22 posts in this topic

I got an RFE letter from USCIS today from my removal of condition. It says that the evidences that we submitted did not established the bona fide marriage. What else can we send, we do not have children, we just live in the house of my mother in-law and we do not have any properties yet. Even our car is named to the monther of my husband not until my husband re-build his credit score back to normal again. We submitted the joint bank account, life insurance policy that i am my husband's beneficiary, credit cards that i am an additional card user of my husband, photos together, affidavit, our bills showing we live in the same home address and joint tax return

Now we added the transaction of our statement of bank account all throughout our marriage since we came here in the U.S. as they requested, the joint taxt return transcript account form IRS, recent bills and mail showing the same addres and driver's license and my learner's permit. My husband also included a letter which explains thats all we can submit since we do not have children yet, no own property/land and not even im included in his health insurance because its blue cross under medicare policy since my husband is disabled.

Any advice or suggestion wil be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

04/07/2007 - Met online thru Filipina Heart

04/08/2007 to 05/2007- Getting to know each other

06/2007 onward - long distance relationship went so well

(chat, email and calls,)

01/2008 - My husband proposed to get married and I accepted it and planned/scheduled to meet me in person

09/04/2008 - He left the States for me

09/06/2008 - I picked him up on the terminal 2 airport

10/08/2008 - We got married

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

04/12/2010 - 1-130 got approved

06/21-22 - Medical examination at St. Luke PASSED!!!

07/01/2010 - Interview PASSED! Love you Lord!!!!![/color][/size]

07/10/2010 - Arrived at AL USA with my husband

(POE- Dallas Forthworth Texas)

07/27/ and 08/03- Got 2 Welcome Letters

08/13/2010 - Got my GC [/size][/color]

04/26/12 - Submitted ROC documents

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

12/31/12 - Responded to RFE

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Austria
Timeline

I got an RFE letter from USCIS today from my removal of condition. It says that the evidences that we submitted did not established the bona fide marriage. What else can we send, we do not have children, we just live in the house of my mother in-law and we do not have any properties yet. Even our car is named to the monther of my husband not until my husband re-build his credit score back to normal again. We submitted the joint bank account, life insurance policy that i am my husband's beneficiary, credit cards that i am an additional card user of my husband, photos together, affidavit, our bills showing we live in the same home address and joint tax return

Now we added the transaction of our statement of bank account all throughout our marriage since we came here in the U.S. as they requested, the joint taxt return transcript account form IRS, recent bills and mail showing the same addres and driver's license and my learner's permit. My husband also included a letter which explains thats all we can submit since we do not have children yet, no own property/land and not even im included in his health insurance because its blue cross under medicare policy since my husband is disabled.

The only other thing i can remember right away maybe copies of your last will and medical power of attorney or whatever they call that.

Alles wird gut und wenn es noch nicht gut ist, ist es noch nicht vorbei.

US Citizen as of Arpil 17 2014

The only other thing i can remember right away maybe copies of your last will and medical power of attorney or whatever they call that.

Thanks for your reply. But we do not have property to make a will. I don't know about medical power of attorney. I have known many friends here who have 10 years gc and her and the husband were already seperated. What i meant is that i hope USCIS will realized that bona fide marriage does not only depends on the material possesions you both owned and shared if you have. we will see. We may pass what we got and then if they are not satisfied they can call us for an interview that's all we can do.

(chat, email and calls,)

01/2008 - My husband proposed to get married and I accepted it and planned/scheduled to meet me in person

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

In your second paragraph are these items that you did not send the first time but can now send? If your just sending those I would start there.

For the items you have submitted do they show the same address for you and your husband consistently?

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

See what others have sent in their postings, they want to see you combined your lives. It appears you have not convinced them so far. Maybe an attorney is the way to go for you or at a minimum some solid legal advice to get through this. A couple of day their was a posting where the OP put the concept in three major categories, you might search for it.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Here is the posting:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

I like to classify the ROC evidence into 3 categories. I will organize each piece of evidence you have into them:

1. Evidence of Cohabitation:

(a) Drivers License listing both of your addresses (very strong)

- also can help: Affidavits from your parents and sister stating you are living with them with the time period (strong)

2. Evidence of Financial Comingling:

(a) Joint Income Tax return transcripts (very strong)

(b) Joint Bank accounts (try to send selected statements covering the 2 years since you got the green card) (strong)

3. Evidence of a Bonafide Marriage:

(a) Letter/ultrasound from your doctor stating that you are pregnant (very strong)

(b) Affidavits from your family regarding your bonafide marriage (OK)

You can send the paystubs, but they are not considered very strong evidence. You also add letter from your spouse's employer listing you as an emergency contact, health/dental/vision/life/car insurances listing any of you as beneficiaries, any IRA/ stock accounts etc if you have any.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

We too, got the dreaded RFE for lack of evidence of a bona fide marriage, and we sent in alot of evidence. One thing you can do since the home you are living in belongs to your MIL, she can write a letter stating that she owns the house and verify that you both live in it, or she can draw up some kind of contract showing that you two are living there together. Also you said that you are the beneficiary for your husband, we sent this in too but what they are asking for is EVIDENCE that the life insurance policy is paid up to date and still active. We both have our life insurance policies through our work so what we did was send in copies of the paystub showing that all insurances are paid up to date and active.

