Hisbaibe

Questions.Need help pls.

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have another question, I have been to few countries before,I heard that you need to get a police clearance in every country that you've been if you're applying for spouse visa. I have been to Hongkong for six months,Singapore for 3days,Thailand for 5days and Japan for 1year and 9 months.

Do I need to get police clearance from all of the places I mentioned?

And also what do I need to prepare if ever I will have my interview at the US embassy? Some say emails/chat logs. Do I need to print them?

I'm sorry I'm new to this and I'm kinda nervous. My husband will start the paper work probably next month cos he just started his new job. I'm hoping we won't wait for a long time to get a visa.

And I hope y'all can answer my questions.

Thanks in advance!:)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

in any country where ur stay was more than six month u have to get police certificate,not from those where u stay less than six month,and u have to get all proof about ur both contact like chat emails,phone calls and pic also,

Timeline

in any country where ur stay was more than six month u have to get police certificate,not from those where u stay less than six month,and u have to get all proof about ur both contact like chat emails,phone calls and pic also,

Thank you for the reply...

So it means I have to get one from Hongkong?

And how can get a police certificate?

About the emails/chat,do I have to print all of them?

I'm sorry if I have a lot of questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

Thank you for the reply...

So it means I have to get one from Hongkong?

And how can get a police certificate?

About the emails/chat,do I have to print all of them?

I'm sorry if I have a lot of questions.

No, you should print a selection of them over a period of time that will show regular contact and that you are behaving like a married couple.

For Hong Kong:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8994

Applications should be made in writing to:

The Commission of Police (Attn: EO CNCC)

14/F, Arsenal House

Police Headquarters, 1 Arsenal Street

Wan Chai, Hong Kong

An applicant residing outside Hong Kong must submit the following items. Please note that documents issued in languages other than Chinese or English, must be accompanied by an official transcript, in Chinese or English, endorsed either by the issuing authority or a certificated translation services body.

his/her Hong Kong Identity Card or valid travel document;

the original and a photocopy (for each applicant) of the letter from NVC which contains his/her name and the checklist of documents necessary for obtaining a visa (the one that references the need for police certificates);

the original and photocopy of a document proving his/her relationship with the principal applicant for the visa if item #2 does not contain the applicant's name;

a full set of the applicant's fingerprints taken and certified by a recognized and official police or law enforcement agency where the applicant currently resides. Certification of the fingerprints must clearly state: (i) the full name and rank of the person taking the prints, (ii) the full name of the police or law enforcement agency with their official chop; and (iii) the date and place the prints were taken. Prints that do not clearly show certification will be refused. Fingerprints taken by the applicant him/herself, a legal representative or private/commercial agency are also unacceptable;

a bank draft in the amount of HK$185 per person, made payable to "The Government of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region." The draft must be payable in Hong Kong. A personal check in Hong Kong dollars, which is issued an authorized by any licensed banks in Hong Kong, is also acceptable.

If an applicant is under investigation by the Hong Kong Police or is currently a defendant in criminal proceedings in Hong Kong or is subject to non-payment of fines including traffic offences, his/her application will not be further processed until the matter has been concluded.

The relevant application form, standard personal data form, and fingerprint consent form can be downloaded from the "Downloadable Forms" web page of "Certificate of No Criminal Conviction" on Hong Kong Police Force website. Any inquiries may be addressed to Certificate of No Criminal Conviction office, email: eo-cncc-ib@police.gov.hk, phone: +852-2860-6557 (for local residents); +852-2860-6558 (for overseas applicants), fax: +852-2200-4321. Please refer to www.police.gov.hk for further information and updates on police certificate from Hong Kong.

For Japan:

Applicants Outside of Japan: Former legal residents, former illegal aliens, and Japanese citizens, should apply at the nearest Japanese Consulate. Processing time: Two to three months.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8982

3/2/18  E-filed N-400 under 5 year rule

3/26/18 Biometrics

7/2019-12/2019 (Yes, 16- 21 months) Estimated time to interview MSP office.

Timeline

No, you should print a selection of them over a period of time that will show regular contact and that you are behaving like a married couple.

For Hong Kong:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8994

For Japan:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=8982

Thanks for the info:)

Should I get the one for Japan or should I wait till we start the paper works?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

just go any police station and ask for it.. or department of justice

Marriage : 07/22/2012

USCIS Process

09/16/2012: I-130 Sent

09/20/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Receipt txt)

09/24/2012: I-130 NOA1 (Hard copy)

09/25/2012: I-130 Case Transfer to (MSC)

11/08/2012: I-130 NOA2 in 44 days after NOA1

NVC:11/19/2012: I-130 @ NVC

12/05/2012: Case & IID asign

12/19/2012: AoS paid n send

12/20/2012: AoS received

02/18/2012: IV Paid

04/15/2013: IV send

04/16/2013: IV received

04/25/2013: NVC case complete

06/26/2013: NVC send email notification for interview

07/11/2013: Interview approved

09/06/2013: POE @ JFK

CRBA: 05/20/2013: Approved

6/8/2015 - Removal of conditions - sent off packet to VSC
6/9/20015 - I-751 received in VSC

6/12/2015 - NOA1

pe80i6s.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you need from Hongkong and japan sis

Distance never separates two hearts that really care, for our memories span the miles and in seconds we are there. But whenever I start feeling sad, because I miss you, I remind myself how lucky I am to have someone so special to miss .i love you baby"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Thanks for the info:)

Should I get the one for Japan or should I wait till we start the paper works?

If you haven't started the petition yet, wait. Some police certs are only valid for 6 months.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

You'll need it for HK and Japan. As stated, be mindful that they only have validity of 6 months from issuance but it takes about 30 days up to 3 months to get.

You'll need these forms and supporting docs at the time of interview and instruction to medical exam

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/manila/19452/public/Packet%204%20_appointment%20packet_%20English%20rtf%20_revised%20GSS_%20_2_%20rtf2_rtf__docx2.pdf

Good luck on your journey!

K1
05/22/12 - Mailed I-129F
08/17/12 - Approved I-129F NOA2 (85 days)
11/19/12 - Approved Visa!! (179 days)
12/01/12 - POE Honolulu, HI
12/21/12 - Wedding Day!
AOS, EAD and AP
01/05/13 - Mailed I-485, I-765 and I-131
01/09/13 - USCIS accepted case and received text
01/11/13 - Cashed check
01/08/13 - Received NOA1
01/18/13 - Received Biometrics Appointment Notice
01/22/13 - Early Biometrics Walk-in (scheduled Feb 7)
01/27/13 - We're pregnant!!
02/04/13 - Received Appointment Notice
03/04/13 - Approved EAD and AP (58 days)
03/12/13 - Received EAD and AP combo card
03/12/13 - Interview and Approved GC (63 days)
03/20/13 - Received Green Card

10/3/13 - Baby #1 arrived

2/17/14 - Pregnant again! LOL

10/20/14 - Baby #2 arrived
ROC
01/09/15 - Mailed I-751

01/12/15 - NOA

01/16/15 - Received NOA Letter

01/20/15 - Mailed DMV 1yr Extension

02/05/15 - Received Biometrics Letter

02/09/15 - Early Bio (Walk-IN)

02/19/15 - Biometrics Appointment

06/15/15 - Approved
06/15/15 - Card Ordered and Mailed

08/22/15 - Card Received

N-400 on or after 12/15/15

and they'll live happily ever, ever after...
Relationship Journey: Our pursuit to happiness

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.