mizzUsa

Interview Help Needed (Islamabad Embassy)

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello VJ Members, I am a U.S. born citizen and filed a petition for my Pakistani husband. Thank Allah we got through all steps through USCIS and NVC and we are waiting up on interview. I am getting really nervous and scared so I need the help of you guys with experiences. The embassy that we will be interviewed at is Islamabad, Pakistan. I have been libing here in Pakistan since August 2012 with my husband waiting so he gets his visa inshallah and we go together. I want to attend the interview with my husband will that be alright? Also, will they creat a problem since i am living here since the past 6 months? Will they interview me also along with my husband? Does the embassy question about the joint sponser for the affidavit of support? The joint sponsor is my father's friend and I dont really know him well so what questions will they ask about him? Also, I am 4 months pregnant and a victim of depression, if i take doctor reports to the interview do you thing that they will approve my husband's visa faster? Could you also tell me questions that Islamabad embassy asked you guys.

Also one more thing that I am really scared about, we had nikaah over phone in Oct 2011 and I filed a I-130 petition w/o living with my husband in Nov 2011. I went to Pak and got RUkhsati and all rituals done in Feb 2012. But the I-130 had been denied by USCIS in July 2012 because they said we hadnt consummate the marriage prior to filing. So Then I re-filed again and it got approved this time but will the previous petition cause a problem in the interview. When they ask about the marriage date what do we tell them?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

First of all congratulations on the pregnancy!!! I am not sure if Islamabad will allow you in for the interview, but if they do be prepared for them interviewing you, as well. I attended the interview with my husband in Amman, and I was questioned extensively(I am the US citizen), more so than my husband. The CO questioned me about our co-sponsor. You having depression will not get your husband's visa any faster. If you do go to the interview and you're questioned there is nothing to be afraid of. Just make sure you and your husband are 100% honest and you will be fine. Everyone was very nice to us during the entire process. I do know that beneficiaries through Islamabad have a high incidence of AP, if that is the case, there is nothing you can do to get around it or expedite it. My husband had 10 weeks of AP. Good luck!!!

Timeline

As long as you have consumated the marriage and have pictures of ruksathi you should be fine. However, you living in Pakistan for over 6 months, they might ask you for a domicile. There are others on here who will elaborate on this. Also, you are definitely allowed to accompany your husband to the interview, but please note that you being the USC spouse, will be asked most of the questions! Be prepared and don't get nervous, there is no requirement for you to know the joint sponsor's biography, he is your dad's friend and and that's good enough, although you should know his name and what he does. For the question what date to tell them of your marriage, did you do another nikkah after the telephonic one? If not, then obviously you will state the same date as of when you did the telephonic Nikkah!

Keep in mind that 99.9% of male applicants get AP after the interview, which is normal for Islamabad embassy. If all's ok, most AP will last around 3 months but this is the million dollar question, if not; then how many months or years!! Take care and all the best!!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello VJ Members, I am a U.S. born citizen and filed a petition for my Pakistani husband. Thank Allah we got through all steps through USCIS and NVC and we are waiting up on interview. I am getting really nervous and scared so I need the help of you guys with experiences. The embassy that we will be interviewed at is Islamabad, Pakistan. I have been libing here in Pakistan since August 2012 with my husband waiting so he gets his visa inshallah and we go together. I want to attend the interview with my husband will that be alright? Also, will they creat a problem since i am living here since the past 6 months? Will they interview me also along with my husband? Does the embassy question about the joint sponser for the affidavit of support? The joint sponsor is my father's friend and I dont really know him well so what questions will they ask about him? Also, I am 4 months pregnant and a victim of depression, if i take doctor reports to the interview do you thing that they will approve my husband's visa faster? Could you also tell me questions that Islamabad embassy asked you guys.

Also one more thing that I am really scared about, we had nikaah over phone in Oct 2011 and I filed a I-130 petition w/o living with my husband in Nov 2011. I went to Pak and got RUkhsati and all rituals done in Feb 2012. But the I-130 had been denied by USCIS in July 2012 because they said we hadnt consummate the marriage prior to filing. So Then I re-filed again and it got approved this time but will the previous petition cause a problem in the interview. When they ask about the marriage date what do we tell them?

