Bad_Daddy

White House considers broader U.S. gun control: report

33 posts in this topic

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The White House is weighing a far broader approach to curbing U.S. gun violence than just reinstating a ban on assault weapons and high-capacity magazines, the Washington Post reported on Sunday.

It appears that reinstating the assault weapons ban is definitely in the works. :thumbs:

It appears that reinstating the assault weapons ban is definitely in the works. :thumbs:

It will be DOA if they continue that non sense.

Don't count on it.

233 Republican's in the House of Reps

200 Democrats in the House of Reps

You were saying?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: Timeline

233 Republican's in the House of Reps

200 Democrats in the House of Reps

You were saying?

Certain issues cut across party lines. Many of those east coast Republican's turn very liberal, on issues like abortion, gun control, and environment/eminent domain vs. property rights, while many west coast and mid-western Democrat's suddenly discover they have testicles.

Edited by The Patriot

Filed: Other Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Certain issues cut across party lines. Many of those east coast Republican's turn very liberal, on issues like abortion, gun control, and environment/eminent domain vs. property rights, while many west coast and mid-western Democrat's suddenly discover they have testicles.

Remember to that much of what DF has been discussing is far beyond the original AWB. In all likelihood its going to encroach on any gun user. For this reason alone, it will all gain traction from only a few.

:thumbs:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I don't think the assault weapons ban made much of a difference...

Do criminals really go to practice target shooting at a range,??? I could do more damage with my bolt action, 30-06 (5 round mag) and my Ruger GP100, than a mental case with an AR-15 and a glock..

I wouldn't argue against a ban on 30 round mag, or purchase of more than one firearm per month..

However, I believe people should be allowed to own an AK-47, if they pass a criminal and mental health investigation..

Yes, Chicago has very tough firearms laws... but the gangbangers go out of state to get their weapons at gun shows and then return to Chicago with a truck load full of firearms.. So there is the case to close the gun show loophole...

Do criminals really go to practice target shooting at a range,??? I could do more damage with my bolt action, 30-06 (5 round mag) and my Ruger GP100, than a mental case with an AR-15 and a glock..

I wouldn't argue against a ban on 30 round mag, or purchase of more than one firearm per month..

However, I believe people should be allowed to own an AK-47, if they pass a criminal and mental health investigation..

Yes, Chicago has very tough firearms laws... but the gangbangers go out of state to get their weapons at gun shows and then return to Chicago with a truck load full of firearms.. So there is the case to close the gun show loophole...

Save us, Batman. You're the hero we need.

You left off the deserve part.

But not the one we deserve..?

Is that how it goes? Gah, I forget.

Edited by Evylin

Geez, I dunno, the name Adam Lanza comes to mind.

Filed: Other Timeline

If we had a national gun registry, and stricter background checks, and outlaw the purchase of magazines holding more than 10 rounds, would the latest school shooting not have taken place?

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915