Teague

Do you think I am gonna wait for approval for yrs?

22 posts in this topic

I know I have been a member of this forum for a while.. But still there is the side of me still thinking if they are still gonna approve my papers.. I know they will but the question is when? 2 years from now , 3 years or 5 years or what! The longest I saw here was 1 year and 6 months.,. I can hold on to that but not 2 years and beyond.. I am almost 10 months this January and made everything already.. sigh!

That really is a long time to wait for your NOA2. What have you done to try and move the process forward for you? Have you been given any reason? Try not to lose faith,you will get there. I honestly think the visa process is designed to make you give up,its complicated and illogical and causes such stress on even the very best of relationships. Keep in mind why you started this journey and focus only on that. Good luck :thumbs:

event.png"]My link[/url]

[/url]"]My link[/url]ur[l=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

event.png

[/url]

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Has the USC contacted their congressman to sort out this wait?

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Yes we did congress, senator and ombudsman.. everytime they call USCIS, they just repeat on whatever the USCIS told them, and they just told us wait cuz they have nothing more to say or do.. The hold up is they said they need additional review for my case for another 2 mos.. so that is 10 plus 2 months.. My one year will be this March.. one year of waiting.. damn!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

You make me feel more deseperated.From picture,You have baby.How can they ignore baby need father?

Thanks God!

08-29-2006,Met my handsome hubby online(A down to earth,smart and kind guy looking for a compassionate chinese girl)

05-17-2010 had wedding ceremony
05-23-2012 Got marriage certificate
08-08-2012 Sent to Chicago lockbox,CR1
08-16-2012 got text message and email.Keep waiting.No NOA1 hardcopy.So we called.
09-17-2012 about this time,got NOA1 hard copy.Priority day August 13th
04-01-2013 cool,NOA2 approved.We both very excited.

05-28-2013 After waiting for almost 2months,Just noticed The NOA2 is wrong.Called USCIS to correct it.

06-11-2013 NVC recieved

06-24-2013 GUZ casefile number assiged

06-25-2013 Pay AOS fee,DS-3032 OPTIN email sent

07-11-2013 OPTIN accepted,Got GZO number

07-15-2013 Got IV fee email

07-16-2013 Paid IV fee

07-19-2013 AOS set sent

07-22-2013 DS-230 IV set sent

08-10-2013 Checklist cover letter

08-13-2013 Sent back the correction AOS

09-25-2013 Checlist cover letter again.But said no need to send back to NVC.just correct it and take to Interview

09-26-2013 Got interview date. November 25th

that is exactly my point.. :( and they all ignore our expedite for my baby needs surgery in the states ( Senator, Congress, Ombudsman) these people are heartless! I know they are not doing their job cuz my papers is sitting in their desk for 10 months now.. Thank you for sympathizing with me.. I am praying we all get approved! In Jesus name I proclaim it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

I know I have been a member of this forum for a while.. But still there is the side of me still thinking if they are still gonna approve my papers.. I know they will but the question is when? 2 years from now , 3 years or 5 years or what! The longest I saw here was 1 year and 6 months.,. I can hold on to that but not 2 years and beyond.. I am almost 10 months this January and made everything already.. sigh!

Hi again! You are not alone. It will be exactly 9 months of our waiting on January, 12.

Thanks Paul and Oxana.. you are such a good person .. We are all in the same boat Vermont Filers

Teague, you and the other long waiters are in my thoughts. I'm so sorry for what you are going through.

Does anyone have any statistical breakdown or chart on how many applications are approved before the expected time, around the expected time, after the expected time, significantly after the expected time, something like that?

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

Does anyone have any statistical breakdown or chart on how many applications are approved before the expected time, around the expected time, after the expected time, significantly after the expected time, something like that?

Saylin has some stats, but you'll have to interpret and extrapolate it to see the data points you are seeking.

Bonus points for you for finding it in her signature or in a Monthly NVC Thread ;)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Any movement this week?

Didn't you have to respond to an RFE? What's the status on that?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Ok.. My husband said, the expedite was denied 1st week of dec 2012.. at the end of dec we had a service request respond saying they will need another additional review within 2 months.. and then 1st week of January we received email again that the additional review is another 6months.. well , I really dont get them,, they make me confuse.. Do you have idea someone who been with this and got approval eventually?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.