AJabad

AOS pending (Emergency leaving Guam back to California)

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone?? Does anyone has a good knowledge of this situation????? My wife still has her AOS Pending, has done her interview and gave the RFE etc etc.... Now can she travel from Guam to US Mainland? Does she still have to fill out an Advance Parole since we're flying out from Guam US Territory to US Mainland??? Please share your knowledge and a single feedback may help out. thank you very muchh......

It would be a flight from Guam to Los Angeles then San Diego. But guam does not have a direct flight from Guam to Los Angeles...

That's correct, there are no direct flights, she would have to stop somewhere. If it's Honolulu (on United) then yes she is fine. If it's via Japan or anywhere else in Asia (Delta or any of the other airlines) then no she can't do that without AP. So in short - yes she can but only on United via Honolulu. United also fly via Japan so make sure you purchase the ticket that flies via Honolulu. Or get emergency AP first, then she can travel on any flight.

Edited by Lainie B

Thanks much a lot for the info. We will make an infopass to USCIS and see if we could get her AP expedited just to be on a safe side. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

That's a good idea. You never know what might happen - the plane could get diverted.

Thanks much a lot for the info. We will make an infopass to USCIS and see if we could get her AP expedited just to be on a safe side. Thanks a lot for the feedback.

That's a good idea. You never know what might happen - the plane could get diverted.

Timeline

Hello everyone. Just kind of wondering. My wifes K-1 and I-94 has already expired and we're planning on leaving Guam next week to fly back to San Diego California. United Arlines is the only flight availabe from Guam to Honolulu and Honolulu to Los Angeles. Since we're flying within the US Continental. Would my wife encounter any problem upon arriving to Honolulu and Los Angeles since her K-1 Visa expired already? She already went through an AOS interview and is a matter of getting an approval from the mail for her GC. I read a couple information that she may need to present her AOS NOA1 and our Marriage Certificate. Please we need your help if she will be able to travel within the US.. Thank you..

Timeline

Thanks for the info again.. here's another question? My wife's K-1 Visa expired in Aug 2012 and her I-94 also expired but the only documentation we have is her AOS I-797C but we are still waiting for her AOS approval letter for her GC. Would I-797C receipt for biometric and our marriage license sufficient enough to show her status? . Would her expired K-1 visa give us some problems upon entry to Honolulu and LA? Hope they wont give my wife a hard time upon entry...

Timeline

My wife entered as a K-1 visa holder here in Guam but we got married within 90 days and filed for AOS. It's just a matter of waiting on her GC. I read some information here that K-1 who already applied for a change of status are allowed to travel within the US Continental as long that you don't cross around other countries like Japan. This is an emergency situation that needing us to fly back to San Diego?????

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

The K-1 visa was "dead on arrival" when your then-fiancee used it to enter the U.S. Assuming that you married within the 90 days of her entry, the I-94's expiration is trumped by her AOS I-797C. That notice plus your marriage certificate (not license) should be more than adequate to enable her re-entry from Guam. Confirm this during your InfoPass appointment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Hi VJ members. Hope everyone here could answer my question. My husband gotten into a work related accident on Dec. 10, 2012 which he had to undergo a surgery. Since he's out of work for awhile he decided that it would be better for us to move back to San Diego California close to his family member to look out for us for awhile during his surgery recovery. Now, Do I still need to apply for advance parole since we're flying from Guam to Honolulu to LAX? My 2 year old son is already a US Citizen also as my husband. The only concern is that I'm still waiting for my K-1 AOS approval letter for my GC and seems like it's taking little longer than we expected. Hope someone here could help us out.

If you go via Honolulu you will remain within the US the whole trip. Therefore you will be fine without AP.

I've flown this route back and forth many times myself.

Edited by Lainie B

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.