time with frivolous expedite attempts just make tne wait longer for us more patient couples. :angry:

event.png

You would be wasting your time.

Timeline

Lots of people applying for visas have children. People wasting time with frivolous expedite attempts just make tne wait longer for us more patient couples. :angry:

I agree that a lot people applying for visas have children, and Im also 100% sure that all of them would use any possible avenue to not be apart

from them. Possibly you don't have children so maybe you don't understand what it's like to not be with him/her or in my case haven't had the opportunity

to have held her etc. In short like anyone else on the planet I'll be doing whats best to bring my family to one place. If I apply and its accepted good for us. As far as your emoji...get over it!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.