formywife

Can I write Letter to Senator Regarding Delayed Citizenship Application

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Hi All,

I am LPR and I filed my N-400 on September 2012 and did my fingerprint on 1st week of October, 2012. Since then I have not heard anything from USCIS and my application status is on "Initial Review" Looks like they will never call me for interview. I am desperately waiting to be citizen so that I can upgrade my wife's I-130 Petition.

So, I called Senator office on Friday and Office Assistant asked me to fill a Privacy release form before she can help me and form contains my all personal details ( date of birth, address, SSN, etc). Office Assistant says I can write letter only after submitting that Privacy Release form. Is it ok to release those information and will she really help me to expedite my case? Will the Senator read my letter and take my case seriously since I am not USC? Also LPRs have to wait at least 2-3 years to get their spouse here, can I write about it to Senator, Does that help? I am really uncomfortable when it comes about releasing private information.

Please provide me your opinions. Thanks in advance for your response

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

Feb 17, 2012: Mailed I-130 Petition.

Feb 20, 2012: Received NOA 1 ( Priority Date Feb 18, 2012).

July 12, 2013: Requested USCIS to Upgrade petition from F2A to CR1.

July 27, 2013: USCIS sent confirmation email regarding upgrade.

July 29, 2013: I-130 Petition Approved dancin5hr.gifwow.gifdancin5hr.gifstar_smile.gifsmile.png

August 02, 2013: NOA 2 Received.

August 12, 2013: NVC Received the Petition

August 29, 2013: NVC Assigned the Case Number

September 4, 2013: AOS Bill Invoiced.

September 4, 2013: NVC requested to fill DS-261 via email.

September 4, 2013: Filed DS-261 online.

September 4, 2013: Paid AOS bill online.

September 6, 2013: NVC Accepted AOS bill payment.

September 6, 2013: Mailed I-864Ez to NVC

September 11, 2013: NVC Entered AOS Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

September 16, 2013: IV Bill Invoiced.

September 16, 2013: IV Bill Paid.

September 17, 2013: NVC Accepted IV Bill Payment.

September 19, 2013: Filed DS-260 Online

September 20, 2013: Mailed Civil Documents for IV application

September 23 ,2013 : NVC Entered Civil Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

October 1, 2013 : NVC Accepted AOS. smile.png

October 17, 2013: Case Complete smile.png

October 28, 2013: Interview Scheduled wow.gifdancin5hr.gif

December 11, 2013: Interview

December 26, 2013: Visa Received

January 4, 2014: POE, Chicago

Hi All,

I am LPR and I filed my N-400 on September 2012 and did my fingerprint on 1st week of October, 2012. Since then I have not heard anything from USCIS and my application status is on "Initial Review" Looks like they will never call me for interview. I am desperately waiting to be citizen so that I can upgrade my wife's I-130 Petition.

So, I called Senator office on Friday and Office Assistant asked me to fill a Privacy release form before she can help me and form contains my all personal details ( date of birth, address, SSN, etc). Office Assistant says I can write letter only after submitting that Privacy Release form. Is it ok to release those information and will she really help me to expedite my case? Will the Senator read my letter and take my case seriously since I am not USC? Also LPRs have to wait at least 2-3 years to get their spouse here, can I write about it to Senator, Does that help? I am really uncomfortable when it comes about releasing private information.

You should sign the relesse paper thats how you could expedited your n400 application peocessing. Senator office will not share your peesonal info to tge public. They are very seriouse about it. You can do the privacy act form without any doubt, I have done it before and they will helped me out about my wife's i130 case.

Good luck.

US CITIZENSHIP

12-20-2012: SENT N-400 APPLICATION

12-21-2012: RECEIVED N-400 APPLICATION

12-27-2012: CHECK CASHED

12-28-2012: NOA RECEIVED

01-08-2013: BIO-METRIC COMPLETED

01-14-2013: INTERVIEW IN LINE FOR SCHEDULED

04-10-2013: INTERVIEW SCHEDULE AT 7:30 AM, TAMPA OFFICE...APPROVED:)))

04-23-2013: OATH CEREMONY AT TAMPA 1 PM...FINALLY USC.....

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi All,

So, I called Senator office on Friday and Office Assistant asked me to fill a Privacy release form before she can help me and form contains my all personal details ( date of birth, address, SSN, etc). Office Assistant says I can write letter only after submitting that Privacy Release form. Is it ok to release those information and will she really help me to expedite my case? If you want help, then you must sign the release. Whether the Senator's office will help depends on the information you provide. Will the Senator read my letter and take my case seriously since I am not USC? As a future voter, the Senator's office will take you seriously. Also LPRs have to wait at least 2-3 years to get their spouse here, can I write about it to Senator, Does that help? Help with what? The wait is the wait. The Senator's office cannot help change the wait time. I am really uncomfortable when it comes about releasing private information.

