berber_wife

Should we apply for K1 now or wait a year?

97 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Totally agreed that everyone should be responsible. I guess what I'm saying is that what works for me may or may not work for you. And the same for everyone else. What for some people would be a good decision may be a bad one for someone else. And who really knows when you make a decision if it is the right one or not? For me when I have a big decision to make I think it through and weigh the pros and cons and how it will effect me and how it will effect others important to me and make the best decision I can. I'm not saying anyone should behave irresponsibly. Far from it. I'm just saying that this journey is not a "one size fits all" journey and there are a lot of different ways to go through it.

Wow I have had too much time on my hands today. This is my first day off from work in a while and I am suddenly in a philosophical mood LOL. I guess I'm just saying we are all hoping for the same goal - being permanently reunited with our loved ones. I hope we can all share our stories and tell each other the truth - the good the bad and the ugly - but also remember to be kind to each other in the process. We don't have to sugar-coat it. It does no one any good to say things like "oh it is easy to get through approved through Casa". We all know that is not true. I guess I'm just advocating for us all to show kindness to each other. And tomorrow I am probably going to re-read my posts and think "what on earth got into my yesterday...." LOL.

Hope everyone is enjoying your weekend.

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

Everybody has a different style of communicating, that's true. Some people are really blunt; some people use a lot of emoticons; some people only post "congratulations," etc. But occasionally people (yes, especially when they are feeling stressed) interpret a certain tone that is not really there. I've been called a combative meanie, and also called polite and well-mannered - for the very same posts ! So don't stress it - it's just the internet.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

As I'm looking at the profiles of most in this thread, most of you have your loved ones beside you now. I wish there was a magic wand to wave to put me past this experience of waiting and wondering. Just be thankful that you are past the stress and worry that some of us are still in the midst of. I come here everyday looking for encouragement that my husband will get his visa, and that I've done everything possible in this process to prove ourselves worthy of getting his visa. I must admit , this site becomes addictive as I search for information that could help us along in this process. I have had mostly great experiences from people here , and only one bad encounter from someone who tried to make me feel like I didn't know anything about this site or the visa process.

All I know is I wish I found this website before I tried to petition for my husband (then fiance). Both of us were naive and I thought just because we are good honest people that I would get my fiance here with me. LOL I had no idea what was involved in the process and USCIS doesn't give you much insight! I even went directly to VSC for an infopass, showed them what I had to submit for our I-129f and was told it was all good, still got the 221g from the consulate. I wasn't told to front load, and to give all our chats and emails, i just did what the form stated, bare minimum.

Would I give up my job and leave my kids (17 and 20) , just to prove to them our relationship is real? I have a great job and income. I couldn't replace this job and my kids need me. However , that's just my circumstance. If I didn't have a great job and my ex was reliable to help out with my teens, AND I had a co sponsor to get us back....hmmmm maybe. Its hard to imagine when your not through the process , not being able to get your loved one with you . The steps you think you will need to take to prove to a stranger that your relationship is real. Especially when everyone keeps telling you how difficult it is to get through MENA consulates. Every time I see some one state that Casablanca is horrible to get through, I find myself beginning to panice again. I myself was asked by a lawyer, not just a lawyer but the Vice President of the Immigration Lawyers Association, if it was possible for me to move to my husbands country for a year. So yes, there is a panic button one feels when getting a denial. Some of us ride out the panic and build a stronger case, and some of us succumb to it.

Timeline

As I'm looking at the profiles of most in this thread, most of you have your loved ones beside you now. I wish there was a magic wand to wave to put me past this experience of waiting and wondering. Just be thankful that you are past the stress and worry that some of us are still in the midst of. I come here everyday looking for encouragement that my husband will get his visa, and that I've done everything possible in this process to prove ourselves worthy of getting his visa. I must admit , this site becomes addictive as I search for information that could help us along in this process. I have had mostly great experiences from people here , and only one bad encounter from someone who tried to make me feel like I didn't know anything about this site or the visa process.

All I know is I wish I found this website before I tried to petition for my husband (then fiance). Both of us were naive and I thought just because we are good honest people that I would get my fiance here with me. LOL I had no idea what was involved in the process and USCIS doesn't give you much insight! I even went directly to VSC for an infopass, showed them what I had to submit for our I-129f and was told it was all good, still got the 221g from the consulate. I wasn't told to front load, and to give all our chats and emails, i just did what the form stated, bare minimum.

