The Mean Lady

February 2013 I-130 Filers

1,289 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country:
Timeline

They changed the processing dates today. If you're from Feb. And still waiting then call and put in a service request!

Hello

We're approved on January 21, finally, i saw you're approved too congrats!

I know is mentioned million times, but can you please give me the link where to follow NVC stage... i was searching to tread and i couldn't find it Thanx

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello

I know is mentioned million times, but can you please give me the link where to follow NVC stage... i was searching to tread and i couldn't find it Thanx

Hello congratulation to everyone got approved and good luck to anyone still waiting like me :(

This Links maybe help you and maybe all of us http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hello

Here it is:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/472916-nvc-filers-january-2014/

Congratulations!

"If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you."

"Life is not what it's supposed to be. It's what it is. The way you cope with it is what makes the difference."

Beneficiary - Applying for CR1/IR1 (but also played the K3 card prior to understanding it may be phased out.)

2013: July 20: I-130 sent (Chicago lockbox)

July 24: I-130 NOA1

July 24: I-129F sent (Dallas Lockbox)

Aug 2: I-129F NOA1

Aug 12: Alien Registration Number was changed, I-129F.

2014: Jan 28/29/30: - 3 transfer notices for I-130 and I-129F.

Feb 3 - Hard copy arrived -Notice of transfer to Texas stating Jan 29th.

Feb 10 - NOA2

Feb 27 - email stating I-130 being sent to NVC from TSC.

March 6 -NVC received our case.

April 7 - CASE NUMBER yay! IIN and BIN obtained and email given.

April 9 - DS261 available and filled in online.

April 9 - AOS not yet payable but visible.

April 10 - email regarding NVC case number and access to DS261 received/ email regarding AOS received and paid.

April 11 - AOS sent by snail mail.

April 14 - AOS arrived per mail tracking.

April 15 - IV bill received via email, IV bill paid/ in process, IV package sent.

April 18 - IV bill showing paid/ DS-260 available and done!

- AOS scanned into their system.

April 21 - IV package arrived per mail tracking.

April 24 - IV scanned into their system.

May 2 - False checklist for IV documents= AOS approval.

May 13 - NVC rep reported ? missing Police certificate via my phone call.

- Supervisor review initiated.

May 14 - Checklist for Police certificate came via email.

- Sent checklisted documentation priority post!

May 15 - Package delivered per mail tracking.

May 19 - Case COMPLETE!! Police certificate found by NVC:)

May 28 - Case complete email arrived.

May 30 - Assigned Interview date!

June 2 - Interview letter arrived via email.

June 11- Medical appointment Surrey, BC

July 8 - Interview in Montreal!! APPROVED!!!!!!!! July 10 - Visa package and passport in hand!! July 23 - POE!!

Hello,

I just joined the forum and am curious to know about others who filed as early as Feb. 25, 2013 (our NOA 1 date) and are still waiting for NOA2 approval. Our petition was moved from Vermont to Nebraska on Oct. 22, 2013 and we have heard nothing. lCalls to USCIS get a recording saying that we need to wait 5 months from the time of transfer before inquiring about our status. This would extend our wait until March 22, 13 months after our NOA1.

Is anyone else in a similar situation? What good does a service request do?

Thanks

Will and Angela

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello,

I just joined the forum and am curious to know about others who filed as early as Feb. 25, 2013 (our NOA 1 date) and are still waiting for NOA2 approval. Our petition was moved from Vermont to Nebraska on Oct. 22, 2013 and we have heard nothing. lCalls to USCIS get a recording saying that we need to wait 5 months from the time of transfer before inquiring about our status. This would extend our wait until March 22, 13 months after our NOA1.

Thanks

Will and Angela

Definitely put in a service request. Not only it is past the date they post on their website, even the timeline in momths they have posted. I would get a service request, involve your congressman/senator. You also probably have the 60 day letter (will process within 60 days of the transfer). Contact the service center directly as well. ask to Talk to Tier 2 when you call them, they usually have some more info.