Privacy laws does not allow USCIS to discuss your case with anyone - including the Senator's office.

If you want USCIS to discuss your case with the Senator's office, then you must sign the Privacy Release and provide personal information to identify your case. The Senator's office may be able to help you.

If you do not sign the Privacy Release, then there is no way the Senator's office can help you. USCIS will not be allowed to discuss your case with the Senator's office because you did not give permission by signing the Privacy Release.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Privacy laws does not allow USCIS to discuss your case with anyone - including the Senator's office.

If you want USCIS to discuss your case with the Senator's office, then you must sign the Privacy Release and provide personal information to identify your case. The Senator's office may be able to help you.

If you do not sign the Privacy Release, then there is no way the Senator's office can help you. USCIS will not be allowed to discuss your case with the Senator's office because you did not give permission by signing the Privacy Release.

That privacy release is a standard form, they must have it to help you. I used my congressman to move up my wife's interview date. Granted I know them and work with them often on a variety of other issues but we still had to fill out the form. It is a fairly standard form, VA uses it, State, DHS, and Congress, to name a few.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Senator's office can start immediately once they receive that privacy form. So call privacy law enacted in 1974, public law, 93-579 preventing one governmental agency from releasing information to another government agency without your permission.

And is it really that private, ha, anybody that will listen can hear about our immigration problems. Your name, address, SS and alien number, work and phone numbers, and a brief description of what your problem is and how you want your congressman or senator to help you. My God, you can find most of this information on the internet. I know they make a big deal about keeping your SS number secret. You can have mine if you want. only thing you can do with it is pay FICA taxes to the government that will benefit me. But don't try and get any benefits from it, nearly takes an act of congress to get that.

And of course, your senator or congressman has to know you are, where he can reach you, and needs your alien number before he can even speak to the USCIS. Without that, can't do anything!

With my stepdaughter's problems, emailed the form to her, she filled it out, emailed it back with her scanned signature, took all about five minutes before our senator's office could act on it. They, we also had to send the original form with her signature on it for their records, but they could act instantly with her scanned signature. Most important, they needed that information before they can do anything. Just can't call the USCIS and say one of my constituents is having a problem, but I don't have the slightest idea of whom that person is.

My wife and stepdaughter also gave their permission for me to operate in their behalf. With my wife, misplaced her application causing delays, within two hours of making my call, received an email for her oath ceremony, was on a Friday, scheduled her for an office ceremony the following Tuesday with apologies.

This privacy bit is getting ridiculous, take my wife or stepdaughter to the clinic because they are sick and not even suppose to know about it. How about protecting my privacy with the USCIS, they know more about me than I know about myself, or the IRS for that matter. But apparently, our congress that love to play around with other women, picked up some sort of VD and want to keep that from their wives. Therefore we have this privacy act.

Timeline

Hi All

Thank you very much for your response. I sent the Privacy release form and the lady told me that normally she gets response within 2 business days from USCIS.

Thank you all again.

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

July 29, 2013: I-130 Petition Approved dancin5hr.gifwow.gifdancin5hr.gifstar_smile.gifsmile.png

September 11, 2013: NVC Entered AOS Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

September 23 ,2013 : NVC Entered Civil Documents into their system for Review ( NVC Says it may take 30 business days to review)

Timeline

Hi Guys,

I have good news. My case status has been moved to "inline for interview" from "Initial review". That means asking Senator's office helped. But I dont know how long I will be in this stage :(

Thank you everyone for your responses. Really appreciate it. :)

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

Timeline

Finally ... Scheduled for interview .. after 4 months of waiting :) Hope interview goes well and wishing for same day oath :)

Wife's CR1 Visa Journey:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

USCIS doesn't like to mess with senators, in particular, if your senator just happens to be on that USCIS budget committee.

Good news, formywife.

timeline.gif

Full timeline can be seen in my profile

PAST - From K-1 to Citizenship (a love story)
K-1: Aug 12, 2006 to Jan 17, 2007 - mailed I-129F
AOS: Feb 26, 2007 - Jul 26, 2007
REMOVING CONDITIONS: May 4, 2009 - Oct 3, 2009
CITIZENSHIP: Nov 27, 2012 - May 9, 2013

Note: I immigrated from Canada, not T&T - the timeline is reflective of this.

PRESENT - IR-5 Story (reuniting a family)
I-130 for Parents - 2013
Aug ?? - mailed I-130 packages for both mother and father
Sept 10 - NOA1 date
Sept 16 - NOA1s received

Feb 25 - got emails saying that the cases had been transferred to another office for processing

Feb 26 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred to my local office for processing

Feb 28 - got emails saying that the cases have been transferred and are being processed

Mar 17 - got email, attached to one case number only, saying that my A number was changed relating to the I-130 filing

Mar 18 - got emails saying that the petitions are approved smile.png

Visit my website Dancing Light Stained Glass Studio to view my work.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.