When did u re-applied. Ive applied for my husband in Nov. and still waiting for NOA2

Timeline

What can I take with me to prove my domicile in the U.S.? Can I take a copy of my driver license and green card? Or is there something else that I can take so i can be prepared?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

What can I take with me to prove my domicile in the U.S.? Can I take a copy of my driver license and green card? Or is there something else that I can take so i can be prepared?

to prove domicile, you need to take proof of some residence you have maintained and still paying rent on, bank accounts, some back up letter from job that you are still employed and receiving salary but currently on some leave of absence ( if applicable).

relax on interview questions, you two should discuss on answers to potential questions . go to your country's portal for embassy review here on VJ.

I wish you the best onyour pregnancy.

GOD has been WONDERFUL!!!
CR-1 (for Husband):
09/15/2012: Got Married
09/26/2012: Mailed I-130 from Nigeria( delayed by customs)
USCIS stage ( 66 days)
10/12/2012: NOA 1
12/17/2012: NOA 2 (case was transferred to NYC office 11/27/12)
NVC stage ( 20 days)
01/08/2013: Case # and IIN assigned ( file arrived NVC mail room 12/20/12)
01/09/2013: AOS invoiced and paid, DS-3032 emailed and mailed.
01/16/2013: IV invoiced &paid. AOS & IV mailed in one package(arrived 01/18).

01/28/2013: Case complete!!!
04/19/2013: Interview; APPROVED!!!!!
05/13/2013: POE; JFK

N-400: (3 months and 12 days)
Filed N-400 : 2011-06-17
Interview: 2011-09-27
Oath Ceremony: 2011-09-30

IR-5 for Mom Entire process took 5 months exactly
USCIS (22days)

mailed I-130 : 2011-09-30
NOA 1: 2011-10-03 (text & email)
NOA 2: 2011-10-25 (text and email)
NVC: (19 days)
Case entered and # assigned: 2011-11-18
NVC Case COMPLETED: 2011-12-07 ( 43 days from NOA 2 and 65 days from NOA 1)
Interview Date(Lagos): 2012-01- 23
Mom was late for interview
New Interview date: 2012-02-29 : VISA APPROVED

• 1 month later...
Timeline

@mizzUsa - hey can you update and tell us if you've had your interview. I'm in a similar situation living with my husband in Pakistan and have been out of the US for a little more than a year. I would just like to know if they allowed you to sit during the interview and what questions were asked especially regarding domicile. Thanks!

• 1 year later...
Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi there,

Alhumdulillah I got my Visa. I was almost in the same situation like MISSUSA. My wife is US Citizen and came to Pakistan for my Interview along with my 3 month old baby. They allowed them to go with me due to their citizenship. If someone got citizenship then they are allowed. They did not ask any questions from wife. They only asked questions from me.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

How long did it take you guys to get visa at Islamabad after the interview? Our I-130 just got approved after very long wait and my wife will be hopefully going there in few months for interview. How long was the interview, what kind of questions they ask? Just curious. Recent a friend's mom went there and they didn't ask much so I am wondering if its different with spouses.

Sulehira_11, I also applied as F2A, do you mind telling me your I-130 priority date? Thanks

N400
----------------------------------------------------------
Feb 20 - USCIS update notification.
Feb 20 - biometrics done
Jan 31 - Applied N400 online 

NVC

April 18, 2014 NVC received case

May 15, 2014 Case # and IIN assigned

DS-261 not required as I had lawyer on file

May 21, AOS and IV fee available and paid.

May 23, AOS and IV Packet sent.

May 23, DS 260 filled online.

May 29, AOS/IV scanned

Jun 3, Recieved email that AOS/IV fees are paid and I need to send the papers which I have already done.

July 3, Received postal mail from NVC that my visa preference has upgraded to CR1

July 8, Case Complete

I-130

--------------------------------------------------------

Feb 25, 2013 Priority date

April 01, 2014 I-130 approved

April 04, /2014 I-130 Send to NVC

If you have not filled you signature with timeline info yet, please do it now! Go to your profile, press 'Edit' and signature field becomes available.