Mailed I-130 overnight-8/28/2013

Delivered to the USCIS PO Box Chicago 8/29/2013

NOA1 date-8/29/2013 Got as of 9/4/2013

Transfer Date : 2/24/2014

Transferred to Vermont

NOA2 3/7/2014

NVC received 3/19/2014

Case number Assigned 4/18/2014

DS-261 filed 4/26/2014

AOS paid 4/28/2014

AOS shows paid 4/30/2014

IV paid 4/30/2014

AOS and IV packages overnighted sent 5/2/2014

Packages at NVC 5/5/2014, system date of 5/7/2014

Case Complete 6/2/2014

Interview assigned 6/11/2014

Interview 7/18/2014 at Mumbai, India

POE 8/28/2014

Twins-7/19/2015 (Boy and Girl)!!

I-751 mailed in 6/1/2016 (two day priority)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hello,

Thanks

Will and Angela

We are Feb filler . feb 26 ,2013 we did service request three time the third one they ask to wait 30 days !!!!! we were transfered Oct 17 th 2013 and our Alien registratin number was changed Nov 12 ,2013 and still nothingprotest6wz.gif protest6wz.gif protest6wz.gif

event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Thanks for the responses! Our lawyer confirmed that it would be helpful to get our congressman's assistance. So I have written requesting his help and will phone their office tomorrow. According to Nebraska Service Center's site, we should have been adjudicating in October 2013. Does anyone know where to find the Nebraska SC phone number? The only number that I can find (402) 633-4000 only gets standard recordings.

Contact informaiton for NSC from a State Department document:

Nebraska Service Center
Director: Jerry Heinauer
Deputy Director: Marilyn Wiles
Chief of Staff: Neil Jacobson
850 S. Street
Phone: (402) 323-6031
Lincoln, NE 68508-2521
Fax: (402) 219-6050

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

we still waiting......pd for NOA1 is Feb 25th 2013...did e-request, service request, no help........ asked senator for help, and waiting to hear back from senator..

I-130 PD 2/25/2013

I-129F 11/8/2013

I-130 transfered to NSC on 11/7/2013

I-129F transfered to NSC on 12/6/2013

I-130 Alien Registration Number was changed on 04/15/2014

I-129F Alien Registration Number was changed on 04/15/2014

I-130 NOA2 APPROVED 05/08/2014

I-129F NOA2 APPROVED 05/08/2014, 6/02/2014 Closed by NVC

I-130 NVC received 06/02/2014 , Case # Assigned 06/20/2014

I-130 DS -261 Completed online 7/7/2014

1-130 AOS Bill invoiced and paid 7/7/2014

1-130 Applied for Electronic Processing 7/7/2014...waiting again :clock:

9/24/2014 AOS scanned
10/17/2014 IV scanned
10/31/2014 checklist email (ask for beneficiary's passport biographic data page :o ) :crying:
11/03/2014 checklist response received

01/06/2015 Case Completed :goofy:

1/13/2015 Case Compete Email

1/15/2015 P4 Email......Interview scheduled for 2/03/2015 ...... :dancing:

2/03/2015 Interview Visa Approved :dancing:

2/04/2015 Visa Issued :dance: :dance: :dance:

Keep pressure on! Write an email a week or an email a DAY to senators and congressmen. I'm convinced that's the only reason I was finally approved. I wrote many, many emails.

N-400 May 2017 Google Doc

Full timeline- 

Filed from abroad- Costa Rica

NOA1- NOA2: 316 days

Jan 12, 2013: Married!!
Mar 19, 2013: NOA1

Jan 28, 2014: I-130 approved

NVC- Green Card in Hand: 189 days

Feb 3, 2014: TSC sends case to NVC
April 14: Real checklist for AOS (saying tax number was incorrect when it wasn't)
April 30: Another AOS checklist, for proof of employment (which was already sent)
May 1: Checklist for IV- certified marriage certificate (even though I sent a certified one originally)
July 1: INTERVIEW!!! - APPROVED!
July 16: POE through Miami
July 22: SSN card in the mail
August 30, 2014: Green card arrives in the mail!!!