I'm at the point of waiting to hear whether or not it was enough evidence we sent in. It's maddening.

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort. " – Herm Albright

POE: JFK New York: 04/18/2010
Receive Green Card in mail: 06/03/2010
Received SSN: 06/17/2010
Received NEW SS CARD: 07/20/2010
(to match GC!)
Got JOB!!: 09/27/2010
Got a better JOB!!: 11/20/2010

ROC Mailed: 02/16/2012
Check cashed: 02/24/2012
NOA received dated for: 02/22/2012
Biometrics dated:
04/18/2012
RFE:
10/23/2012
RFE Response Confirmed: 11/16/2012
Interview at Orlando office: 02/13/2013

2nd RFE!!: 10/03/13

2nd RFE Response: 10/09/2013

Update Biometrics: 10/13/2013 NEVER GOT 10 yr card!

N-400 mailed: 01/21/2014

Biometrics (N-400): 02/21/2014

event.png

In your second paragraph are these items that you did not send the first time but can now send? If your just sending those I would start there.

For the items you have submitted do they show the same address for you and your husband consistently?

Yes we did not send the transaction of our bank account we didn't know that they would request that we only sent them the certification of our joint bank account we got from the bank manager and it was also notarized. So we did send it now and send the recent bills of our credit card showing the same address. We have sent them the first the bills showing the same address we have but they did not mentioned it on the RFE that they got that thats why we are sending them again including the msot recent ones. They also mentioned that our affidavit and pictures are not concrete evidence of bona fide marriage. What else can we send we do not have properties nor children. My husband made a letter about it and explained. He also mentioned that if necessary and needed that they will require us to appear personally we can do that to prove that our marriage is genuine and true.

And i just finished my schooling via pell grant and student loan.

(chat, email and calls,)

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

Here is the posting:

Posted 06 May 2012 - 02:12 PM

I like to classify the ROC evidence into 3 categories. I will organize each piece of evidence you have into them:

1. Evidence of Cohabitation:

(a) Drivers License listing both of your addresses (very strong)

- also can help: Affidavits from your parents and sister stating you are living with them with the time period (strong)

2. Evidence of Financial Comingling:

(a) Joint Income Tax return transcripts (very strong)

(b) Joint Bank accounts (try to send selected statements covering the 2 years since you got the green card) (strong)

3. Evidence of a Bonafide Marriage:

(a) Letter/ultrasound from your doctor stating that you are pregnant (very strong)

(b) Affidavits from your family regarding your bonafide marriage (OK)

You can send the paystubs, but they are not considered very strong evidence. You also add letter from your spouse's employer listing you as an emergency contact, health/dental/vision/life/car insurances listing any of you as beneficiaries, any IRA/ stock accounts etc if you have any.

Thank you. We did not sent them the drivers license and my learners permit last time and now we are sending them. My husband does not work because he is disabled. We do not have children neither so i cant show them ultra sound record. We are now sending them the transcript of joint account from IRS. Last time we just sent them tax form joint account W2. We also did send them our credit card bills showing same address and i am the authorized user of my husband.I used to work and quitted when my internship started as required by my school. I just finished my schooling via pell grant and student loan. How can they deny me if they know i owe the US education dept a little money from my schooling? We do not have affidavits from my husband's parent since they mentioned in the RFE that affidavids are not concrete evidence of bona fide marriage. We sent them one from friend last time and pictures. So these are the summary of what we gonna send them:

1.Drivers license and my learner's permit showing same address

2.Joint bank account transaction since we opened it in 2011

3.Credit card bills and one christmas card sent to both our names and address

4.Letter of my husband explaning we do not have children and joint property to show since we still live in his mother's house.

We've already sent them an affidavit letter from his brotehr and mother that we will live with them in the US embassy Manila Philippines. They said here that we dont need to repeat the docs we have already sent and so we did not send them another letter from his mom and brother that we live here with them. My husband told them if necessary and they require us to appear in the USCIS, we will do it to porvie our marriage is bona fide. We cannot get attorney we do not have money for that. We will see after this if they will approve the petition already. Or if not we go back philippines with my degree but i owe their education department a little money how can they send me back to my country. I have read here that if they are not satisfied again, the least thing they can do is to schedule an interview for us. God help us.

