jr732629

airline ticket

19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Does anyone know of a good travel agent to book a flight from Lagos, Nigeria to Michigan.

I am getting told by travel agents that my fiancee need a round trip ticket is that true? because of customs

Thanks so much for your help

Yes your Fiancee should have a round trip ticket. As far as travel agents I personally dont use them as they take there chunk of the money and its cheaper to schedule my own flights...

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

round trip will probably be cheaper..

look online.. no travel agents..

also, maybe look to have him/her fly to NYC.. it maybe cheaper.. then meet them there.. or book a cheaper flight from NYC to Michigan..

flight from Austin TO Caracas.. was $1400.. but i flight from Miami to Carcas was $475 and flight from austin to miami was $200! :)

just my 2cents :)

K101/17/2012.....I-129F ..... sent to Dallas, Texas

01/25/2012.....NOA1 (text & email) ..... sent to Vermont Service Center

01/28/2012.....NOA1 Hard Copy in Mail

07/31/2012.....NOA2.. 188 days update@USCIS

08/03/2012.....NOA2.. Hard Copy

09/04/2012.....Sent Email to Caracas Embassy for Interview date.. they had not contacted her

09/05/2012.....Embassy response.. with interview date!!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy!

10/17/2012.....INTERVIEW @Caracas Embassy... APPROVED!!

12/31/2012.....POE.. Miami, arrived to AUSTIN next day smile.png

02/16/2013.....Married!!

AOS - K1

05/06/2013.....I-465 & I-765 sent USPS priority mail

05/14/2013......Email, Text of Receiving package on 5/11

05/16/2013......Hard Copy of NOA1 received: I-465 and _I-765 Application for employment

05/20/2013...... Bio-metric hard-copy.
05/29/2013...... Biometric scheduled. . Austin office

07/15/2013...... EAD card arrived in mail today smile.png

10/20/2013...... Green Card approved! NOA hardcopy received!

10/31/2013...... Green Card Delivered!!

ROC-I-751
07/21/15 90 day Window Opens

07/24/15 I-751 Mailed to Cali. Service Center
09/03/15 Biometeric scheduled and completed

01/26/16 ROC Letter arrived
01/30/16 10 yr Green Card arrived

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

No, you your fiancee does not need a round trip ticket, however, it is cheaper to buy a round trip ticket than one way because it is almost twice the price of round trip in some cases. Think of of this way, if you are coming to marry your fiancee and live together, why would you be required by custom or immigration to have a round trip ticket? My wife came last year and we bought a round trip ticket because it was cheaper and we cancelled the other leg of the ticket which is valid for one year from the date of issue. The credit can be applied to a future round trip ticket purchase if planning to travel to Nigeria within a year. Good Luck in your journey of love and life.

Edited by Good Life

Timeline

Yes your Fiancee should have a round trip ticket. As far as travel agents I personally dont use them as they take there chunk of the money and its cheaper to schedule my own flights...

wrong...round trip is not required, it is cheaper to buy roundtrip in Nigeria than one way. He got a visa to come a nd marry and live, why would he be required to have a roundtrip ticket?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

wrong...round trip is not required, it is cheaper to buy roundtrip in Nigeria than one way. He got a visa to come a nd marry and live, why would he be required to have a roundtrip ticket?

1. a. The carrier will not transport to the United States any alien for admission as a nonimmigrant visitor under the Visa Waiver

Program unless such alien: (a) is a national of and is in possession of a valid passport issued by a country listed in Section

217.2 of Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations; (b) has been provided with a Visa Waiver Information Form; © seeks

admission into the United States for ninety (90) days or less; (d) has a valid, roundtrip, nontransferable, nonrefundable ticket3

(except in the country of issuance or nationality or residence of the alien), that is valid for one year for purposes of deportation

or exclusion, issued by a carrier signatory on Form I-775, Visa Waiver Program Carrier Agreement, or by authorized agents who

are sub-contractors to such a carrier, and guaranteeing transportation from the United States; (e) agrees that the return portion

of each ticket may be used to effect his or her removal from the United States based on a finding of excludability or deportability

under 8 CFR 217.4; (F) appears otherwise admissible to the United States.

