MT&SEL__

Bring my mom and sister for a visit

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm a premanent resident and my husband is a US citizen and we could like to bring my mother, sister and her 1 year old son for a visit but they dont have enough financial prooves to support their applications. Me and my husband have very good jobs in the US and can definetly support their stay here. My questions are:

- Can we sponsor them i mean we can provide documents(tax/paystubs/invitation letter) to show our incomes?

- We want them to have the same appointment interview day, does that mean they will have to fill the same application?

Can anybody guid me on the steps i need to fill for them please.

Thanks alot

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I'm a premanent resident and my husband is a US citizen and we could like to bring my mother, sister and her 1 year old son for a visit but they dont have enough financial prooves to support their applications. Me and my husband have very good jobs in the US and can definetly support their stay here. My questions are:

- Can we sponsor them i mean we can provide documents(tax/paystubs/invitation letter) to show our incomes?

- We want them to have the same appointment interview day, does that mean they will have to fill the same application?

Can anybody guid me on the steps i need to fill for them please.

Thanks alot

you cannot sponsor them for a tourist visa, they have to prove ties to their own country and financial ties on their own merits. one application per person.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

you cannot sponsor them for a tourist visa, they have to prove ties to their own country and financial ties on their own merits. one application per person.

Why you just do your citizenship first, it takes about 5 months, and after that u can filed a petition for your mom and your sister, because as a permanent resident you dont have any legal rights.

And for your mom will be very fast, for your sister you may have to wait 10+ years, she can try to apply for a tourist visa but she has to proof that she has important things in her country to come back.

How long you have been a PR?

Chef CC

07/16/12 sent I130

11/23/12 I130 approved

12/10/12 NVC sent AOS and DS3032

12/10/12 paid AOS

12/17/12 sent DS261 email

12/26/12 AOS approved and DS261

12/26/27 NVC sent DS260 invoice

12/28/27 paid IV ...

13/16/01 sent documents to NVC

13/29/01 need new I864a (wrong info)

13/12/02 got letter of appt at embassy

13/11/03 medical exam

13/20/03 interview... 221g, need one document

13/21/03 sent passport and document to DHL

13/22/03 documents arrived at Peru Embassy

13/03/04 Visa approved

13/03/04 Visa at DHL Lima Peru

13/05/04 Visa in hand!!

13/05/04 Paid new inmigration fee ($165.00)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

LPR's have almost all the legal rights as a USC, except the right to vote. When it comes to immigration they don't have as many visas alloted to them but that isn't about a lack of rights it is about an attempt at controlling the population growth of the US and fairly dividing the available visas amoungst those that want them

This will not be over quickly. You will not enjoy this.

Timeline

Why you just do your citizenship first, it takes about 5 months, and after that u can filed a petition for your mom and your sister, because as a permanent resident you dont have any legal rights.

And for your mom will be very fast, for your sister you may have to wait 10+ years, she can try to apply for a tourist visa but she has to proof that she has important things in her country to come back.

How long you have been a PR?

a year and 6 months now

Timeline

My dad has very good income and some properties, can he sponsor both my mom and sister because both of them do not work.

Does he have to apply for a tourist visa too to take his documents into consideration or they(mom & sis) can just add his documents to their applications?

Can you give me examples of financial proofs they need to have.

Edited by MT&SEL__

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.