AKSinghSingh79

January 2013 I-130 Filers

703 posts in this topic

Lawyer sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox last week (Monday) not sure when it was received but checked bank account today and they have withdrawn the fee! Waiting on noa1 hard copy now since I did not send out the email/text notification form. How long did it take everyone after their checks were cashed to receive noa1 hard copy. I won't be happy until I have that paper in my hand and know where my application got sent to.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Lawyer sent I-130 to Chicago lockbox last week (Monday) not sure when it was received but checked bank account today and they have withdrawn the fee! Waiting on noa1 hard copy now since I did not send out the email/text notification form. How long did it take everyone after their checks were cashed to receive noa1 hard copy. I won't be happy until I have that paper in my hand and know where my application got sent to.

First of all, congrats! Your visa process has officially begun! :star: Lots of luck!

And you should get your NOA1 within a week or two. Sometimes you get it within a couple of days, and for others it takes a few weeks. The important thing is that they cashed the fee, meaning they HAVE received the case. :thumbs:

USC who lived in Manabí, Ecuador with hubby from 2009 - 2013. Hubby became a naturalized American citizen in August 2016. Currently living together in northern Virginia.

For full timeline, see "about me".

Latest Dates

N-400 Filing - 03/14/2016

NOA - 03/15/2016

Biometrics - 04/13/2016

In Line - 05/11/2016

Interview Notice - 06/03/2016

Interview Date - 07/11/2016

Oath - 08/29/2016

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I have a ton of free time so I made an InfoPass appointment for Friday. The Pitt office is ridiculously close to me anyways. I'd like to specifically know if Pitt has been processing standalone I-130 and the timeframe on processing. Also going to ask if they can make any sense of this whole cluster at the service centers.

Hey it's worth a try. I'll post updates if I gather any relevant information.

I am the petitioner.

VMETm4.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Yeah, it takes some time. Ours was priority mail from a USPS in Japan 15th of January, which is a notch above the regular mail... But they sent us notice of receipt via email 10 days after. Check was cashed 2 or 3 days after that email notice. NOA 1 hard copy received only today! So, don't fret yet! ;)

It's been 9 days today for us. I hope we will receive the email before the end of the week. I check 10 times a day lol :bonk:

It's been 9 days today for us. I hope we will receive the email before the end of the week. I check 10 times a day lol :bonk:

Haha! I check once a day now. Used to be 5x. Haha! Don't worry. It will come :)

Ours took about a week. But we are overseas, so I'm not sure if it applies to you :)

I have a ton of free time so I made an InfoPass appointment for Friday. The Pitt office is ridiculously close to me anyways. I'd like to specifically know if Pitt has been processing standalone I-130 and the timeframe on processing. Also going to ask if they can make any sense of this whole cluster at the service centers.

Hey it's worth a try. I'll post updates if I gather any relevant information.

Yeah, it is :) good luck! Hope everything goes well :)

“The fact that we are here and that I speak these words is an attempt to break that silence and bridge some
of those differences between us, for it is not difference which immobilizes us, but silence.
And there are so many silences to be broken.”

Audre Lorde

We finally get noa1 through mail. We sent I-130 jan 25 ,Uscis received it jan 29 our noa1 jan 31 :-) our journey begins .....

qshs34wskuq.png

event.png

Timeline

You guys will be lucky. I130 filed from abroad get approved quickest

Yea I've read that too. I seems that it's not automatic and sometimes, people just go through the regular line. We'll see but it's true that we have more chances to get approved faster and it's not really hard to prove our relationship since we live together since almost 2 years.

This has just started to appear in red bold print on the USCIS website when i check our case status:

"Expect a 30-45-day delay between when your application or petition is filed and when your information is available in Case Status Online, depending on the volume of applications USCIS receives."

Edited by fcat

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey Pw3t! I am also living abroad with my husband, and we just filed out petition a few days ago. So, hopefully we will get approved at around the same time, and hopefully it will be quick! Good luck!

Yea I've read that too. I seems that it's not automatic and sometimes, people just go through the regular line. We'll see but it's true that we have more chances to get approved faster and it's not really hard to prove our relationship since we live together since almost 2 years.

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

This has just started to appear in red bold print on the USCIS website when i check our case status:

"Expect a 30-45-day delay between when your application or petition is filed and when your information is available in Case Status Online, depending on the volume of applications USCIS receives."

Darn.. I dont like the sound of that. :/

I'm the beneficiary.

USCIS
02/05/13 - Sent I-130 to Chicago Lockbox
02/14/13 - I-130 delivered
02/19/13 - NOA1 email, routed to NBC smile.png
03/29/13 - NOA2! (38 days from NOA1)
04/03/13 - Shipped to NVC

NVC
04/09/13 - NVC received
04/17/13 - Case number and IIN received
04/17/13 - Sent DS3032 email
04/23/13 - AoS fee invoiced and paid
04/24/13 - Resent DS3032 (Supervisor review), accepted within the hour

04/25/13 - IV fee invoiced

04/30/13 - IV fee paid

04/30/13 - IV and AOS packages sent together

05/02/13 - Packages delivered

05/13/13 - Expedite request sent

05/14/13 - IV packet accepted

05/16/13 - Expedite granted

05/21/13 - Case sent to embassy

Embassy

05/24/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to DHL)

05/29/13 - Case arrived at embassy (according to embassy) Interview date scheduled!

06/05/13 - Medical

06/14/13 - Interview - APPROVED!

07/22/13 - POE Atlanta

Timeline

Hey Pw3t! I am also living abroad with my husband, and we just filed out petition a few days ago. So, hopefully we will get approved at around the same time, and hopefully it will be quick! Good luck!

Yea I hope it will be quick too. I read that it seems even faster when it's routed to the NBC. Good luck to you too B-)

Darn.. I dont like the sound of that. :/

Mine didn't show up for 57 days. It's not that unusual.

I'm a dual US/Hungarian citizen (both by birth; Hungarian citizenship verification TBA), and my husband is a dual British/Irish citizen (by treaty) from Northern Ireland. We are atheists.

All advice is given pursuant to the Disclaimer that you may read at the bottom of each forum page.

LATEST STEPS:

28 Jun 2013: POE Houston

08 Jul 2013: SSN received (at SSA office)

07 Aug 2013: Green Card received

27 Feb 2014: Whoa, life happened. Planning move "back home" together to Republic of Ireland by end of April.

29 Apr 2014: POE Dublin through Heathrow

15 May 2014: Received formal residency/work permission (GNIB card with Stamp 4, one year renewable) for the ROI

For my FULL timeline, see my "About Me" page.

For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love. (Carl Sagan)

Timeline

So...

On Feb 8th, our file got approved in only 31 days!

So happy, we are waiting to receive the paper NOA2 now for further instructions.

Hope your applications will follow soon.

09/2008: Met in France
12/2009: Wedding in France
Since then: Living and working together in France

USCIS:
01/15/2013: Got our official NOA1
02/08/2013: Got an email stating our I-130 was approved followed by the snail mail NOA2

NVC:
03/2013: Received the AOS and IV bill ==> Paid all bills and decided to wait before filing the AOS and civil documents for personnal reasons.

10-11/2013: AOS & Civil documents were sent to NVC

12/19/2013: RFE on AOS

01/12/2014: New AOS was sent

02/10/2014: Received appointment letter

Embassy:

03/12/2014: Interview: approved

03/14/2014: CEAC website went from Ready to AP to Issued!

03/18/2014: Visa in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.