ROC: 366 days
April 27, 2016: Sent 300 page ROC packet to VSC via overnight mail
May 16: Check shown as charged online, received NOA 1 dated April 29
June 20, 2016- Biometrics
April 28, 2017: Approval
May 4, 2017: Approval letter arrived
May 15, 2017: GC arrives in mail

N-400: 190 days
May 8: Sent packet to Dallas Lockbox
May 12: NOA 1, Credit card charged
June 7: Biometrics
June 16: "In line"
Oct 2: Interview letter arrives (online status still says ''in line'')
Oct 31: Interview- Approved!
Nov 13: Oath ceremony!  Applied for passport & registered to vote on site.
Nov 22: Passport arrives (paid for expedited service and overnight delivery)

Journey complete! A total of 1701 days or 4 years, 7 months and 26 days.

Hey, are there many Feb/March filers left to be approved?

USCIS

August 22nd 2013: NOA 1

February 18th : Transferred to California

February 26th : NOA 2

March 3rd : NOA 2 Hard Copy

NVC

March 7th 2014: Case received by NVC

April 4th 2014: NVC Case# and IN #Received

xxxx: AOS Bill Invoiced & Paid

xxxx: AOS Bill showing paid

xxxx: AOS Packet sent (electronic)

• 1 month later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi Will and Angela,

Yes I am in exactly same situation. My priority date is 25 Feb 2013. I had filed when was Green Card holder but now I am US Citizen. The priority date had become current since last August anyways for GC holders but there was no movement in my case. I have talked to local congressman's office and they have contacted USCIS but their reply is very typical 'come back after 90 days'. Did you had any progress since last post?

Hello,

Thanks

Will and Angela

N400
----------------------------------------------------------
Feb 20 - USCIS update notification.
Feb 20 - biometrics done
Jan 31 - Applied N400 online 

NVC

----------------------------------------------------------

April 18, 2014 NVC received case

May 15, 2014 Case # and IIN assigned

DS-261 not required as I had lawyer on file

May 21, AOS and IV fee available and paid.

May 23, AOS and IV Packet sent.

May 23, DS 260 filled online.

May 29, AOS/IV scanned

Jun 3, Recieved email that AOS/IV fees are paid and I need to send the papers which I have already done.

July 3, Received postal mail from NVC that my visa preference has upgraded to CR1

July 8, Case Complete

I-130

--------------------------------------------------------

Feb 25, 2013 Priority date

April 01, 2014 I-130 approved

April 04, /2014 I-130 Send to NVC

If you have not filled you signature with timeline info yet, please do it now! Go to your profile, press 'Edit' and signature field becomes available.

Hi Okema,

This week is our 57th at step 1. Our petition is still at Nebraska. I followed forum advise and did several things:

1. called US Senator and Congress office in Seattle. they were helpful, but could only report back that Nebraska office is dealing with "unresolved issues" in our application. USCIS said call back in 45 days if we haven't heard. That was 40 days ago.

2. our lawyer requested a USCIS ombudsman and to get a service report. this was 3 weeks ago. we haven't been appointed an ombudsman yet but are scheduled to get one. they cannot say when that will be.

I've reported back to the US Senator/Congress office that nothing has moved, but I sense that the ombudsman route may be the one that works.

Will and Angela

Filed: Timeline

Hi Okema,

This week is our 57th at step 1. Our petition is still at Nebraska. I followed forum advise and did several things:

1. called US Senator and Congress office in Seattle. they were helpful, but could only report back that Nebraska office is dealing with "unresolved issues" in our application. USCIS said call back in 45 days if we haven't heard. That was 40 days ago.

2. our lawyer requested a USCIS ombudsman and to get a service report. this was 3 weeks ago. we haven't been appointed an ombudsman yet but are scheduled to get one. they cannot say when that will be.

I've reported back to the US Senator/Congress office that nothing has moved, but I sense that the ombudsman route may be the one that works.

Will and Angela

Wow. Tar & feathers for these 'tireless public servants'. ranting33va.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.