Timeline

Hi Guys,

How long did it take you guys to get visa at Islamabad after the interview? Our I-130 just got approved after very long wait and my wife will be hopefully going there in few months for interview. How long was the interview, what kind of questions they ask? Just curious. Recent a friend's mom went there and they didn't ask much so I am wondering if its different with spouses.

Sulehira_11, I also applied as F2A, do you mind telling me your I-130 priority date? Thanks

HI okemo,

Congrats for the approval. my I-130 was approved in september after 15 months and NVC took 3 months to complete my process further and sent my case to Islamabad embassy for interview. they gave me 3 months later date for interview. i.e. 31-03-2014. you have to pay 2 fee one for 88 dollars and second for affidavit of support its 230 dollars.

Regards,

Edited by sulehria_11

REGARDS

04/11/2009 MARRIAGE (IR1 VISA)

10/06/2013 I-130 SENT

12/06/2013 NOA 1 Form I-797 . USCIS received

20/12/2013 NOA 2 Transfer notice, Texas Service Center

17/01/2014 I-130 Approved

29/01/2014 NVC received the case

21/03/2014 Receive AOS Fee Payment 88$

23/03/2014 Receive DS-261 Agent and Address

25/03/2014 AOS Fee Payment PAID 88$

28/03/2014 Received IV Bill 230$

31/03/2014 IV Bill PAID 230$

03/04/2014 DS-261 DONE , SENT

03/04/2014 Received Affidavit of Support

04/04/2014 DS-260 DONE , SENT

06/04/2014 Original and Supporting documents , DONE , SENT .

21/04/2014 Affidavit of Support , DONE , SENT

07/05/2014 NVC First CHECKLIST ( Passport first page)

15/05/2014 NVC Second CHECKLIST(Affidavit of support)

08/07/ 2014 CASE COMPLETE

14 /08 2014 Interview Date, delayed due to Gaza war

23/10/2014 Interview Date , Delayed due to late arrival of appointment letter

26/11/2014 Interview Date , Delayed due to no permit to reach embassy

04/12/2014 Interview Date , Delayed due to no permit to reach embassy

23/02/2015 Interview Date , DONE , WAITING VISA .

23/03/2015 VISA ISSUED

Timeline

Thanks, our case took 14 months to approve but the priority dates had become current n F2A for long time as you know but our case was put through extended review and it took a long time to get cleared. The 3 months interview time after NVC seems very long! I wonder if it maybe short for us since we just cleared extended review. Do you know if your I-130 went through extended review or additional processing as well? Was the visa approved soon after interview? Thanks!

HI okemo,

Congrats for the approval. my I-130 was approved in september after 15 months and NVC took 3 months to complete my process further and sent my case to Islamabad embassy for interview. they gave me 3 months later date for interview. i.e. 31-03-2014. you have to pay 2 fee one for 88 dollars and second for affidavit of support its 230 dollars.

Regards,

N400
Feb 20 - USCIS update notification.
Feb 20 - biometrics done
Jan 31 - Applied N400 online 

NVC

April 18, 2014 NVC received case

May 15, 2014 Case # and IIN assigned

DS-261 not required as I had lawyer on file

May 21, AOS and IV fee available and paid.

May 23, AOS and IV Packet sent.

May 23, DS 260 filled online.

May 29, AOS/IV scanned

Jun 3, Recieved email that AOS/IV fees are paid and I need to send the papers which I have already done.

July 3, Received postal mail from NVC that my visa preference has upgraded to CR1

July 8, Case Complete

I-130

--------------------------------------------------------

Feb 25, 2013 Priority date

April 01, 2014 I-130 approved

April 04, /2014 I-130 Send to NVC

If you have not filled you signature with timeline info yet, please do it now! Go to your profile, press 'Edit' and signature field becomes available.

Timeline

Thanks, our case took 14 months to approve but the priority dates had become current n F2A for long time as you know but our case was put through extended review and it took a long time to get cleared. The 3 months interview time after NVC seems very long! I wonder if it maybe short for us since we just cleared extended review. Do you know if your I-130 went through extended review or additional processing as well? Was the visa approved soon after interview? Thanks!

no its just took 15 months straight no extended review. They told us that your visa has been approved and will be with you within 7-10 days and i got my passport just in 4 days...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.