Would I give up my job and leave my kids (17 and 20) , just to prove to them our relationship is real? I have a great job and income. I couldn't replace this job and my kids need me. However , that's just my circumstance. If I didn't have a great job and my ex was reliable to help out with my teens, AND I had a co sponsor to get us back....hmmmm maybe. Its hard to imagine when your not through the process , not being able to get your loved one with you . The steps you think you will need to take to prove to a stranger that your relationship is real. Especially when everyone keeps telling you how difficult it is to get through MENA consulates. Every time I see some one state that Casablanca is horrible to get through, I find myself beginning to panice again. I myself was asked by a lawyer, not just a lawyer but the Vice President of the Immigration Lawyers Association, if it was possible for me to move to my husbands country for a year. So yes, there is a panic button one feels when getting a denial. Some of us ride out the panic and build a stronger case, and some of us succumb to it.

You have been through a lot of set-backs, and I know it's frustrating and heart-breaking. But believe me, the stress of the immigration process is nothing compared to the stress you will go through later, after your husband arrives.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Timeline

You have been through a lot of set-backs, and I know it's frustrating and heart-breaking. But believe me, the stress of the immigration process is nothing compared to the stress you will go through later, after your husband arrives.

Ya Allah don't tell me that LOL, I was hoping for a big sigh of relief once he was here beside me! Maybe another thread should be started to inform us of that , but maybe I don't want to hear it yet!

Timeline

Ya Allah don't tell me that LOL, I was hoping for a big sigh of relief once he was here beside me! Maybe another thread should be started to inform us of that , but maybe I don't want to hear it yet!

Awwww insha'allah you will get that big sigh of relief very soon. (F)

The value of the information on VJ is priceless - I wish everyone could find this place before they ever start filling out paperwork for immigration. Especially for tough consulates like Casa - people get totally blindsided by what happens there, and the instructions don't prepare people at all.

There is nothing to compare with that feeling when your husband will finally get off the plane in the US, and it will indeed be a moment to remember forever.

And we'll be here when he eventually goes through the adjustment-to-America phase :)

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

Awwww insha'allah you will get that big sigh of relief very soon. (F)

The value of the information on VJ is priceless - I wish everyone could find this place before they ever start filling out paperwork for immigration. Especially for tough consulates like Casa - people get totally blindsided by what happens there, and the instructions don't prepare people at all.

There is nothing to compare with that feeling when your husband will finally get off the plane in the US, and it will indeed be a moment to remember forever.

And we'll be here when he eventually goes through the adjustment-to-America phase :)

Yes , my husband and I both dream of that feeling once he arrives in the airport in the US. Keep your fingers crossed that this will be our lucky month, its 8 months now waiting for NOA2 . Even with my senators help.

Timeline

Hoping you get good news soon Destiny64. Maybe now that it is a new year you will get the news you are hoping for! For you and for everyone who is waiting to be reunited with their loved ones. May 2013 be the year your dreams come true.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We may have our husbands here with us but believe me, we all remember our wait and all that went with it. We all went through the same thing as the newer members to some degree. Some were denied and overcame that denial, some had long AP, some waited forever for NOA2 and some seemed to breeze through with minimal issues. You'll get through it, too. It may take awhile but it'll happen, God willing. I agree with WOM, my wait and dealing with immigration was NOTHING in comparison to what waited for me after my husband got here. The adjustment and all was way worse. I will say that adjustment of status/removal of conditions was a breeze so there's that.

"The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Timeline

Thank you for you encouraging words everyone. I'm holding on tight waiting for the end of this ride to come to a screeching halt , with a smile on my face that says wow that was amazing but I never want to go on that ride again. LOL

I second what WOM and Mithra said. My husband has been here for a couple of years. We were initially denied and overcame it. Life was definitely more romantic and whimsical when I was heading off to Morocco every 3-4 months for an awesome vacation to see my husband, never having to cook, traveling to Tangier, Marrakesh, Asilah, etc for fun get aways. We are happy now to be together and thank God, happy in general. But my husband adapted extremely well, in part bc he had lived independently outside of Morocco for several years. My point in all this rambling is to say - enjoy what you can from your situation as it is now, knowing that every part of this journey has its challenges and its rewards.

