pm5k

A few quick questions regarding G-325A and I-130

9 posts in this topic

A few quick questions:

For the US citizen petitioning for their spouse, must their address on the G-325A match the I-130 address? I ask this only because I may move in a few months, and thought to put an address on the I-130 that I know will be safe for mail to go to (parents' address)

Thoughts?

Also, there is a part that says that certain information does not need to be repeated on the G-325A that is already on the I-130. Will repeating be a problem? I ask because my foreign spouse filled out her G-325A form, and we filled the entire form out.

For #15 on the I-130, it asks the name and address of present employer. This is for the US citizen (petitioner) correct?

Edited by pm5k

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Hi! You can use this G-1145 or E-notification Form for sms and email notices even if you'll be away for few months. Attach a personal sheet explaining why you'll use your parent's address to avoid confusion as you go along with the process.

My husband and I filled in both the G325A and him as petitioner filled in the Form I-130. Line no.15 in I-130 is for the beneficiary.

Hope this may help.

God bless.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You can use this G-1145 or E-notification Form for sms and email notices

The usefulness of the G-1145 form ends once the petition is accepted an enters the queue. To receive additional email and SMS notices from USCIS once the petition enters the queue, an account will need to be created at the USCIS website.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

The usefulness of the G-1145 form ends once the petition is accepted an enters the queue. To receive additional email and SMS notices from USCIS once the petition enters the queue, an account will need to be created at the USCIS website.

If one uses G-1145, do/can they still also receive hard copies?

What are your thoughts on the "address where your relative intends to live" being different than the petitioner's address on the I-130?

Also, as mentioned earlier, what about the petitioner's address on the I-130 differing on the petitiner's most recent/present place of residence on the G-325A?

Thanks

Edited by pm5k

Obligatory disclaimer:  Not a lawyer.  Posts are written based on my own research and based on whatever information is provided.  Consult an immigration attorney regarding your specific case.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

If one uses G-1145, do/can they still also receive hard copies?

Yes

What are your thoughts on the "address where your relative intends to live" being different than the petitioner's address on the I-130?

Not an issue.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Line no.15 in I-130 is for the beneficiary.

Can anyone else confirm this? Just want to be 100% sure. The form is confusing since the petitioner's questions end at 14...ugh

I am pretty sure it is for the beneficiary, as Boy&Bell stated, but I figured to confirm

Edited by pm5k

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Can anyone else confirm this? Just want to be 100% sure. The form is confusing since the petitioner's questions end at 14...ugh

I am pretty sure it is for the beneficiary, as Boy&Bell stated, but I figured to confirm

Yes the employer question on the I-130 is for the beneficiary but unless they are employed in the USA, that correct answer is N/A. However, it will not cause a problem to list their foreigner's foreign employment. USCIS knows the answer is N/A regardless, because questions 13 to 15 are all related to the answer to 13. Not intuitive, but much of the form is not. Another not intuitive section is section 17, where for a spouse case, the petitioner lists themselves as their foreign relative's spouse. If the foreign spouse has children, they are also listed, even if they have no intention to immigrate.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Yes the employer question on the I-130 is for the beneficiary but unless they are employed in the USA, that correct answer is N/A. However, it will not cause a problem to list their foreigner's foreign employment. USCIS knows the answer is N/A regardless, because questions 13 to 15 are all related to the answer to 13. Not intuitive, but much of the form is not. Another not intuitive section is section 17, where for a spouse case, the petitioner lists themselves as their foreign relative's spouse. If the foreign spouse has children, they are also listed, even if they have no intention to immigrate.

Yea section 17 threw me off until I saw the example forms. Thanks a lot for the reply!

Regarding full name and address of employer, would the company name, city, and country be enough? It's hard to fit the entire address in the box, even with additional sheets.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/234110-g325a-full-name-and-address-of-employer-does-not-fit-in-box/

The above thread seems to indicate that it's okay, but I thought to confirm.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.