VSC_Sucks

Why USCIS Consolidating I130 & I129f (K3 visa) petitions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

first i would like to say that VJ is a great forum from where we can get lots of information and help through other members who experience the same issues and concerns.I have been watching this very closely since we filled the petition but this is the first topic i am posting here. I don't understand why VSC consolidate both petitions(I130 and I129f) with different timelines. I know we have made a mistake that we filled I129f later on July 7,2012 for K3, it is closed now at NVC but then why the hell USCIS accepting it and combine with I130 just to make the immigrant pissed off? CAN anyone with same experience suggest us now what to do?

FYI--we have tried service request (once) and our congressman (once) and got the same reply from both that they are processing both petitions at same time and we would allow them 60 days to process this but didn't hear anything as yet.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The I129F was introduced when the I130 was taking literally years to adjudicate. It was designed for the immigrant to wait in the US, reunited with his/her family, while the lengthy process took place.

Now that the I130 is processed quickly, it really negates the I129F. While it is still on the books and thus accepted by USCIS, the quicker processing times of the I130 have basically made the I129F obsolete.

I am sorry, I wish you had found this site earlier where we could have explained this to you

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

canadian_wife is referring to the I-129F used in the K-3 process, the I-129F is still required in the K-1 process!

Education is what you get from reading the small print. Experience is what you get from not reading it.

The Liberal mind is where logic goes to die!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

What do you mean by the I129f is basically obsolete?

The OP was talking about the I130 and the I129F, the spousal petitions. The I129F is still the only avenue for the fiance visa

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

two different froms, the 1-129f k-1 visa is for fiance,e not married yet,and the 1-130 cr-1 visa is for married.or 1-130 for family members,so you don't file both forms togather, many many years ago, you can file 1-130 and 1-129f to become the k-3 visa but that is no longer in use,

Timeline

The I129F was introduced when the I130 was taking literally years to adjudicate. It was designed for the immigrant to wait in the US, reunited with his/her family, while the lengthy process took place.

Now that the I130 is processed quickly, it really negates the I129F. While it is still on the books and thus accepted by USCIS, the quicker processing times of the I130 have basically made the I129F obsolete.

I am sorry, I wish you had found this site earlier where we could have explained this to you

good luck

thanks for the reply but now i am just curious that why USCIS accepting this I129f petition for k3 visa anymore when there is a quicker processing for I130 and also NVC administratively closed K3 visa, then whats the point of accepting that petition i am regretting daily for our mistake and just have small tiny hope that we could hear something good soon from VSC.

Timeline

two different froms, the 1-129f k-1 visa is for fiance,e not married yet,and the 1-130 cr-1 visa is for married.or 1-130 for family members,so you don't file both forms togather, many many years ago, you can file 1-130 and 1-129f to become the k-3 visa but that is no longer in use,

yea i came to know that when we sent I129f packet and then there is no way i can stop it. actually one of family friend advised to use this path by saying it might be shorter and they did same for their daughter(prior to 2010). Unfortunately we didn't search on this and now we cannot blame anyone as this is our mistake. hope you guys understand our frustration cz we have NOA1 from April 17, 2012 and waiting from september for our NOA2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

What do you mean by the I129f is basically obsolete?

99.9 percent of the time when an I-129F is filed , pursing a K-3 visa,

the two casefiles, I-130 and I-129F are joined together at USCIS

then approved together at USCIS

then travel together to NVC.

Once NVC opens 'it' up, it sees the approved I-130, and closes the I-129F.

Why? Because the basis for needed a K-3, an un-approved I-130, doesn't exist anymore for that petitioner .

Hence the concept of obsolescence for a K-3 visa ..

yea i came to know that when we sent I129f packet and then there is no way i can stop it. actually one of family friend advised to use this path by saying it might be shorter and they did same for their daughter(prior to 2010). Unfortunately we didn't search on this and now we cannot blame anyone as this is our mistake. hope you guys understand our frustration cz we have NOA1 from April 17, 2012 and waiting from september for our NOA2.

Welcome to VJ !

Two preferred links for you, for further study.

Comparison on K-3 vs CR-1 - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/204324-wondering-if-i-made-a-mistake-marrying-in-us/page__view__findpost__p__3060767

K-3 administratively closed - http://www.visajourney.com/news/2010/02/07/department-of-state-to-close-k-3-visas-if-i-129f-and-i-130-petitions-approved-and-received-together/

Let us know your thoughts and refactored plans, after reading these two links? TIA !

thanks for the reply but now i am just curious that why USCIS accepting this I129f petition for k3 visa anymore when there is a quicker processing for I130 and also NVC administratively closed K3 visa, then whats the point of accepting that petition i am regretting daily for our mistake and just have small tiny hope that we could hear something good soon from VSC.

USCIS is not DoS (NVC is part of DoS, btw)

and the two rarely talk

and since it's two seperate federal entities? They don't play well together.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
I don't understand why VSC consolidate both petitions(I130 and I129f) with different timelines.

Cause that's how they roll.

Seriously.

Whatever it's place in the queue, the I-130, it's yanked OUT of the queue and put back at the end of the queue when the I-129F shows up.

Cause that's how they roll. (repeated for emphasis)

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

why the hell USCIS accepting it and combine with I130 just to make the immigrant pissed off?

USCIS and NVC care naught when an immigrant is pissed off.

It's on the USCitizen Petitioner, the USCitizen Spouse, to help alleviate the mood of said intending immigrant.

If'n yer the USCitizen Spouse - I will pray for you, once a day for an entire week, to have the fortitude to overcome your spouse's tantrum.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.