(chat, email and calls,)

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

We too, got the dreaded RFE for lack of evidence of a bona fide marriage, and we sent in alot of evidence. One thing you can do since the home you are living in belongs to your MIL, she can write a letter stating that she owns the house and verify that you both live in it, or she can draw up some kind of contract showing that you two are living there together. Also you said that you are the beneficiary for your husband, we sent this in too but what they are asking for is EVIDENCE that the life insurance policy is paid up to date and still active. We both have our life insurance policies through our work so what we did was send in copies of the paystub showing that all insurances are paid up to date and active.

I'm at the point of waiting to hear whether or not it was enough evidence we sent in. It's maddening.

I understand wht you feel..We've waited long enough too. What if they are not satisfied again with the additional requirements? Are they going to send back the applicant to the own country? I heard they never do that unless you committed a crime here and under Conditional residence. I read here that they schedule an interview for both couples. As much as possiblei we do not want to ask again a letter from Mother in law because she always says i owe her something all the time. We want to do it on our own. We will see what would be their respond after we send this.

(chat, email and calls,)

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

To be honest with you they will not care that you owe student loans. If you don't pay them back they will default you and you will still owe them and if you default then you can never get more loans and it is a big mark for the rest of your life on your credit report here in the USA.

So telling them you have student loans will not stop them from denying you. Many people have credit cards and loans and get denied all the time.

What you say you have to send as proof sounds good so send it in to them. Do you have car insurance and are you both on the policy maybe a copy of that could help?

Best of luck!

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

To be honest with you they will not care that you owe student loans. If you don't pay them back they will default you and you will still owe them and if you default then you can never get more loans and it is a big mark for the rest of your life on your credit report here in the USA.

So telling them you have student loans will not stop them from denying you. Many people have credit cards and loans and get denied all the time.

What you say you have to send as proof sounds good so send it in to them. Do you have car insurance and are you both on the policy maybe a copy of that could help?

Best of luck!

We do have car insurance but my husband can't add me to that since i do not have drivers license yet but only learner's permit. Have you heard anyone got sent back to their own country because of RFE? we do not have any properties even the car is at the name of my inlaw since she sponsored my husband to be able to get that but we pay for it in behalf of the mom. We will see, we are gonna send what we have added now and see what will be the result since my husband stated in the letter we do not have any properties nor children even his health insurance won't cover me because it is under disability medicare of blue cross. If they will require us to appear personally we are willing to attest our bona fide marriage thats what in the letter attached with the additional requirements.

(chat, email and calls,)

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We do have car insurance but my husband can't add me to that since i do not have drivers license yet but only learner's permit. Have you heard anyone got sent back to their own country because of RFE? we do not have any properties even the car is at the name of my inlaw since she sponsored my husband to be able to get that but we pay for it in behalf of the mom. We will see, we are gonna send what we have added now and see what will be the result since my husband stated in the letter we do not have any properties nor children even his health insurance won't cover me because it is under disability medicare of blue cross. If they will require us to appear personally we are willing to attest our bona fide marriage thats what in the letter attached with the additional requirements.

Yes he can add you to it and have you excluded as a driver this will show him acknowledging you as a household member. Not only does that add you to his policy but it will lower his rate for being married.

Best of luck and keep the faith it will all turn out for the best!!

Edited by hamigirl710

event.png

event.png

Marriage: 7/12/10
Filed I-130: 9/10/12
NOA1: 9/17/12
Transferred to NBC: 9/19/12
Sent to local office for adjudication: 9/21/12
RFE for Beneficiary BC received 12/13/12
Mail BC in response to RFE 12/17/12
NOA2: 12/20/12
NVC case number assigned: 1/29/13
Sent DS-3032 email: 1/31/13
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill: 2/1/13
Pay I-864 Bill: 2/5/13
NVC Accepted DS-3032: 2/12/13
Received IV Bill: 2/13/13
Send Completed I-864: 2/16/13
NVC Received I-864 Package: 2/19/13
AOS Package accepted: 2/26/13
Pay IV Bill: 2/28/13
IV Packet Sent: 3/2/13
NVC Received IV Packet: 3/4/13
Case Completed at NVC: 3/13/13
Interview date: 4/30/13

APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POE: pending

Yes he can add you to it and have you excluded as a driver this will show him acknowledging you as a household member. Not only does that add you to his policy but it will lower his rate for being married.

Best of luck and keep the faith it will all turn out for the best!!

Thank You! I will ask him about that. They are paying their car insurance in one package his moms car and the car we are using under the name of his mom. We will see and call the state farm. Thanks again!

(chat, email and calls,)

01/29/2010 - Filed 1-130

05/11/12 - Biometrics

12/26/12 - RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.