irishman

I-751 reguest for more evidence

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hi everybody,

It's been a while.

So we got the blue request for more evidence papers a while ago.

Just gathering our stuff now.

A few ideas.

The wife and myself lead a rather unconventional life. We're both musicians.Since i moved here my wife has been the bread winner with me playing a supporting role at home.I've been living off my savings. I'm not a car owner/driver (never been inclined), we haven't even thought about a will yet, our utilities are included in our rent.We have a small joint account with the money we graciously recieved from both our families and that has remained untouched since.

So basically I agree there is not much on paper money wise.

We're submitting a joint lease, a letter from our landlord, letter from my mother in law, a letter from friends who rented out their holiday cottage to us for our honeymoon (with copy's of our email correspondence on that matter),postcards,birthday cards etc,mail to each of us at out address, tonnes of photos and here's where i think it gets interesting....a telephone book size stack of printed loving emails stretching back to 2006 to the present day.

Also included is a smaller stack of emails between myself and my loving mother in law (if the poor wee printer holds up).

Has anybody submitted such a barrage of printed emails before.

Love to all of you out there in visa land and a happy new year

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Copies of credit card statements? Both names? Store credit cards? Debit cards? Joint Bank account statements? I think a telephone book size of emails may not be the best choice. They are looking to see if the marriage is bona fide. Love letters are great but do not prove that point.But use what you got, just cull it down a bit. No one is going to read all that anyway.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How do you pay the rent? Does it come out of a joint account? Provide statements of that joint account with the rent payment highlighted. What about insurance policies or health coverage? You need to show how you are sharing your assets and your liabilities, not just a 'relationship'. You may wish to write your wills even at this late date as it shows some sort of further legal commitment between the two of you. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here was a good post on ROC:Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:12 PM I like to classify the ROC evidence into 3 categories. I will organize each piece of evidence you have into them:

1. Evidence of Cohabitation:

(a) Drivers License listing both of your addresses (very strong)

- also can help: Affidavits from your parents and sister stating you are living with them with the time period (strong)

2. Evidence of Financial Comingling:

(a) Joint Income Tax return transcripts (very strong)

(b) Joint Bank accounts (try to send selected statements covering the 2 years since you got the green card) (strong)

3. Evidence of a Bonafide Marriage:

(a) Letter/ultrasound from your doctor stating that you are pregnant (very strong)

(b) Affidavits from your family regarding your bonafide marriage (OK) I would do friends, accountant, insurance agent.

You can send the paystubs, but they are not considered very strong evidence. You also add letter from your spouse's employer listing you as an emergency contact, health/dental/vision/life/car insurances listing any of you as beneficiaries, any IRA/ stock accounts etc if you have any

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Timeline

Thanks very much ladies and gentlemen for the info so far.

Bigdog- listing me as emergency contact on the letter from my wife's employer is a great tip thanks.

I suppose the issue remains that we are somewhat unconventional in our lifestyle. There's basically very little financial co mingling on paper in our case due to me being the "house husband" and living off my cash savings that i brought with me.

It's sad reflection indeed when years of unguarded personal emails clearly reflecting our devotion to each other counts for far less than a.......trust or a joint investment fund or some such.

Actually.. on that matter i know of NONE of our friends who have such stuff yet, let alone children.

Perhaps a sign of the times.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

Irishman

The thought occurred to me that love letters of any kind may be construed negatively.If you are married and living together why the letters? I would suspect those words are better being heard. No? Also, at this point in time, they are more interested in proof from the time you AOS'ed to now. Not prior. You did that already. I am doing my 751 now as well. My documentation is also a bit limited. Like you she does not drive, therefore no license. So we both need to dig a bit deeper to show the relationship is real. Maybe we should invite the officers over for coffee?

Timeline

Irishman

The thought occurred to me that love letters of any kind may be construed negatively.If you are married and living together why the letters? I would suspect those words are better being heard. No? Also, at this point in time, they are more interested in proof from the time you AOS'ed to now. Not prior. You did that already. I am doing my 751 now as well. My documentation is also a bit limited. Like you she does not drive, therefore no license. So we both need to dig a bit deeper to show the relationship is real. Maybe we should invite the officers over for coffee?

Enigma,

They're not letters. They're printed emails/g chats, mainly mundane day to day stuff,full of little detail about who's cooking tonight or thoughts on the neighbors, weather......You know, the stuff real married couples talk about.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Enigma,

They're not letters. They're printed emails/g chats, mainly mundane day to day stuff,full of little detail about who's cooking tonight or thoughts on the neighbors, weather......You know, the stuff real married couples talk about.

At this point USCIS is looking more at the financial side, I think. Letters, etc are more for AOS.

I know you are in quite a predicament, but I guess at this point scrounge up what you can.

Affidavits come to mind, I guess... maybe something else others will think of.

Best of luck!

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.