Best of luck, and much ease in all aspects of the journey :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I agree a lot of us have our SO here with us, but the stress doesn't end the moment they walk in the country. The stress continues, just on a different level. My husband has been here 3 months, about 5 weeks post green card. He has been pounding the pavement, so to speak, every day looking for work. He sends a minimum of 20- 30 resumes and job applications daily. He has yet to have a single interview, other than a part time position at Home Depot for 8 hours on the weekend, he still hasn't heard back. He has a BS in computer science with job experience in his home country and still nothing. He brought a considerable amount of money with him, but it is running out fast. He is getting discouraged. At this point he is willing to take anything he can get. Although having him here has been wonderful. it isn't all rainbows and puppies, it's difficult when he just wants to be able to contribute. Lucky for us he has adjusted pretty well to living here. My family and most importantly my children adore him.

I am like you, I cant move to his country at this time as I have a son entering college in the fall, and another who just turned 15. My husband's family begs us all to move to his country so life won;t be so stressful(his family is wealthy), his dad offered to buy a home for us and even give us money to live on until my husband finds a good job. The culture there is just too different than what my kids are used to and I know they wouldn't adjust well, especially my 15 year old who has a form of autism. I would love to live there, I just can;t in my heart bring the kids away from all that they know, and away from their Dad. It is hard when you are torn, but as a Mom my kids are always first and foremost.

I didn;t find this site until after we got our NOA2, but luckily for us the process went pretty smoothly. My husband had AP for 9 or 10 weeks, but he did receive his visa. Try not to panic. I know that feeling from when I was at the interview with my husband and the CO said "your visa has been approved, but we cannot issue it today pending mandatory AP" I felt like I had been kicked in the stomach, the feeling of helplessness was overwhelming. We got through it, and there are many many others like you who were denied the first try and went on to succeed and get their SO here. Have you talked to Tayn1157? If you go to my page look for her in my friends, she and her husband got 2 denials, took her almost 3 years to get her hubby here, he has been here since May. If you contact her I am sure she will help. If you can't reach her on here I have her on FB and I have her phone number I could always reach her for you, they live 10 minutes from me. Good luck and I wish you the best.

Timeline

I'm hoping that we don't get another denial, we've proven to them that the k-1 denial didn't stop us, we waited two years to get married after the denial. We have shown longevity in our relationship and have had more time together. Do you remember the reason Tayn was denied twice? I'm very happy to hear for her sake that they are finally together! What a crazy mess of emotions that must of been, poor girl. I would love to hear what the "reasoning" was for the consulars denial the second time.

Timeline

Hoping you get good news soon Destiny64. Maybe now that it is a new year you will get the news you are hoping for! For you and for everyone who is waiting to be reunited with their loved ones. May 2013 be the year your dreams come true.

Thanks Abbi , I hope so too!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I held my self back from responding because my husband asked me to wait....cant do it anymore because I really know first hand how valuable VJ was/is to me.

OP stated neither her nor her SO has been married or have children so skirting her parental responsibilities is not an offense.

and

I am not very good with numbers but.. I am under the impression that the petitioner needs to be over the 125 percent limit for her last 3 consecutive tax years ( which she also stated she did not work for last year) which gives her not much option to qualify on her own, hence a sponsor.

So....I still feel suggesting to go and spend good quality time together was IMO a decent suggestion :D

We are mostly grown ups on here, I do know if one cant afford visiting or living in another country they should not attempt it... to prove ANYTHING.

I Just read her story and saw her with a wonderful opportunity to live with her love in Morocco, after filing. Safi.

YES, it was sarcasm. But getting the point? Maybe I didnt. What is the point?

I dont think it is necessary for anyone, even a lady who normally has sensible and good advice to refer to people as deadbeats.

Most, majority of ladies on here, come to VJ for help, and help they get from very experienced people.

Thank GOD.

If "they" (whom ever they are) persistently fail to pay personal debts or expenses (deadbeats) it is the failure of the family unit they come from, not suggestions from people posting.... as attempt to help one another on VJ.

I know first hand how emotionally hard this visa process is and it is counter-productive posting with invective slights.

I can see why some hesitate to join in at times.

I have such great blessing in life and dont wish to be negative towards any..

No offense to anyone on here, just....

my 2 cents (F)

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.