Djarian2000

K1 applied, stuck with one Q

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

On our k1 visa application we checked the box to "no" where it says that have you ever applied for USA visa before?

Later I found out that my fiancée indeed entered her name in a lottery visa few years ago but she did not think it's considered as applying for a USA visa.

What you guys think? I will correct the info on DS forms if our application get approved, but should I send a letter to USCIS to update my info?

Any feedback is appreciated!

On our k1 visa application we checked the box to "no" where it says that have you ever applied for USA visa before?

Later I found out that my fiancée indeed entered her name in a lottery visa few years ago but she did not think it's considered as applying for a USA visa.

What you guys think? I will correct the info on DS forms if our application get approved, but should I send a letter to USCIS to update my info?

Any feedback is appreciated!

Where is the box located? I don't see the question even asked on the I-129F form.

barata-gif-3.gif

I think there was a place for it where they inquired about it. I hope I am not mixing it up with DS forms. I just got panicked a little :(

I just started the process myself, but from what I can see on the I-129F, all they ask is if the US Citizen ever applied for a visa for a fiance or husband/wife before, not if the fiance has applied for a visa before. So yeah, I think that question comes up on the DS forms instead, so you're good.

Edited by leonsandiego

barata-gif-3.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband had applied for the visa lottery a couple of years before we met..... I don't know if it effected our K-1 or not, I never bothered to find out why it was sent back.... And my husband was never asked about it at the K-1 interview or the CR-1 interview...

8QTYm5.png

FXz7m5.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Actually, I'm interested in that question too.

From what I understand, applying to the Diversity Lottery thing, only gives you a chance to enter the competition and if you are actually selected, then you apply for a Visa.

Am I right?

Can someone confirm that, please?

Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 225 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS

NOA1: 07/18/13

Biometrics: 08/13/13

EAD/AP approved: 09/17/13

AOS Interview: 10/10/13 (approved)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Greece
Timeline

Yes.

Thank you!

So it doesn't actually count as a ''visa application''.

Your I-129f was approved in 85 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 225 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS

NOA1: 07/18/13

Biometrics: 08/13/13

EAD/AP approved: 09/17/13

AOS Interview: 10/10/13 (approved)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

No worries you should be fine. Good luck on your VJ.

Vermont Service Center

Marriage : 2012-12-05 In Morocco

2012-04-12: I-130 Sent

2012-04-16: USCIS Received

2012-04-16: I-130 NOA1

2012-11-28: I-130 Approved (226 days)

2012-12-05: NVC Received

2012-12-12: E-mailed Completed DS-3032

2012-12-17: Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill

2012-12-17: Pay I-864 Bill

2012-12-19: Send Completed I-864

2012-12-20: NVC Accepted DS-3032

2012-12-24: NVC Received I-864 Package

2012-12-21: Received IV Bill

2012-12-21: Pay IV Bill

2012-12-27: IV Packet Sent (UPS Express Mail)

2012-12-28: NVC Received IV Packet

2013-01-08: AOS Package accepted

2013-01-10: IV Accepted

2013-01-10: Case Completed at NVC

2013-01-31: Received Instruction Package

2013-03-07: Interview Date

2013-03-07: Visa Approved

2013-03-11: Visa Received

2013-04-01: US Entry

2013-xx-xx: SSN Received

2013-xx-xx: Green Card Received

event.png

event.png

you and your fiance should correct this question because i had friend apllied for k1 and before he tried many times to immigrate (lottry) he has to correct everything he applied later in morocco embassy and he lost too much time

request for correction now better than in the futur

Source

Friend's experience

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.