darvish

can someone plz help

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the welcome letter doesn't get you anything.

for now, call into USCIS, ask the human that answers the phone

about the green card shipment, and ask for the USPS tracking number,

then report back here what you learned.

Thanks !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Darnell is correct, if it was just the welcome letter you are fine, it jsut says welcome to the USA basically. Do make sure they didn't also get the greencard though, or the SSN (they come in separate envelopes but often around the same time)

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

I did and i think my parents lost the card too. I dont know what to do now. Anyone plz?

What was your parents excuse for loosing both the welcome letter and the card? Did they not realize the importance of all the documents that are sent to you ? They just have to look a bit harder to find it. I hope it hasn't been binned. Phone and ask for advice how you can obtain another card.

Good Luck.

http://www.immigrationdirect.com/greencard/replace-expired-green-card-Form-I-90.jsp?r=ga-cpc-gcard_us-green_card_lost:m=p&gclid=CILGt8L6z7QCFY-d4AodgQQAzw

Timeline

I did and i think my parents lost the card too. I dont know what to do now. Anyone plz?

Call into USCIS.

Ask when the greencard was mailed. If they show notice that it was sent via USPS, there will be a tracking number.

Get the tracking number, then look it up at www.usps.com

Then let us know what's what, aye?

Please, I beg of you, read and use a telephone. TIA !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I guess technically USPS is at fault but you have no way to prove that as the stuff wasn't sent on recorded delivery.

How long ago did they send it? Maybe it is just taking a long time because of the holidays.

If it is truly lost, you will need to file for a replacement card which is costly. Before you do, change your address!

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Filed: Timeline

I guess technically USPS is at fault but you have no way to prove that as the stuff wasn't sent on recorded delivery.

How long ago did they send it? Maybe it is just taking a long time because of the holidays.

If it is truly lost, you will need to file for a replacement card which is costly. Before you do, change your address!

well it was sent through Certified mail.

Timeline

I am getting confused. In your first post, you didn't even seem sure what was sent and now you are sure it was the greencard and it was sent certified mail?

If they sent it certified mail, there should be a record of them sending it and if they sent it with delivery confirmation also who (if anyone) received it.

Edited by Penguin_ie

mod penguin.jpg

Timeline

your parents sent something certified. certified with a tracking number or no ?

You should chase it down with your parents and USPS.

This kind of stuff, though, is really important - you should have told your parents to hold your mail, and then YOU show up to claim it, at their house.

well this is what happened. it was recieved at my parent's house and my parents sent those to my address but USPS lost them. they cant even track this. I wanna know what I can do here? is it USPS fault? what do i need to tell USCIS?

I like the new story.

but I sense there's still more to it than you are telling.

Tell more, please?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.