Please also look up visa waiver program eligibility requirements it does indeed say that you need to have a round trip ticket

Now if he has visa in hand , then no the person will not need a round trip ticket , if that person has no visa and is using the VWP to visit then yes. If the country has no VWP I believe they would need a visa of some kind to enter the country anyways .

Edited by BKelly

Timeline

1. a. The carrier will not transport to the United States any alien for admission as a nonimmigrant visitor under the Visa Waiver

Program unless such alien: (a) is a national of and is in possession of a valid passport issued by a country listed in Section

217.2 of Title 8 of the Code of Federal Regulations; (b) has been provided with a Visa Waiver Information Form; © seeks

admission into the United States for ninety (90) days or less; (d) has a valid, roundtrip, nontransferable, nonrefundable ticket3

(except in the country of issuance or nationality or residence of the alien), that is valid for one year for purposes of deportation

or exclusion, issued by a carrier signatory on Form I-775, Visa Waiver Program Carrier Agreement, or by authorized agents who

are sub-contractors to such a carrier, and guaranteeing transportation from the United States; (e) agrees that the return portion

of each ticket may be used to effect his or her removal from the United States based on a finding of excludability or deportability

under 8 CFR 217.4; (F) appears otherwise admissible to the United States.

Please also look up visa waiver program eligibility requirements it does indeed say that you need to have a round trip ticket

Now if he has visa in hand , then no the person will not need a round trip ticket , if that person has no visa and is using the VWP to visit then yes. If the country has no VWP I believe they would need a visa of some kind to enter the country anyways .

He is coming with K1 visa

I see no post stating if they have K-1 visa , did I miss a post? at anyrate my above post clears that up.

First under the profile it states a K-1 visa; second, under the profile it is mentioned that they have rceived their NOA2; and third and most important, very few people from Nigeria get issued a tourist visa and they do not belong to the VWP. So by deduction this person will be travelling on a K-1 visa which will be in the passport, so a RT ticket is not required, but is usually cheaper.

Dave

Edited by Dave&Roza

Timeline

First under the profile it states a K-1 visa; second, under the profile it is mentioned that they have rceived their NOA2; and third and most important, very few people from Nigeria get issued a tourist visa and they do not belong to the VWP. So by deduction this person will be travelling on a K-1 visa which will be in the passport, so a RT ticket is not required, but is usually cheaper.

Dave

Not only that, the timeline indicates K1 visa approved. Thank you so much for your input and perfect understanding of the situation

We found that we couldn't just book online for Nigeria, without him having the credit card to show at the airport. I have heard a few that were able to, but I think they had to go in advance to the airport here and show the card there. We used AMR Travel out of Houston, their number is 713-952-4600. I know another lady on here used Adams Travel, they deal with Nigeria a lot too.

Timeline

Well I bought a one-way ticket from Turkey Airline for my fiancee and she is right here with me. She does not need a round trip ticket. You can call Diamond travels in Chicago if you need to confirm. I bought the ticket for my fiancee with them.

Dave

Don't forget...this is the K-1 forum. :P

Our K-1 and AOS Journey

05/12-05/22/10-met my sweetheart and family(had lots of fun!)
12/13-12/26/11-met again for engagement/Christmas
04/10/12-I-129F petition sent
04/13/12-USPS delivery confirmation
04/18/12-NOA1 text/email
04/21/12-NOA1(receipt 04/17/12)
10/10/12-NOA2 text
10/15/12-NOA2 letter received
10/27/12-NVC letter received
11/28/12-Medical Exam-PASSED
12/07/12-K-1 Interview-APPROVED

02/12/13-POE-Atlanta
03/04/13-Wedding
03/27/13-AOS,EAD,AP delivered
04/03/13-NOAs text/email
04/08/13-NOAs received
04/26/13-Biometrics appointment(walk-in done 04/17)

06/03/13-EAD card production/AP post decision approval

06/10/13-EAD/AP combo card received

04/04/14-AOS card production/decision

04/11/14-NOA2 welcome to the USA

04/12/14-Received GC

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.